Danny Garcia starting

L
Awesome...UM/LBS game time tomorrow?

7pm.

Tonight's Miami team will lose tomorrow.

This is the same stuff we have seen the last few years. Can't hit a lick in postseason tournaments. Zack Collins is in an epic slump. I believe he has 2 hits in the last 5 games. Barr has gone cold as ice and dropped to 8th in the lineup. Chester has been striking out left and right.

It's still Omaha or bust for me but I have seen nothing over the last 3 years to make me think we are going to start hitting again. Each win is more than likely going to be a low scoring dog fight.

I am happy that Collins got that key hit in the 8th since he is in an epic slump. Why bother to even watch tomorrow if you already know that we are going to lose. Btw Stetson's starting pitcher is no bum.

That is dumb logic. Collins has 2 hits in 5 games and probably 7 strike outs but because one hit was with two outs it means he isn't in a slump?

Where did I say we were going to lose tomorrow? I said if tonight's team shows up we will lose. I hope Aprils team shows up tomorrow.

I don't care what Stetsons pitcher did in cape cod. Guy is 6-5 with a 4+ era. That's terrible and we got 4 hits off him.

I can see why Jagar gets so mad on this board. Some of you can't see anything but rainbows.

Collins last 5 games before tonight

May 21 vs FSU 3-4 Home run 3 rbis
May 21 vs FSU 1-3
May 25 vs GA Tech 1-3 Home run
May 26 vs NC St 0-4
May 28 Vs FSU 0-3

Slumping somewhat for him 5-17 with 2 homers. That is an "epic" slump?

Epic may have been an overstatement. But you are using numbers to help your argument. Last 5 games includes last night game. So he is actually 3-17 with probably 7 strike outs. I would call batting .176 in the clutch of the season a bad slump. And to make it worse I'm pretty sure I have been talking about the team struggling to hit in the postseason. Collins is 2-13 for a .154 avg. yes or no is that a slump?

Second question did Thimas Woodrey have a good season for us this year? Yes or No? Because he and the Stetson pitcher have about the same stat lines. Woodrey was good last year but does that mean we should say is good this year?

You and ban bet guy are so defensive. I like Morris, think he has earned the right to go out on his terms as long as we are making it to Omaha and winning acc titles. I am very happy with the season so far. To not make Omaha would be a major disappointment. I already have purchased airline and hotel to come to the supers next week and flew down just to watch them play UNC this year.

But if you are going to argue that the entire team is not in a hitting slump and has not done this exact same thing three years in a row then we have nothing to discuss because we see things too differently. I'm happy with last nights win but I **** sure am not running around high fiving everyone saying "this team has no flaws we will skate to Omaha, I love everyone, ban bet me bro"

Advertisement
Frasier and Morris have built such a dominant program, we have "fans" who do nothing but whine and complain after WINNING an NCAA tournament game.

That does not happen at any other school in the country.

I wonder how Jagr and Miami04 would feel if they were Ole Miss (or perhaps Texas or UCLA fans) now

Checked the one seed score from last night. Saw the Texas A&M game was close. Went to their message board. Saw multiple threads complaing about the win. Would you say they are another team in the country?

You are so flippin' lucky!!!! | TexAgs

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need a 1B that can hit. Such a waste to have Barr in the lineup.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need a 1B that can hit. Such a waste to have Barr in the lineup.

Sounds like wishful thinking. If that guy isn't on the roster then how is it a waste to have Barr in the lineup?

Advertisement
L
7pm.

Tonight's Miami team will lose tomorrow.

This is the same stuff we have seen the last few years. Can't hit a lick in postseason tournaments. Zack Collins is in an epic slump. I believe he has 2 hits in the last 5 games. Barr has gone cold as ice and dropped to 8th in the lineup. Chester has been striking out left and right.

It's still Omaha or bust for me but I have seen nothing over the last 3 years to make me think we are going to start hitting again. Each win is more than likely going to be a low scoring dog fight.

I am happy that Collins got that key hit in the 8th since he is in an epic slump. Why bother to even watch tomorrow if you already know that we are going to lose. Btw Stetson's starting pitcher is no bum.

That is dumb logic. Collins has 2 hits in 5 games and probably 7 strike outs but because one hit was with two outs it means he isn't in a slump?

Where did I say we were going to lose tomorrow? I said if tonight's team shows up we will lose. I hope Aprils team shows up tomorrow.

