Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Of all the teams that his mom lives close to 🤦‍♂️. Hope he is Able to spend more time with his mom though. Family>football every time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What did he do at UM again?
About 11 tackles and spent more time moving backward than forward.
So, in contravention of the prevailing “wisdom”…not a loss. Can be replaced by better.
Much better. Let’s see if Mario is who he says he is. I doubt it. Rats jumping ship.

Advertisement
By all means, apologize if mom is truly ill, but looking at his twitter, dsnt it seem odd like he was counting down the time to break the news? Usually you wouldn’t make it a countdown if you were happy at a place & were kinda forced to move closer to mom. And why wait until now to announce?! Why not be at home alrdy with ill mom?

-He doesn’t mention Steele or Salave'a in his portal note

-Ragone tweets a surprised face (if his mom was seriously I’ll, you’d think players wouldn’t be surprised by this move and see it coming)
073EA9E5-43EB-4010-9E46-258667526ACA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
By all means, apologize if mom is truly ill, but looking at his twitter, dsnt it seem odd like he was counting down the time to break the news? Usually you wouldn’t make it a countdown if you were happy at a place & were kinda forced to move closer to mom. And why wait until now to announce?! Why not be at home alrdy with ill mom?

-He doesn’t mention Steele or Salave'a in his portal note

-Ragone tweets a surprised face (if his mom was seriously I’ll, you’d think players wouldn’t be surprised by this move and see it coming)
i agree with this.. you dont have a countdown n cryptic tweets if thats what you wanna do...he was a NIL kid sooooo this aint really unexpected. Had we not look like sh-t he likely stays...but the ppl around him know that sit out year was coming because of him already tramnsferring

Advertisement
Upside? Sure; but, I don’t bank on that. We can legit say that about a lot of guys who have come in & washed out of this program.

I didn’t see a kid who took another step in progression/development. He played in less games last yr, against better competition, yet put up almost identical #’s as this yr. I’m not being overly critical, I just don’t think he’s an impact player like that. He was biggest guy on the DL & I saw him get washed more times than my dirty drawers by OLmen who will never sniff the NFL. (Pun intended).

C+ DL, & I can stretch it to a B- for a couple of really good games on the season.
@WaterburyCane - Now this is quality!

Advertisement
This is the first portal loss that actually matters. Jackson wasn’t a superstar but he was a good player at a position we’re thin at, literally. With Jackson gone and Jordan Miller out of eligibility, we don’t have a 1/0 technique NT that’s played a single snap. We need portal help on the interior badly

Would he have to sit out after 2 transfers in 2 years? I’m unsure if that’s still a thing because it’s becoming more common. Slovis for example

Exactly; there’s legit only a handful of players where I would absolutely bytch about not coming back…he’s not one of them. Appreciate his time here, & definitely appreciated his moments but he looked like a 700th+ ranked player. From the Duke game onward, he was literally a non factor. Like u, that’s not sour grapes, that’s facts.
They doubled his Ahss and ran away from him as well. A LOT of down blocks and pullers after teams saw we could not stop the counter and zone blocking plays cause the linebackers suck. Hard to ask your space eater to make plays this way dawg. Our linebackers would get caught in the wash instead of filling and scraping

Advertisement
Back