Daquris Wiggins is "locked in" on Miami

View as article

David Perez

Recruit
IMG_5576.jpg

At the opening regional in Orlando this past weekend, Miami targets were everywhere.

All eyes were on uncommitted prospects such as Mark Pope and Brian Hightower, but Miami wide receiver commit Daquris Wiggins doesn’t need all the attention.

“I’m really locked in with UM right now,” Wiggins said. “That is where I’m going to take my talents.”

Wiggins was a part of a loaded Miami Southridge wide receiving corp in 2016 that included other division one talents such as Kemore Gamble and Mark Pope.

Wiggins stands high above the rest at 6’2”, and displayed his physicality on Sunday.

[TWEET]833400649043812357[/TWEET]

Wiggins will provide size to a Miami wide receiving corps which already has Lawrence Cager and Ahmmon Richards, and has embraced the UM tradition.

Wiggins attended Miami’s junior day last week, and continued to develop his relationship with the coaching staff.

“Junior day was great,” Wiggins said. “Had a long talk with Coach Dugans, had a long talk with Coach Dugans I mean it was great. That’s family, it’s like a family to me, so I’m locked in with UM.”

For Wiggins, the continuity of the staff is part of what makes him feel most comfortable.

“Every time I come its the same thing,” Wiggins said. “They are family, it’s all love.”

Wiggins was there with teammates, and has recruited players such as Mark Pope by example.

“Only way I’m gonna get them over there is just show them,” Wiggins said. “Show them the way, just lead them.”

As for Wiggins’ role on campus at Miami, the 180 pound receiver expects to be a big part of the offense while playing on the outside.

“All the coaches are telling me I’m an aggressive receiver,” Wiggins said. “Good route runner, and fast for my size.”

Wiggins is one of Miami’s most solid commits, and attributes much of his love for the ‘Canes to the coaching staff.

“Every time I see them the relationship is getting better and better,” Wiggins said. “It don’t get worse it’s good man, the relationship is good they are a good coaches.”

And at the end of the day, Wiggins’ mindset is simple.

“Why not stay home and bring a championship?”

Advertisement
I am excited about this kid. May be the best of the WR bunch.

Wiggins is smart. He's not going to fck around and lose his spot like Billy Gibson. With the 10 deep list of WRs out there he's wise to hang on tight.

Advertisement
Big fan of this kid. Doesn't seem to care about hyping himself, just plays. I hope he's as good a recruiter as he is WR.

Go Canes!

How fast is he? Does he also run track?

What kind of stats did all of these Soithridge receivers put up last year? They sure had a lot of them.

What kind of stats did all of these Soithridge receivers put up last year? They sure had a lot of them.

"fast for my size" isn't going to equate to a scorching 40 time, but speed isn't everything. Every receiver doesn't have to be super fast as long as they run good routes and get separation.

Advertisement
He's gonna be the best of the bunch. Take him over the midget from Aquinas any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Wiggins is smart. He's not going to fck around and lose his spot like Billy Gibson. With the 10 deep list of WRs out there he's wise to hang on tight.

You got that right.

There's room for 3 spots, MAYBE 4 at most this year.

Some really good players are going to be left out of the dance. High class problem to have for UM coaches

Advertisement
Wiggins is G .. so happy we got him set.. cant wait for him and pope !! epic !! this storm 18 could be best class of all time ?

It's disrespectful for this kid to be considered a low four star. He attacks the football. Imo, he's a mid to high 4 star talent. Love Wiggins. I'll repeat; get Pope, Hightower, Wiggins, and Moore and wrap it up, unless Williams wants in too, but I'm fine w those 4.

Southridge actually didn't throw the ball all that much last year, they won games mostly due to their elite Defense.

They even had Antwan Collier playing QB in some packages, he was used primarily as a runner though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He reminds me of Lamar Thomas in his stature, stride and way he attacks the ball w savagery. Stoked For this young man to don the U on his helmet. Bonus is he appears to bleed green and orange.

So Under rated. This kid has a ton of potential.

Mike Williams from Clemson potential?

he's smooth at 6'2 180 +. Kinda reminds me of a Kevin Beard TYPE...I think he has a lot of growth potential.

Advertisement
Back