Dan Lanning to Oregon

I realize that's a joke, but she is a strong *** woman. Beat an aggressive form of cancer and has a clear bill of health.
Don't doubt for a second and It takes a special kind of human to be married to a coach too.
And honestly at first the name is kind of wtf, but it grows on you

Advertisement
I definitely get what you're saying but the point I'm trying to make is we have options and need to be patient. Just because a guy is a hot name and can recruit doesn't mean he'll be a good coordinator.

I'm not against Muschamp but I'm not sold on Muschamp being a top D-coordinator anymore either. I'll rather Muschamp than Schulman because he has valuable HC and DC experience that he would bring to our team. Same goes for Patterson.

Also in the NFL ranks. I'm sure there will be some names that will be intriguing as potential DC's once the season ends in a month.

I just want a good experienced coordinator who will put our players in position to be successful. We can surround our coordinators with recruiters to ensure he has the talent needed to be successful.
You want a good experienced proven coordinator but you’re not sold on Muschamp? Ummmm who are you expecting? You want us to hire an NFL DC?

It doesn’t seem like Mario is rushing anything. If he hires someone soon it’s probably because he believes that’s the best guy for the job.

The Jim Knowles and Marcus Freeman types don’t really grow on trees. There’s only a few elite level DCs available every year because the elite ones actually become HCs.

With that said, you do have Muschamp right there available as well so you can definitely make the case that he is the safer pick of the two. Beyond him though I’m not sure there are really any other surefire home runs.

Doug Belk is the hot name but even he only has 1 year of play calling experience. Tressel is similar to Belk. The Big 10 guys (Leonhard, Heacock, etc) I feel like are lifers or HC in waiting. Durkin is interesting but also toxic.
With Lanning moving on to Oregon as HC, UGA is moving Muschamp to co-DC with Schumann, per Kirby statement.

Last edited:

Sauphia 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

******* rednecks

You want a good experienced proven coordinator but you’re not sold on Muschamp? Ummmm who are you expecting? You want us to hire an NFL DC?

It doesn’t seem like Mario is rushing anything. If he hires someone soon it’s probably because he believes that’s the best guy for the job.
Muschamp's Defense at Auburn or SC was not that impressive. He's far removed from those Texas and UF days.

Advertisement
No

DL/AHC- Salave’a
OLB/ Co-DC Partridge
ILB/DC- Schumann
I'd just call it
DL - Salavea
EDGE - Partridge
LB - Schumman.

My only thing is doing the titles that it takes to get Schumann. Like with Lanning leaving UGA, and them going Co-DC with Muschamp, he may not want anyone with a Co-DC tag if he comes here, even if he is the play caller.... Like if the idea is we are going to steal him away from UGA BECAUSE they have him and muschamp listed as Co-DC (though who calls plays may be deciding factor), then it'd seem we'd need to give him FULL DC title.

Where is that Partridge stuff coming from? As if he comes here as one of the top D-Line coaches in the country to coach outside linebackers?!

Its either him or Salave'a.

Where is that Partridge stuff coming from? As if he comes here as one of the top D-Line coaches in the country to coach outside linebackers?!

Its either him or Salave'a.
Because most 3-4 OLBs are ends in a 4-3…

Advertisement
I would stop trying to assign position coaches to these OC/DC hires.

In most cases, these guys want to bring in coaches who they’re familiar with.

Advertisement
Back