Dan Sileo keeps it really real...goes HAM

Dan Sileo's niche is to get a reaction. He doesn't bring much from an analysis/discussion point of view.

Advertisement
I agree with most everything being said here but we are NOT irrelevant.

We show a blip of life and hey are eager to put us on TV. Recruits still love the U tradition and its still strong right now.

We might suck and our program might be dormant, but we are not irrelevant.

Recruits ain't got no idea what the U tradition is.

We show a blip of life and hey are eager to put us on TV. Recruits still love the U tradition and its still strong right now.

What does that even mean?

When you still have kids from across the country talking about the U and its tradition, then I don't see how the term irrelevant gets tossed around so easily.

Advertisement
If they had any understanding of The U tradition they wouldn't go.out there representing it with that Dairy Queen softness they are and have been recently trotting out.there

When you still have kids from across the country talking about the U and its tradition, then I don't see how the term irrelevant gets tossed around so easily.

If they had any understanding of The U tradition they wouldn't go.out there representing it with that Dairy Queen softness they are and have been recently trotting out.there

+1, and if Alumni did what they used to do and call up the current players to cuss them out for playing ******, the current players would probably just start crying. Then go post on twitter or something about how they were treated bad and how the older players are "hating" or "not showing any love"

Lol...they have been playing Sileo's audio on Atlanta talk radio...appreciate that he cares, but it comes off a little contrived

Advertisement
Sorry, but most of this is complete bull****. It's not about them not caring, not playing hard, or being mentally weak. Our DL is just not talented or the talent is young and needs to develop, which everyone, including the coaches, knew going into the season. A dumbass ranting or past players *****ing them out isn't going to change that. It's not going to instantly make Porter invincible or Robinson not a head case or Smith talented. It's not going to all of the sudden give Moore, King, Ivery and Briscoe the experience and physical development they need to contribute. It's not going to give Pierre and Grimble the redshirt year they needed or make them talented enough to be more than rotation guys.

It was a ridiculous overreaction.

Count him as yet another delusional Canes supporter who can't recognize a rebuilding program.

No it wasn't...he's an alum, who played the same position he is ranting about. He knows the standards that need to be held up and he is calling them out.

When Miami has been "rebuilding" for 10 years, its no longer rebuilding, its simply a losing program.

Exactly. We've gone from reloading to rebuilding to flat out sucking.

Dudes need to accept reality. We are not a good team. Making matters worse, our coaching staff doesn't may not have "it". I'm willing to wait until after the season to form a definitive stance on Golden.

A lot of things STILL need to change. It's sad times in Canesville, very sad, bad times!

I don't post much, generally come here for good info and the occasional laugh. Having said that, I agree with all of this. At what point in time do we start paying attention to the fact that we have been "rebuilding" for almost 10 years? Yes, coaching transitions have happened, yes rosters have turned over, yes recruiting has been at times very good and at times very bad, clearly discipline and commitment (including NevinGate) have been lacking over this timeframe as well.

So, I'm confused as to why no other top program is having the same struggles that we are over such a prolonged period of time? Yet mid-majors, **** even historically average FBS teams (K-State) are enjoying so much more success than we have been?

Just searching for answers while trying to come to grips with the fact that we are not a good football program. My hope is that we hit rock bottom this year and are finally able to start climbing out of this hole we have dug for ourselves over the last decade.

This is an easy answer. It all has to do with coaching. USC wallowed in mediocrity for decades until Pete Carol came along. Alabama, L$U, neither did **** throughout most of the 80's, and 90's (with exception of that one year Bama won the NC in 92) and 2000's until Saban came along. Florida did good under Spurrier, sucked under Zook, killed it under Meyer, and now suck again under Muschamp. Ohio State could not win the big game until Tressel showed up. Texas wallowed as well until Mack Brown helped build them into a powerhouse. Oklahoma sucked in the 90's until Stoops showed up and made them contenders. Nebraska has since fallen off the radar when their coach retired in 1999 (although I thought Solich was a solid coach).

These are all school with far more resources than us, and yet they struggled until the right coach showed up. We will continue to do so until we take the time to find a good coach with a game plan that our kids will buy into. Is Golden that guy...I don't know, but unless he can get these kids to start playing hard this year, I doubt it. Good coaches work with the talent they have and find ways to win. K-State without Bill Schneider had loosing seasons annually. K-State with Bill Schneider stomps UM 52-13.

People can say its about players or whatever, but if you really do your research, it takes a good coach who can get the players to believe in his system to create a winning culture. Our own Schnellenburger provides a prime example of this.

Good post. Of the programs mentioned, the Bama comparison is the closest to us in terms of a dynasty that fell & wallowed in mediocrity. After Bear left they languished, and in their grief stricken dark ages ran off a couple decent coaches in Curry and Shula, and are now enjoying themselves under Satan (but then his demeanor has to ruin some of it - imagine if he wasn't such an jerk).

Advertisement
I think USC might be the best coaching job in America all things considered. The only downside that I see is also one of their greatest advantages--being on the west coast. They own the west coast and can cherry pick Texas. The issue with being on the west coast is that your exposure from a live tv standpoint can be limited.

With all that said, I agree from the coaching perspective.

That was great I hope every single so called "player" on that team heard it because he is 900 percent correct. You tell them Dan!

Advertisement
If our coaches didn't sound like that in position meetings they should be fired immediately, that's the fire we have been missing for far too long. We are truly irrelevant.

It was a ridiculous overreaction.

Count him as yet another delusional Canes supporter who can't recognize a rebuilding program.

No it wasn't...he's an alum, who played the same position he is ranting about. He knows the standards that need to be held up and he is calling them out.

When Miami has been "rebuilding" for 10 years, its no longer rebuilding, its simply a losing program.

By 10 years, you mean the past 10 years with different coaches, different players, different teams? The past 10 years is irrelevant. THIS year is a rebuilding year. If it wasn't, the depth chart wouldn't be littered with Sophomores and Freshman.

You can't rebuild a ****, you have to chuck it out and start over. We're starting over and hopefully Golden won't lay a ****

Sileo is no Cane. Dude was a Terrapin who latched onto us and was a **** sucker. Before he came down to you guys, he was on in Tampa and he his tongue was crammed up Urban Meyer and the Gator's ***. Worthless prick!

Exactly, eitehr peole ahve short memories or have no clue about this guy

Advertisement
Back