Dan Orlovsky Interview

Orlovsky has been great in his short time as an analyst. He’s been on the Nashville sports talk numerous times talking the learning curve for Mariota in Matt LaFleur’s offense. Glad to see he finally got to announce one of our games and shed some light on what we already knew as fans.

Advertisement
Yeah...my memory of phone booths is torn and shredded phone books, if they even had phonebooks. I remember trying to go thru those torn-up mangled phonebooks squinting to find the name and number...reminds me of Richt squinting at his crib sheets trying to find plays to call.
All while breathing the stench of urine.

Advertisement
Now some could say "Oh wait, what if Andrew Luck made the wrong read or a bad throw and didnt execute" That's fair... However a good O coord designs and puts his players into great positions to execute. Just watching those break downs by Dan kind of makes you think Richt has stopped putting in work..... I dont know....

This is Richt's worst nightmare, it's one thing for us no-nothing fans to blurt out stuff(even though many of these same fans, like yourself Roman, absolutely have a high football IQ) but when a guy who played QB in the NFL, it's much different.

Again, hail Dan O!!
An important point

Fans can always be dismissed. You get the right people talking and it changes everything

Advertisement
I love it.

he's nuts.

he gave a chalk talk my senior year at Yale. He was there as an invited guest of the coaching staff, and then he gave a talk with our OC/QB coach, and the three other QB's in our room. Broke down film of each of us, and showed how his philisophies/system would apply to us, in terms of reads, decisionmaking, ball handling, play selection (check with me's), etc

yes, i can tell you first hand, he's nuts. certifiably bat sh*t crazy! but he's smart, fascinating to talk X's and O's with, and what he says? he's not wrong.

he's nuts.

he gave a chalk talk my senior year at Yale. He was there as an invited guest of the coaching staff, and then he gave a talk with our OC/QB coach, and the three other QB's in our room. Broke down film of each of us, and showed how his philisophies/system would apply to us, in terms of reads, decisionmaking, ball handling, play selection (check with me's), etc

yes, i can tell you first hand, he's nuts. certifiably bat sh*t crazy! but he's smart, fascinating to talk X's and O's with, and what he says? he's not wrong.

And this is egggggsackly the type of guy that is needed to run our offense and guide our QB's

Just one word: "archaic."

That's all he had to say.

Richt saying, "We call plays that have worked for thirty years..."

How can you change a mentality like that? You can't. He will never delegate well to someone with whom he disagrees.

It's hopeless.

I posted this exact word as well as saying CMR has our offense playing in a phonebooth. It's on a couple of threads and Im too tired to give Richt anymore of my time.

This is Richt's worst nightmare, it's one thing for us no-nothing fans to blurt out stuff(even though many of these same fans, like yourself Roman, absolutely have a high football IQ) but when a guy who played QB in the NFL, it's much different.

Again, hail Dan O!!

Absolutely this.

Any chance you can have Dorsey break down a game and interview him too? Ask him specifically about QB development

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back