• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Dan Radakovich Article

grover

Senior
Not surprising he's folksy given his background. Don't be fooled. I've seen folksy people with steel backbones and iron wills. All signs point to him being that type of guy.

Fatboycane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
gun hd GIF

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
I'm a little familiar with Aliquippa (albeit well after Rad's time there). Pretty tough area. Not so much crime-wise despite that having risen but it produces tough people. Ditka, Tony Dorsett and Pistol Pete are from there too. Ty Law and Darelle Revis more recently.

Funny thing is reading this all I could imagine was Blake James trying to work in a steel mill on his college breaks.

gary16506

Recruit
I'm a little familiar with Aliquippa (albeit well after Rad's time there). Pretty tough area. Not so much crime-wise despite that having risen but it produces tough people. Ditka, Tony Dorsett and Pistol Pete are from there too. Ty Law and Darelle Revis more recently.

Funny thing is reading this all I could imagine was Blake James trying to work in a steel mill on his college breaks.
Beaver Falls.........Joe Namath. And let not forget another Joe named Montana.

JeddTheFisch

Fischin'
Maude

Press Maravich grew up there. Pete was born there, but grew up in South Carolina and North Carolina.

But you're totally right about the area. I'm not trying to pick at your post.

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Press Maravich grew up there. Pete was born there, but grew up in South Carolina and North Carolina.

But you're totally right about the area. I'm not trying to pick at your post.
Nah, you're absolutely right. They still claim him even though I think he was like in elementary or middle school when they left. Ditka is still the king to the oldheads there.

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman

Sean Gilbert also