Dan Enos Interview w/ the Herald (Part I)

Advertisement
Devils advocate here.....maybe our centerpiece should be our TE's. Give them 12+ touches and you'll open up the run and game and provide more favorable matchups for Thomas. It will also help alleviate pressure on the OL and provide safety nets for the young QB's.

Of course though Thomas should get his touches in every way possible. (provided he's fully healthy)
I love Brevin but I’ll be honest I thought it was criminal he had basically the same amount of catches JT4 did .

Anyone else think our three headed monster at RB can produce similar stats to Bama's backs from last year? DeeJay = Damien Harris, Cam = Josh Jacobs, and Lingard = Najee.

"Sleeping Giant". He knew alabaga wouldn't be what they are without SOFL and FL boy in general. Doesn't take a brainiac to know our greatness will be our ability to keep boys home. We already a social media and entertainment hot spot. Just win and play exciting football and they will come.

Give me this part straight into my veins. Not necessarily Tate being the starter but Enos' philosophy/willingness to adjust to maximize your specific QB's skillset:

▪︎So if Tate Martell wins the job, would UM gear it toward him by allowing him to play out of the shotgun, where he appears more comfortable?

“The big thing is he’s done it his whole life, so he’s probably more comfortable being in the shotgun,” Enos said. “I think good coaches tailor whatever they do around their guys. Whoever the quarterback ends up being, we’re obviously going to gear it toward their skill set, whatever that is.▪︎
Smart coach

Advertisement
Is anyone else getting that blue bar advertisement at the bottom of the page on the herald website? Jesus Christ herald your website is worse than AIDS

Advertisement
I LOVE ENOS!!!

If you read between the lines, this interview validates what I/we already know.....Coaches have huge egos, regardless if it is in a good or bad way. I am of the belief that Enos ego will tremendously work in our favor!

Think about it from a QB development/guru perspective. The "experts" have stated that Tua would be great, regardless of who would be the QB coach and/or offensive coordinator. That's a lose, lose situation for Enos. Conversely, he can come to Miami and turn around a QB situation that from a national perspective, looks like a complete joke. That's a win, win situation!

From a legacy perspective, regardless of what he could have accomplished at Bama, all of the credit would have gone to Saban. They could break every offensive record and Tua could win the Heisman, but Saban will get and demand the credit. Conversely, Enos can come to Miami and in his words, "I feel this program is a sleeping giant, has a chance to explode. Was excited to be on the ground floor of that.” The entire quote is an example of what I am talking about, but the bolded portion is really telling, in my opinion.

As for the Georgia offer, I don't know Enos and what was behind his decision, but he might has well stayed at Alabama, if he was going to consider Georgia. It's hard to imagine that he ever gave Georgia any consideration, based upon how he left Alabama. Obviously, I am speculating, but Georgia was never an option.

IMO, there are two primary factors in this matter. First of all, Miami provides him with the challenge of being the guy on the offensive side of the ball; similar to how Diaz was the guy on the defensive side of the ball under Richt. Look how that turned out for Diaz. In three years, he is now the head coach at The U!

Secondly, Enos is smart enough to know that on paper Miami looks like the risky choice, which bodes in his favor once he turns things around. However, he is even smarter to know that Miami is not that "risky" due to our talent base, appeal, and potential, hence why he called it a "Sleeping Giant!"

All in all, Miami desperately needed Enos, but I would argue that Enos also needed Miami. Here's to hoping that this marriage is more like Mike and Ike, than Ike and Tina!

True but I think we should produce about 75% of that.
Agreed and it's not like the teams we face in the ACC have top notch defenses. Honestly against the teams we face we should be putting up numbers (with competent coaching).... That UVA game still ****es me off (especially since i had to sit out in the freaking cold to watch that incompetence).

Devils advocate here.....maybe our centerpiece should be our TE's. Give them 12+ touches and you'll open up the run and game and provide more favorable matchups for Thomas. It will also help alleviate pressure on the OL and provide safety nets for the young QB's.

Of course though Thomas should get his touches in every way possible. (provided he's fully healthy)

Our primary formation should feature both Jordan and Mallory. You can line them up tight, flex them out wide, motion or shift them into multiple looks and favorable matchups. Both can play TE or H-back. There's enough talent overall that we'll be coming at defenses in waves.