I don't care what Stetsons pitcher did in cape cod. Guy is 6-5 with a 4+ era. That's terrible and we got 4 hits off him.

I can see why Jagar gets so mad on this board. Some of you can't see anything but rainbows.

Collins last 5 games before tonight

May 21 vs FSU 3-4 Home run 3 rbis
May 21 vs FSU 1-3
May 25 vs GA Tech 1-3 Home run
May 26 vs NC St 0-4
May 28 Vs FSU 0-3

Slumping somewhat for him 5-17 with 2 homers. That is an "epic" slump?

Epic may have been an overstatement. But you are using numbers to help your argument. Last 5 games includes last night game. So he is actually 3-17 with probably 7 strike outs. I would call batting .176 in the clutch of the season a bad slump. And to make it worse I'm pretty sure I have been talking about the team struggling to hit in the postseason. Collins is 2-13 for a .154 avg. yes or no is that a slump?

Second question did Thimas Woodrey have a good season for us this year? Yes or No? Because he and the Stetson pitcher have about the same stat lines. Woodrey was good last year but does that mean we should say is good this year?

You and ban bet guy are so defensive. I like Morris, think he has earned the right to go out on his terms as long as we are making it to Omaha and winning acc titles. I am very happy with the season so far. To not make Omaha would be a major disappointment. I already have purchased airline and hotel to come to the supers next week and flew down just to watch them play UNC this year.

But if you are going to argue that the entire team is not in a hitting slump and has not done this exact same thing three years in a row then we have nothing to discuss because we see things too differently. I'm happy with last nights win but I **** sure am not running around high fiving everyone saying "this team has no flaws we will skate to Omaha, I love everyone, ban bet me bro"

You claim we played terrible yesterday and that we were playing much better earlier in the season.

Newsflash, genius: We PLAYED STETSON early in the season, and won by the same exact score, 4-2.

Were we in a "hitting slump" then as well?

Sleepwalking through a midweek game is different than the mindset required to be playing your best baseball in June. By posting that we had the exact same score in two completely different types of games is the biggest indictment against Jim Morris yet.

Sleepwalking through a midweek game is different than the mindset required to be playing your best baseball in June.

This is one of the reasons why you fail so miserably at this.

You have no evidence that the 4-2 win the result of any 'mindset' that the team had. A team can have a great mindset and get no-hit. A team can have a so-so mindset and score 10 runs.

We hit the ball hard several times yesterday and it was right at someone.

Collins took the first pitch he saw and drilled it. He was clearly locked in. It was just right at the 2B and he made a nice play. Lopez hit a ball 360 feet to left center that would have been a HR if it was hit 10 feet more down the fence in left.

If those two things happen would you say that the team had a better 'mindset' than they did?

Clown show.

By posting that we had the exact same score in two completely different types of games is the biggest indictment against Jim Morris yet.

This is lame even for someone who tries to one up himself so much.

If we beat Louisville 8-4 or 6-3 in Omaha I'd love to see you make that same comment.

Advertisement
Hold on.......now it's tough to play at home? LMAOOOOOOO.

Another one for my list. I have to tell you, though, I didn't see this one coming.

This is the trash I am talking about. Alex Cora who did play here ya know, said the distractions of being in Miami was more difficult for them than on the road.

Did you play here? I did not either. You need to lighten up Francis, I was just restating what was said by a player who walked the walk. Miami is a different animal than any other college town. Enjoy the win and let's keep it going to Omaha!!!

Semper Canes!!!

By posting that we had the exact same score in two completely different types of games is the biggest indictment against Jim Morris yet.

This is lame even for someone who tries to one up himself so much.

If we beat Louisville 8-4 or 6-3 in Omaha I'd love to see you make that same comment.

Fail. Louisville was a prime weekend series where both teams bring their best. You know, just like in the post-season. Playing the same game in June that we played on a Tuesday in March is prime evidence that this team is not peaking.

Advertisement
I'm sure I'll have a lot to say after a loss, so I don't want to dissect the wins.
I'll take it.
The pitcher we're facing tonight is "pretty good" (10-1/1.98), so I expect a similar game tonight.

Vandy's the one with mindset issues.
2 errors, 8 strike outs, 1 run on 4 hits thru 6.

Advertisement
Any who are you guys watching Vandy being blown out by Xavier right now??

Advertisement
Back