Daquan Ivery

Earl Moore is built like one big muscle....dude is like 6'0 285-290 with no gut.Strong as **** too...hes the guy we will use to just get upfield and shoot gaps.

Ivery...Curtis Porter reloaded..short....another 6'0 footer..but wide lower body and big butt...a plugger...will control gaps..kid is STRONG as all ****..im talking bench of 400 strong.Meaning hes stronger than Forston as a high schooler...

Someone said Briscoe is a man...YES HE IS...Golden.Franklin and comp when they went to see in person was shock at his size...dude is like 6'4 300-310 and plays dend.lol.....

Love the inside guys we pulled...alot of speed guys we recruited at de...to compliment.(Hamilton will be the stout guy that moves around like OjomO)

Advertisement
Agree gogeta. I love our DT class. Very unheralded but they'll all contribute in their own way when they're here.

Listen to Golden's interview with Joe Rose. Golden said Ivery's senior film was the most impressive of the bunch. Enough said for me.

We need a short, squatty ******* that's a fire hydrant to just hold the line on defense.

I think Ivery is that type of player...Earl Moore is a little stumpy kid too that's an ox. Briscoe is a big boy too.

I think the group as a whole is a bit underrated among our ridiculous jumbo sized class.

Advertisement
We need a short, squatty ******* that's a fire hydrant to just hold the line on defense.

I think Ivery is that type of player...Earl Moore is a little stumpy kid too that's an ox. Briscoe is a big boy too.

I think the group as a whole is a bit underrated among our ridiculous jumbo sized class.

Larry i was more disappointed in Micanor Regis than Forston this year. As i know what Forston limitations were b4 he even committed.

Forston is a pass rusher...never was overly strong...he used his hands well....and could run pretty good(when in shape) and he diagnosed plays..but never really shot off the ball..would stand up whole the lineman and run sideline or rush the passer when he deciphered the play..so he dominated in high school....

Regis was the guy that was supposed to be the ox...with the work ethic etc....OMG..you guys dont know...he got his *** handed to him SO MANY TIMES...i blamed VTECH partially on him (winning play).....i mean he got pancaked alot....then i watch him in the all star game week ago..same sH*t...On one play the guard one on one cleaned him completely out the screen allowing the rb to run directly up the middle for about 30 yds...i mean it looked like a video game glitch where the ol is glued to dl ...it was so bad the coaches took he and the next dt out of the game for that drive after that. Wasnt some big name guard prospect..was a lower tier school guy that just gave it to him.

Larry i was more disappointed in Micanor Regis than Forston this year. As i know what Forston limitations were b4 he even committed.

Forston is a pass rusher...never was overly strong...he used his hands well....and could run pretty good(when in shape) and he diagnosed plays..but never really shot off the ball..would stand up whole the lineman and run sideline or rush the passer when he deciphered the play..so he dominated in high school....

Regis was the guy that was supposed to be the ox...with the work ethic etc....OMG..you guys dont know...he got his *** handed to him SO MANY TIMES...i blamed VTECH partially on him (winning play).....i mean he got pancaked alot....then i watch him in the all star game week ago..same sH*t...On one play the guard one on one cleaned him completely out the screen allowing the rb to run directly up the middle for about 30 yds...i mean it looked like a video game glitch where the ol is glued to dl ...it was so bad the coaches took he and the next dt out of the game for that drive after that. Wasnt some big name guard prospect..was a lower tier school guy that just gave it to him.

Regis was never that good.

Advertisement
I kept waiting for Regis to accomplish something during his time here, it just never happened. It's been awhile since we had real quality at DT

Anyone notice that in Al's presser Ivery was mentioned as a Nose Guard? He says it near the end of the recap video.

Stout, compact and thickly built.
His best position is NT, the big man will be taking up a lot of space, clogging the middle.
He can occupy blocks.
He's good at staying low coming out of his stance and keeping his hands in and with a low pad level.
Plays with good leverage.
Has a short reach. Can he consistently keep bigger blockers off of him?
May not have a lot of sacks and tackles, but hustles and gives a lot of effort.
Battles hard inside, which can open up big plays for others around him.
Has a good bull rush move to collapse the pocket in passing situations.
A big body that will be tough to push back.

For those of you concerned about offers and stars, Earl Moore had offers from USCw, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. If this isn't a good offer list, then I don't know what is. I say this kid ends up being a straight up balla!!!

Advertisement
For those of you concerned about offers and stars, Earl Moore had offers from USCw, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. If this isn't a good offer list, then I don't know what is. I say this kid ends up being a straight up balla!!!

The kid had received interest from those schools. He didn't have any major commitable offers outside of Miami.

Stout, compact and thickly built.
His best position is NT, the big man will be taking up a lot of space, clogging the middle.
He can occupy blocks.
He's good at staying low coming out of his stance and keeping his hands in and with a low pad level.
Plays with good leverage.
Has a short reach. Can he consistently keep bigger blockers off of him?
May not have a lot of sacks and tackles, but hustles and gives a lot of effort.
Battles hard inside, which can open up big plays for others around him.
Has a good bull rush move to collapse the pocket in passing situations.
A big body that will be tough to push back.

Basically said the same thing in 5 of those little takes.

Advertisement
Back