Danny Dillard

Advertisement
I just don't see this kid as a RB unless he can be like a Najeh, but he needs 30 lbs for that

They recruited a kid like this for a reason. They have a plan to use him and I think he'll produce in a niche role.

Am I crazy thinking he is similar to Greg Jones at FSU? Not nearly as beastly or physically gifted of course.

James Starks is a good comparison too

Last edited:
Has this kid ever played on defense?

Agree with mirvin88. This guy has to play. Get him in the weight program. Then get him doing what he does best: go north and south.

(I wish he could catch, though.)

Big, strong, fast. Likes contact. Doesn't cut.

Golden seems to like a big back that can blast it on short yardage. When Mike James graduates, then the roster would be without a big back, so having Dillard on board gives him one.

I'm sure the coaches had something in mind when they offered his scholly.

Advertisement
I still say that Danny Dillard would have been perfect in Paul Johnson's offense. He needs to get the ball in space and run straight ahead. Putting him on the edge, taking the pitch is scary.

Looks like he could be quad hill--hopefully he can catch and I bet he'll block well in time. If he starts for us as a tailback we have issues. He looks slow and lacks explosion.

IMO the coaches know how special Duke is and didn't go looking for the next most talented RB they can get as the second RB in the class. Instead, they went looking for the next most talented RB they can get that will compliment Duke and take over any shortcomings he may have. Dillard wasn't recruited to ever be Miami's feature back, he was recruited to thrive in his niche, which is short yardage/goal line, pound the interior of the defense and gain tough yards by hitting the LOS fast.

Love having you around these parts, G. Good stuff as usual.

Advertisement
Alot of fans think he wont see many carries but I like his tape. He is a big change of pace back and he could be a great short yardage back.

Senior highlights

[video=youtube;aBSu3KIV8Wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBSu3KIV8Wg[/video]

Advertisement
Yep. That last series of cutbacks was totally unnecessary.

Does he do that a lot, though? One cut shouldn't get you too worried. I saw a lot of downhill runs while I was looking for that one bad series of decisions. I think he'll know his role here, and it won't be to dance in the open field.

Advertisement
Yep. That last series of cutbacks was totally unnecessary.

Does he do that a lot, though? One cut shouldn't get you too worried. I saw a lot of downhill runs while I was looking for that one bad series of decisions. I think he'll know his role here, and it won't be to dance in the open field.

+1

The interesting thing he showed on the senior tape was his ability to catch the ball. Add hands to speed, size and toughness and you have a versatile player.

4th and inches just outside FG range i wouldnt want anybody else on the team to get the nod but Dillard. When dude learns to get low and use that frame i think he can be a great short yardage back. I agree hes definitely not an every down guy, 4/5 carries a game

Advertisement
Back