Daniel Gresham & Demetrius Knox; Update: On campus today

Hstokes1447

Junior
These teammates from Texas that both recently de-committed from Texas could be a package deal. Looking closer at their individual top 5 lists, the only schools they have in common are Miami and FSU. I would love to have both of these guys in this class.

Demetrius Knox is the #1 rated guard in the country. Add him to the impressive offensive line class Miami has and we could have one of the best offensive line classes ever.

Daniel Gresham although he is listed as a HB his future is a FB. At 5'10 231 with a bench press max of 340 and squat max of 650 as a high school JR, this kid can take over after Mo graduates. With his size and strength he could be another Patrick Hill for Duck, Edwards, Yearby, and hopefully Cook, to run behind.

Both of these guys have said in interviews that this staff is recruiting them hard. Get these big Texas boys down for a visit and I think they could be CANES come signing day.

Advertisement
Sounds like we're on their short list, but there is lots of time left before NSD. Thanks for posting.

These teammates from Texas that both recently de-committed from Texas could be a package deal. Looking closer at their individual top 5 lists, the only schools they have in common are Miami and FSU. I would love to have both of these guys in this class.

Demetrius Knox is the #1 rated guard in the country. Add him to the impressive offensive line class Miami has and we could have one of the best offensive line classes ever.

Daniel Gresham although he is listed as a HB his future is a FB. At 5'10 231 with a bench press max of 340 and squat max of 650 as a high school JR, this kid can take over after Mo graduates. With his size and strength he could be another Patrick Hill for Duck, Edwards, Yearby, and hopefully Cook, to run behind.

Both of these guys have said in interviews that this staff is recruiting them hard. Get these big Texas boys down for a visit and I think they could be CANES come signing day.

One issue with Gresham and the assumption he will play FB exclusively is that he wants to play RB badly but will play some FB to help out the team, but make no mistake he wants carriers. He is originally from Kentucky so Louisville has been his favorite growing up. That said rumor is Ole Miss and UL lead with Mich 3rd and UM bringing up the rear of his top group. Mich said they want him as a Power Back which he really likes hearing but he knows he needs to get his speed down to make it.

I am thinking UM could use him in the 1 back set with 2 TE's, especially considering he can block an catch well, leaving the play Action wide open.

Gresham discusses wanting to play RB.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/7/22/3175890/daniel-gresham-demetrius-knox-package-deal-texas-longhorns

As for Knox I think he is OSU bound, if not by some quirk of fate then its UCLA. I think UM's next and final Oline commit comes from one of the Tampa Area kids Wynn, Martinez, or Montel McBride ( Plant City, FL. UM has been quitely recruiting not sure if it is Dline Or Oline; could be a wild card pick up)

Last edited:
This guy has been training hard. Can't wait til he hits Greentree.

92.gif

Advertisement
That's awesome.

Bring him in and I could play RB for the U the next couple years.

One issue with Gresham and the assumption he will play FB exclusively is that he wants to play RB badly but will play some FB to help out the team, but make no mistake he wants carriers. He is originally from Kentucky so Louisville has been his favorite growing up. That said rumor is Ole Miss and UL lead with Mich 3rd and UM bringing up the rear of his top group. Mich said they want him as a Power Back which he really likes hearing but he knows he needs to get his speed down to make it.

I am thinking UM could use him in the 1 back set with 2 TE's, especially considering he can block an catch well, leaving the play Action wide open.

Gresham discusses wanting to play RB.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...m-demetrius-knox-package-deal-texas-longhorns

As for Knox I think he is OSU bound, if not by some quirk of fate then its UCLA. I think UM's next and final Oline commit comes from one of the Tampa Area kids Wynn, Martinez, or Montel McBride ( Plant City, FL. UM has been quitely recruiting not sure if it is Dline Or Oline; could be a wild card pick up)

Coley can point out how FSWho used pryor last year. he was a full back but also got carries and caught the ball out the back field. plus we can also stretch to point the we currently dont have a proven short yardage powerback (i kno duke did it pretty well last year)

Update on Gresham from ITU today:

-Will be in Coral Gables this Monday coming up
-Says Miami is always in contact
-Speaks to Coach Montgomery the most
-Also speaks to Hurlie Brown a lot
-Also speaks to Carroll and Golden
-Says it shows the whole staff is interested in him
-Wants to learn about the academic side of Miami
-Might major in corporate communications
-Being a top 40 college is a boost
-Wants to spend time with some of the players and meet the whole staff
-Has visited S FL multiple times cause his brother lives there but has never been to Coral Gables
-Says Miami wants him at RB and other schools like him at FB
-Looking forward to learning more about the offense and where he'd fit in
-Wants to build a relationship with Hurlie Brown, wants to see if he feels comfortable with him and if they connect
-Visiting Ole Miss on 7 JUNE
-In addition to Ole Miss and Miami, Arkansas, Alabama, FSU, and Missouri are his top 6

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Texas-RB-Daniel-Gresham-Ready-to-See-Coral-Gables-132973

Advertisement
I wonder why Gresham is coming monday and not sunday when he could meet alot of the potential player in the 2014 class including his future QB. Not to mention he could also see how UM coaches run their practice up tempo, either way i like that he is coming and will get quality time with coaches.

Go Canes

Derron Montgomery.

Grad assistant -- slot receivers. Son of the great Wilbert Montgomery.

From Texas. Father coached RBs with Ravens

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy would be a great get. Like 2focused said above we could us him like FSUck used pryor. Plus after seeing the evolution of the offense this year, looks like Coley and Golden are going to use Mo as that big ground and pound short yardage back/goal line situation RB.

Kaaya is recruiting these 2 today.
Lt. Philip Nolan @TheStateOfTheU
I watched Gresham's tape the other day, REALLY like what he can do. Fits into Coley scheme perfectly. I know @TrinidadBrad likes him too.

Brad Kaaya @TrinidadBrad
@TheStateOfTheU showing him and DK around campus right now!

Advertisement
Back