Dan Enos Interview w/ the Herald (Part I)

Advertisement
What I got was, the QB he chooses is the one who got it "upstairs" first. Which encompasses leadership, knowledge of the offense, poise in the pocket, handling adversity and conduct on and off the field. Then come the physical skills like accuracy, escapability, avoiding sacs, scrambling and getting yards with his feet. All those physical skills come second. That is how I always saw QB's who make it to the league.

It was laughable when some porsters judged Tate when first saw him throw in practice as not good because he didn't know how to throw tight spirals. That was the end of it for this poor guy.

Its not. It might be on your wall.

Bookmark this post so we can revisit it in August.

Tate will start. Their excuse will be that it's bc of the average oline and bc Diaz and Enos handpicked Tate. They may even go as far as saying Enos had a favorite. What they won't admit is that Tate is the better QB. That he is the perfect QB to bring back Miami's identity and lead this team in the first step to be great.

Advertisement
There really is no reason to be under center much in today’s game. I love the fact that he’s willing to not be under center if that’s what fits the QB, but I don’t really see where that wouldn’t best fit a QB?

There really is no reason to be under center much in today’s game. I love the fact that he’s willing to not be under center if that’s what fits the QB, but I don’t really see where that wouldn’t best fit a QB?

I'm sure it's more about best fitting the offense. To be able to mix in operation under center that is not a clear tell as to being a handful of run plays is very advantageous for keeping the defense off-balance and helping establish a successful run-game.

I know the NFL is a different game, but it's interesting to note that the 2 teams in the Super Bowl this year were the teams with the highest percentage of their offensive snaps under center (LAR at 62%) and the third highest percentage of their offensive snaps under center (NE at 55%).

Enos alluded to the fact that this Spring is about establishing the fundamentals and working to develop weaknesses. I'd bet more time was spent focusing on comfort and operation under center this Spring than will be reflected in games in the Fall. But, I'm sure operating under center will remain an option for this offense that we will see some of from game to game.

With the athletes Miami has, and can get in every recruit cycle, there is no reason why we shouldn't run the spread. I see no reason to get under center and see Realus on the field unless it is short yardage or goal line situations. Even then it could be argued that spreading teams out in those situations is the better move.

It's ultimately going to come down to his on-field product, but man, it's refreshing to hear someone make intelligent comments.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back