Dan Lanning to Oregon

Advertisement
Schumann getting disrespected by Kirby. Call the man, Mario and offer him full autonomy over the defense.
I think it makes sense. Muschamp will probably never get a better gig so just go ahead and make him DC and get it over with.

Advertisement
I think it makes sense. Muschamp will probably never get a better gig so just go ahead and make him DC and get it over with.
Schumann was the co-DC with Lanning under Kirby. Now that Lanning moves on, the dude doesn't get a promotion but must share the duties of a DC with Muschamp? I think that tells us how important Kirby values Muschamp, and who really is the DC of that defense. IMO, of course.

I’m impressed no one has brought of Leavitt. He’s usually obligatory.
Big Cat GIF by NETFLIX

Schumann was the co-DC with Lanning under Kirby. Now that Lanning moves on, the dude doesn't get a promotion but must share the duties of a DC with Muschamp? I think that tells us how important Kirby values Muschamp, and who really is the DC of that defense. IMO, of course.
Players think higher of Schuman than Lanning. Kirby might go the conservative safe route and choose the proven commodity . Which could work in our favor , Mario has a relationship with Schuman

Advertisement
Players think higher of Schuman than Lanning. Kirby might go the conservative safe route and choose the proven commodity . Which could work in our favor , Mario has a relationship with Schuman
I agree with you, I'm just saying, if I'm Schumann, I'm taking a better opportunity. Yeah, UGA has a great defense, but he isn't given credit for it by Kirby. I think it's a slap in his face by promoting Muschamp as a co-dc with him.

Advertisement
nothing is stopping schuman going to oregon if they name muschamp play caller
Yes, if Miami and Mario come calling. Oregon isn't going to offer Schumann a better opportunity than Mario will. Schumman will have a greater talent pool and the same amount of money, he won't have Lanning looking over his back, oh yeah, and living in Miami.

nothing is stopping schuman going to oregon if they name muschamp play caller
was thinking that, but then remembered Mario apparently interviewed and offered (?) him the job at Oregon last year and he turned him down. Think Mario at Miami is more appealing than Lanning at Oregon, but I guess we will see. That is if he doesn't just stay at Georgia.

I’m thinking more along the lines of eventually Schumann will leave too. Muschamp isn’t. Just do what will be done eventually and make him at least Co-DC play caller.

Advertisement
If we’re serious as we say we are, we pay to land schumann
You can be serious and offer more money even but if he wants to stay… that doesn’t mean we weren’t serious.
Oregon was serious…. But Mario is seriously in Miami 🤷🏼‍♂️

My guess is that muschamp will be interim DC for the CFP but Kirby will probably tell Schumann that the job is his next year.

Advertisement
Back