1a
RB Dallas 4*
WR Thomas 4*
WR Osborn 2*
TE Jordan 4*
TE Mallory 4*

1b
RB Harris 4*
RB Lingard 5*
WR Pope 4*
WR Hightower 4*
WR Payton 4*

reserves
RB Burns 3*
FB George 3*
WR Harley 4*
WR Njoku 3*
WR Wiggins 3*
WR Few 2*
TE Irvin 3*
TE Hodges 3*
TE Polendey 3*

Last edited:

Give me this part straight into my veins. Not necessarily Tate being the starter but Enos' philosophy/willingness to adjust to maximize your specific QB's skillset:

▪︎So if Tate Martell wins the job, would UM gear it toward him by allowing him to play out of the shotgun, where he appears more comfortable?

“The big thing is he’s done it his whole life, so he’s probably more comfortable being in the shotgun,” Enos said. “I think good coaches tailor whatever they do around their guys. Whoever the quarterback ends up being, we’re obviously going to gear it toward their skill set, whatever that is.▪︎

I wish the last guy had thought it was obvious.

Advertisement
Completely agreeing with what Enos said in the article. By George you say you tailor the offense to the QB who’s starting? That concept completely missed the last few OC’s we’ve had, where they would rather fit a square peg in to a round hole. All of the learning that’s been going on during Spring ball and the scrimmage games is going to serve whoever wins out at QB for the opener against the hated Gayturd. Let all the learning show you what the kid is good at naturally, or becomes proficient at in something perhaps he wasn’t aware he was good at/in. I can’t wait to see what happens over the Summer months into Fall camp. Whichever guy gets the nod it will only be after displaying all of the key attributes that Enos outlined for all 3 players. And living/breathing those will give us a top flight QB to run this diverse offense, get the ball in to space for our skill positions, and create poise in the signal caller that if/when we face adversity, they’ll be able to overcome it.

Gotta admit, he's saying everything I wanna hear!!

I trust in the guy, I want the guy who can do the most things in the offense and doesnt limit the playbook

Advertisement
I LOVE ENOS!!!

If you read between the lines, this interview validates what I/we already know.....Coaches have huge egos, regardless if it is in a good or bad way. I am of the belief that Enos ego will tremendously work in our favor!

Think about it from a QB development/guru perspective. The "experts" have stated that Tua would be great, regardless of who would be the QB coach and/or offensive coordinator. That's a lose, lose situation for Enos. Conversely, he can come to Miami and turn around a QB situation that from a national perspective, looks like a complete joke. That's a win, win situation!

From a legacy perspective, regardless of what he could have accomplished at Bama, all of the credit would have gone to Saban. They could break every offensive record and Tua could win the Heisman, but Saban will get and demand the credit. Conversely, Enos can come to Miami and in his words, "I feel this program is a sleeping giant, has a chance to explode. Was excited to be on the ground floor of that.” The entire quote is an example of what I am talking about, but the bolded portion is really telling, in my opinion.

As for the Georgia offer, I don't know Enos and what was behind his decision, but he might has well stayed at Alabama, if he was going to consider Georgia. It's hard to imagine that he ever gave Georgia any consideration, based upon how he left Alabama. Obviously, I am speculating, but Georgia was never an option.

IMO, there are two primary factors in this matter. First of all, Miami provides him with the challenge of being the guy on the offensive side of the ball; similar to how Diaz was the guy on the defensive side of the ball under Richt. Look how that turned out for Diaz. In three years, he is now the head coach at The U!

Secondly, Enos is smart enough to know that on paper Miami looks like the risky choice, which bodes in his favor once he turns things around. However, he is even smarter to know that Miami is not that "risky" due to our talent base, appeal, and potential, hence why he called it a "Sleeping Giant!"

All in all, Miami desperately needed Enos, but I would argue that Enos also needed Miami. Here's to hoping that this marriage is more like Mike and Ike, than Ike and Tina!

Great thoughts @reg , I too believe it will be a harmonious marriage for Enos and Miami, that both will lift each other up, and compliment the other by what we do offensively. Enos has a big ego, he wouldn’t be a successful OC and previous HC if he didn’t. But I don’t see said ego getting in the way of him making changes and adjustments to fine tune the offense around the skill players we have going into the season. I just feel he strongly believes in his convictions and abilities, as a great OC should.

I LOVE ENOS!!!

His wife loves Miami and hated Tuscaloosa. It’s as simple as that.

Jeff Thomas should get 10 touches each game. If you're truly about tailoring your offense around the players then you better make JT4 the centerpiece.

Ok I'm sold...

“I saw glimpses of him being a guy that can be a game changer,” Enos said. “He needs to get 10 touches a game somehow, someway. We need to give him the ball in space.”

So apparently Georgia expressed interest in Enos before pursuing Briles. I'm sure that will in no way sway the opinion of those here who believe Briles is the best OC to walk a gridiron.

Advertisement
Back