Darius Washington Note

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Miami has continued their pursuit of offensive linemen to pair with Mike Tarquin and Kingsley Eguakun in this 2019 class, and one of their top targets has been West Tech OT Darius Washington. You may remember Washington as one of UM’s first official visitors of the season, making the trip with his family for FSU weekend. The visit went well of course and, since that time, CIS has learned that Miami has continued to trend up with Washington and his family. I was more measured in my response to his official visit and had UM still running behind Mississippi State, but a source close to the recruitment believes UM should be considered even with the Bulldogs and are a serious threat to flip Washington from his MSU commitment.

Advertisement
these OT's need to be sold on there is a wide open competition for both tackle spots.... any EE OT's have even more of an advantage....

Advertisement
Hopefully we get him. If we get Neal, a group of Egaukan, Tarquin, Washington and Neal may still not be enough. It would be nice to get even one more guy. Maybe a SFL guy like Blanchard (more of a guard) or Wilson to add to the competition/talent pool.

Advertisement
Kid should see a wide open tackle job and favorable depth across the board...
That is a scary thought but a very true one. We need this guy and above any other recruit we need Neal to come play LT as a 4 year starter.

Advertisement
We are so ****ed. In addition, Neal is looking more and more like Bama. Searels needs to go. I’m done with this clown.
Ive been done with him after this epic corching clinic hes putting on... year 3 and we are still middle of the game sending out different oline combinations.

I dont think this unit has improved at all since kehoe! It was trash then and its trash now

Ive been done with him after this epic corching clinic hes putting on... year 3 and we are still middle of the game sending out different oline combinations.

I dont think this unit has improved at all since kehoe! It was trash then and its trash now
He recruits well. He has brought in some guys that were projected to be good. The problem is that he has basically not developed anyone. Of course its not only on him, the players have their part and they have to have the right mindset and abilities but it certainly does not look well for him.

Advertisement
Need OL badly!!! I'm on board with passing on any more skill position players not already committed (yes even JH) if that means we can load up on DL/OL.

Need this kid. Especially considering Neal ain't coming.
-pwIl9.gif

Advertisement
Back