Darnell Washington (new thread)

Advertisement
You mean Michael Redding?

I been high on that kid from the very beginning, he's a phenomenal WR, athletic freak, I said so back in July when he first committed. The only WR I'm not crazy about in this is class is Worsham, but I'm huge fan of Redding.

My thing with Stubbs is the fact he was fired after everywhere he's been because he couldn't recruit well enough, so I'm not expecting him to do anything more than that here & I know for sure he's gonna struggle hard recruiting South Fla WR's, which I'm sure most of the board doesn't care about, but the reality is there's a shít ton of talented kids in the 21/22 classes locally at WR & we're probably going to miss out on most of them, it is what is. If this offensive staff wants to replace them with kids from elsewhere I'm good with that, I do however disagree with trying to turn Miami into a slow paced 2012 CMU style offense, but everybody seems to be okay with it, so just better hope it works out.

At the end of the day it honestly doesn't matter, Enox is on his way outta here by next year & Stubbs will be right with him.
This staff HAS to be able to get the best players in so. florida every year. Kid from georgia said it pregame "get to rep your state". Build it and the kids will come

Here's why I don't buy that coming from this kid...

If how often the TE is used in an offense is really the main determining factor for where this kid will go, then why TF would he ever even consider UGA?? UGA's TE only has 11 catches on the year & as a program hasn't had a TE do sh*t in the league since Ben Watson & Randy McMichael.

Bama's TE only has 12 catches on the year... Neither program uses the TE AT ALL lol.

If TE targets really matter that much to him this should be a Miami vs Oregon battle with Miami having the significant lead & aside from Oregon being a better team than us right now, Miami is still the better choice for a TE.

My estimation is, he wants to play at a winning program & was definitely looking to get paid, but neither UGA or Bama would be all that much money for a player at a position they barely use, they probably just selling him on the fact they're winning programs & put a bunch of players in the league, but that's not all that convincing to a kid that wants several targets a game as a TE.

I don't think he will seriously consider coming here, I feel like he's just playing games & looking to get a lot of attention so he can have hats on the table at whichever All-Star game he plays in in January.

However, we have nothing to lose here because the prestige of being TEU gives us more leverage than we usually have when trying to recruit high ranked 5-star prospects. So, all we can do is keep throwing the ball to Brevin for these last two games, put him position to be a Mackey Award finalist, get Darnell down for a OV, show him clearly we're the best option for him if he's serious about playing in an offense where the TE gets lots of targets & reiterate the success we've had developing TE's & getting them drafted in the first round & put the ball in his court.

If he smart he'll make the clear & obvious best choice for his career, if he's an attention seeking front runner he'll sign up to be a De facto Offensive lineman at Bama or UGA, either way it's on him.
☝🏾Every word I said still applies...

If he's still considering UGA or Bama it's because he's an attention seeking front runner.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You mean Michael Redding?

I been high on that kid from the very beginning, he's a phenomenal WR, athletic freak, I said so back in July when he first committed. The only WR I'm not crazy about in this is class is Worsham, but I'm huge fan of Redding.

My thing with Stubbs is the fact he was fired after everywhere he's been because he couldn't recruit well enough, so I'm not expecting him to do anything more than that here & I know for sure he's gonna struggle hard recruiting South Fla WR's, which I'm sure most of the board doesn't care about, but the reality is there's a shít ton of talented kids in the 21/22 classes locally at WR & we're probably going to miss out on most of them, it is what is. If this offensive staff wants to replace them with kids from elsewhere I'm good with that, I do however disagree with trying to turn Miami into a slow paced 2012 CMU style offense, but everybody seems to be okay with it, so just better hope it works out.

At the end of the day it honestly doesn't matter, Enox is on his way outta here by next year & Stubbs will be right with him.
Man I agree with almost every post Lce makes.

But note this - if you can’t or won’t recruit DBs and WRs in So Fla, you are doing it wrong as a UM coach.

Stubbs and Enos can GTFO.

Redding i’m good with. Agree on Worsham.

Advertisement
People said that about OJ Howard and he was ok. This is such a classic CI thread.

“This kid is an amazing prospect but if he goes somewhere else he’s not that good and if he comes here maybe we make him a striker?”

Who?

People said that about OJ Howard and he was ok. This is such a classic CI thread.

“This kid is an amazing prospect but if he goes somewhere else he’s not that good and if he comes here maybe we make him a striker?”
People said the same thing about Nick O'Leary. "Lol fSu DoEsnT usE tIGht ENdS!!!" They managed to figure it out and he won the Mackey.

**** him though.

Advertisement
Back