Danny Dillard

The shortcomings I see in his videos are all teachable items (eg; as another poster mentioned, him learning to run with a lean).

Advertisement
4th and inches just outside FG range i wouldnt want anybody else on the team to get the nod but Dillard. When dude learns to get low and use that frame i think he can be a great short yardage back. I agree hes definitely not an every down guy, 4/5 carries a game

How can you make a statement like that when the kid hasn't even laced them up yet in a game? How many recruits have come down the pipeline at UM only to disapear and become afterthoughts? I'll bet someone said the same thing back when we landed Kylan Robinson.

4th and inches? One back? How about Maurice Hagans? To my knowledge he was 3-3 on short yardage last season and then the coaching staff mysteriously pulled the plug on his short yardage carries. Why? Was it working too well?

Until we see these kids in any sustained action I will refrain from annointing them as the next possible anything until they show that they belong at this level.

This

IMO the coaches know how special Duke is and didn't go looking for the next most talented RB they can get as the second RB in the class. Instead, they went looking for the next most talented RB they can get that will compliment Duke and take over any shortcomings he may have. Dillard wasn't recruited to ever be Miami's feature back, he was recruited to thrive in his niche, which is short yardage/goal line, pound the interior of the defense and gain tough yards by hitting the LOS fast.

Advertisement
Back