Dancing queen on the playlist ??!!!

No music major would be in the band. Majoring in music is time intensive, spending time learning the routines is a time waster

Yes, and a lot of Miami's music majors were either in Industry (more business-related) or Engineering.

All the "plays the trombone well" music majors go to F$U.

Set aside "learning the routines", the marching brand PRACTICES were historically held on the IM Fields in the afternoons when it is blazing hot outside.

I was never in the band, but I had tremendous respect for my classmates who put up with that craziness for four years purely out of love for the old alma mater.

Advertisement
The fact that people think that players are really paying attention the music being played is hilarious. If that was the case, the kids at Alabama, Georgia and other more traditional schools would be bored out of their minds. I've been to Tuscaloosa, I've been to Athens, those kids are locked in, they couldn't care less about what is getting played during breaks. At most traditional schools, you hear the band, usually playing some boilerplate song. Penn State plays 7 Nation Army to the point of annoyance, most major schools won't even go near hip hop...

The music is more for the fan experience and even then, it's background noise for the vast majority of people in the building. Then again, I'm quite sure that no matter what the school played, our whiny fanbase would find a way to dislike it. I know that CIS is the outlier of the fanbase, but I wonder if there's ANYTHING the maudes around here think the school does correctly. I just don't get it. **** near every other thread is "The University of Miami sucks because (Insert Poorly Thought Out Reason Here)". The school isn't perfect and there's things that bother me, but the constant whinefest is exhausting.
The players do listen to the music especially during breaks in the action. I have a relative that plays for bama so yes they are locked in but they also do get hyped and enjoy the music.

Advertisement

in the 90's this crazy ****** from LA would play this in the locker room and it became our tradition always got us ******* hype

Advertisement
Back