Darkest days

Canes4348

Freshman
What is your personal darkest day in recruiting?
1. Cook signing finical aid package and flaking?
2. The American heritage fiasco with the top two corners leaving?
3. UCF beating us out for the corner last cycle (brown I think)?

My personal one is Bryce Brown. I remember that year he came to canes fest with Tennessee gear... the 17 year old self should have RKO’d him and did my time in juvi.

Advertisement
None of those are even close for me, lol. Antone Smith choosing FSU was rough. Deonte Thompson going with UF was up there too. Another random one was Vidal Hazelton choosing SC, I was crushed lol. I am probably forgetting a couple, but Antone Smith and Deonte come to mind more than anything else right now.

All those scenarios you mentioned weren’t surprises so I was prepared. We all knew Dalvin wasn’t coming here with Yearby and knew Rumph wasn’t signing those guys. I didn’t lose any sleep over a CB signing with UCF either, lol.

Advertisement
Yeah, Pat P was another one even though we had time to prepare for that. It wasn’t like it was an NSD deal. The moment that kid visited UNC of all places at the time, yall knew what time it was. Major Wright was another one. Mid season commit to UF outta nowhere I wanna say, I was hurt lol.

None of those are even close for me, lol. Antone Smith choosing FSU was rough. Deonte Thompson going with UF was up there too. Another random one was Vidal Hazelton choosing SC, I was crushed lol. I am probably forgetting a couple, but Antone Smith and Deonte come to mind more than anything else right now.

All those scenarios you mentioned weren’t surprises so I was prepared. We all knew Dalvin wasn’t coming here with Yearby and knew Rumph wasn’t signing those guys. I didn’t lose any sleep over a CB signing with UCF either, lol.
Sony Michel to UGA
Corey Lemonier to AU
Amari Cooper to AL
Sammy Watkins to Clem
Evan Neal to AL
Every corner who could play at Miami and weren't 5 stars but were from SFL
I'm only asking for the Carlos joneses, Leonard myers, PBuch, DVD,
Glenn Sharpes to sign here. Tracey Howard is the only 5 star CB we've signed that I can remember.

Advertisement

My personal one is Bryce Brown. I remember that year he came to canes fest with Tennessee gear... the 17 year old self should have RKO’d him and did my time in juvi.
I don't really get 1 and 2 because I never thought any of them were coming here.

I was probably most ****ed off when Teddy Bridgewater left the class. We needed a QB and I knew that it would **** us over royally. And I underestimated just how bad.

The one that sticks out the most was the one where the recruit's mom wanted him at UM and hid his LOI so he couldn't sign with another school. I think it was with Arkansas.

The one that sticks out the most was the one where the recruit's mom wanted him at UM and hid his LOI so he couldn't sign with another school. I think it was with Arkansas.
Alex Collins.

I knew he wasn't coming when I saw him conversing with Folden at a bball game. He looked totally disinterested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lots of great names here. For me, though, it starts with antone smith.

After that, there were so many. Also recall SBB and Ridley. They were all set to announce (to us) during some 7x7 tourney when genron got his greasy hands on them and told them they needed to make a business decision.

Patrick Johnson was a good one - came to Hecht that week before signing day and supposedly told Randy that he wanted in. Randy told him to **** his own face.

dwayne bowe’s grandma telling Randy to pay up while he was on a visit in her house. Lols

back in the day, we had a hard on for tally kids. We went after pat Watkins, cormartie, tamarick vanover, Fred rouse, crappy thorpe and we were SUPER close to signing them (may have had some verbals/silents).

Advertisement
Back