Darius Washington Note

Long armed guy that gets to the next level well. Strong hands and can control defensive players. Needs some additional S&C but that part is no problem once you get him into the program.

Advertisement
He recruits well. He has brought in some guys that were projected to be good. The problem is that he has basically not developed anyone. Of course its not only on him, the players have their part and they have to have the right mindset and abilities but it certainly does not look well for him.

Who are those guys, because right now, we got alot of young talent. The first recruiting class(2016) was a salvage job class, we pulled in one o-linemen in tre johnson, who i think transfered out. The next year was better, navaughn, herbert, hillery, dykstra and gaynor. And of course this year, scaife, campbell and reed. So that's 8 o-linemen that we have here, young and developing. So its hard to say they not being developed yet at this stage, but by next year, we should start to see signs of who the real searels is. He did a solid job the first year when he had to do the same thing, because the first year they got here him and coach richt knew their were no tackles on the roster, they made that clear 1st yr. This year i can see us signing either juco or grad transfers. Cause 4 guys are leaving the rotation in gauthier, louis, jones and mahoney! So itll be important that we get at least 4 to 5 o-linemen again this cycle. Here is what we know, if health permits, navaughn and gaynor will be 2 starters rom that 17 class. The 18 class, we do know scaife should be another starter. So somebody outta, herbert, campbell, reed, hillery and dykstra, im gone find it hard to believe none of them cant give us more than jones or hayden. That 2018 class is hungry, and they ready to do work, and although it would be great to get neal, eguak, washington and whoever else, i'm not counting on them.

Given Neal's proximity to the U and familial connection seems he would show some positivism. I in the camp of believing he doesn't want to get too close only to let us down. Hate it like a MF'er, but baga too much for us to handle on the recruiting trail with no offensive excitement.

Who are those guys, because right now, we got alot of young talent. The first recruiting class(2016) was a salvage job class, we pulled in one o-linemen in tre johnson, who i think transfered out. The next year was better, navaughn, herbert, hillery, dykstra and gaynor. And of course this year, scaife, campbell and reed. So that's 8 o-linemen that we have here, young and developing. So its hard to say they not being developed yet at this stage, but by next year, we should start to see signs of who the real searels is. He did a solid job the first year when he had to do the same thing, because the first year they got here him and coach richt knew their were no tackles on the roster, they made that clear 1st yr. This year i can see us signing either juco or grad transfers. Cause 4 guys are leaving the rotation in gauthier, louis, jones and mahoney! So itll be important that we get at least 4 to 5 o-linemen again this cycle. Here is what we know, if health permits, navaughn and gaynor will be 2 starters rom that 17 class. The 18 class, we do know scaife should be another starter. So somebody outta, herbert, campbell, reed, hillery and dykstra, im gone find it hard to believe none of them cant give us more than jones or hayden. That 2018 class is hungry, and they ready to do work, and although it would be great to get neal, eguak, washington and whoever else, i'm not counting on them.

Your 100% right. As much as the O-line has **** me off. There is a lot of talent but it's young talent. My only problem i have is not playing talent over seniority

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully we get him. If we get Neal, a group of Egaukan, Tarquin, Washington and Neal may still not be enough. It would be nice to get even one more guy. Maybe a SFL guy like Blanchard (more of a guard) or Wilson to add to the competition/talent pool.
I disagree. That would be an elite high 5-star talent OT along with a quality 4-star OT. We already have Scaife and Campbell at OT, that would be really solid. I’m really high on Tarquin and Eguakun as well. Both are really nasty and finish through the whistle and would be on the plus side as athletes for interior players. Tarquin is really advanced at getting to the second level as well, I know a lot of people list him at OT, but I think he’s one of those guys that can be a really good OT but even better at G and his mean streak is a better fit inside imo.

Your 100% right. As much as the O-line has **** me off. There is a lot of talent but it's young talent. My only problem i have is not playing talent over seniority

In this case, this is why i respect what coach richt is doing, because he's not feeding alot of the young guys to the wolves for the sake of him trying to look good. So he'll take some losses now and weight for the young o-linemen to get some more physical development, see realus george. That's what a coach taking care of his players is about. Alot of guys need to redshirt, helps prevent injuries.

In this case, this is why i respect what coach richt is doing, because he's not feeding alot of the young guys to the wolves for the sake of him trying to look good. So he'll take some losses now and weight for the young o-linemen to get some more physical development, see realus george. That's what a coach taking care of his players is about. Alot of guys need to redshirt, helps prevent injuries.

GTFO this is a ***** argument

GTFO this is a ***** argument

If you say so, but this is football, not basketball or tennis. There is a reason the nfl makes players wait to enter the draft after 3yrs. Have you ever seen 4 True fresmen and one sophmore starting on any o-line in D-1 football, cause apparently that's what yall want coach richt to do!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back