Dan Enos by the Numbers

You just typed me a bible but I’m melting down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I see why your wife left you. Whew

Hey man I’m always here for a cane fan in need....

Oh btw... check your PMs. As per your request I researched and sent u a list of psychiatrists specializing in helping overly sensitive, emotional dudes.

You’re welcome

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Advertisement
I also was surprised at how bad Enos’ numbers were as HC at CMU and not especially good at Arkansas. But the two things that stick out:

1) His best season at Arkansas in 2015 was maybe the only season he’s had a legitimate RB over that entire span. They finished 26th nationally in ypc in 2015 with Alex Collins, and with a strong running game they finished 2nd in scoring offense in the SEC in 2015 (despite averaging bottom 5 recruiting classes in the SEC for the four years prior). My thinking here is he will have better RBs at Miami than he had at Arkansas and CMU, probably more in line with Alex Collins talent.

2) His track record developing QBs is unquestionable. Both QBs at CMU - Radcliff and Rush - developed into solid, efficient QBs in his time there. His development with Brandon Allen at Arkansas was incredible - going from 61st nationally in QB rating to 5th in his first year under Enos. And Tua and Jalen Hurts obviously looked very good last year. The problem with our offense is clear: QB. If Enos comes in and develops the QB and passing game, that’s 90% of the battle in my eyes.

If you piece those two things together, it’s hard to imagine our offense not taking a huge step this year.

I get the concern looking @Tee3000 post.

If he sucks it will be business as usual being a Cane fan.

I'm holding out until i see the product on the field. We don't play a stellar schedule. So if he can produce an offense with life. I'll take that for now.

The Big Ten West is coaches better, but talent wise the Coastal is ahead of it by a mile.
The West just doesn’t have much of a recruiting base. Too far away from Cali, Texas, and the South.

Just go look at when Duke has played Northwestern the last couple seasons. They just dominate them and Duke at best has middle of the road southern talent.

Wisconsin beat us the last 2 times they played us. Northwestern also lost to Akron last year right after Duke. Northwestern got a lot better by the end of the season. Purdue destroyed Boston College last year who beat Miami and Va Tech. Iowa is always very solid. Nebraska is on the up and up with frost. Minnesota spanked GT and Illinois would probably beat UNC.

Enos will make our QBs better. He will use our TEs and will use motion. These are all things that we lacked under Richt. Enos will do well here. Wouldnt surprise me if he gets another HC gig 2-3 years. Only concern is OL.

Look, coach richt wasnt perfect, but dont spread lies and post propaganda on that man, njoku became a 1st round pick under coach richt and in his offense, herdon became a 4th round pick and all acc type of player and brevin jordan was a freshman all everything under and in coach richt's offense, if coach enos tops that, i'd be impress. Also, motion can be good at times and bad alot of times, alot of motion offenses nullify alot of big plays by having players moving at the same time. Also sweeps behind the line of scrimmage can get blown up, or turn-overs happening. Also, until coach enos coaches up 2 heisman qb's, he not getting the nod over coach richt in that dept. for some reason you want to annoint him already!

Advertisement
I get the concern looking @Tee3000 post.

If he sucks it will be business as usual being a Cane fan.

I'm holding out until i see the product on the field. We don't play a stellar schedule. So if he can produce an offense with life. I'll take that for now.

That’s all I’m saying. Much respect

I also was surprised at how bad Enos’ numbers were as HC at CMU and not especially good at Arkansas. But the two things that stick out:

1) His best season at Arkansas in 2015 was maybe the only season he’s had a legitimate RB over that entire span. They finished 26th nationally in ypc in 2015 with Alex Collins, and with a strong running game they finished 2nd in scoring offense in the SEC in 2015 (despite averaging bottom 5 recruiting classes in the SEC for the four years prior). My thinking here is he will have better RBs at Miami than he had at Arkansas and CMU, probably more in line with Alex Collins talent.

2) His track record developing QBs is unquestionable. Both QBs at CMU - Radcliff and Rush - developed into solid, efficient QBs in his time there. His development with Brandon Allen at Arkansas was incredible - going from 61st nationally in QB rating to 5th in his first year under Enos. And Tua and Jalen Hurts obviously looked very good last year. The problem with our offense is clear: QB. If Enos comes in and develops the QB and passing game, that’s 90% of the battle in my eyes.

If you piece those two things together, it’s hard to imagine our offense not taking a huge step this year.

Great post & I do expect a huge leap fwd. I’m not down on coach at all.

Hey man I’m always here for a cane fan in need....

Oh btw... check your PMs. As per your request I researched and sent u a list of psychiatrists specializing in helping overly sensitive, emotional dudes.

You’re welcome

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

You’re insane but I like your style though.

Advertisement
Are you really taking up for another man in the presence of men? You dudes are so weird.

Then again you are the guy who really thinks the Arky offense was good with them being ranked 34 in S&P yet these raw numbers: 2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45) mean nothing right? When one combines that with their 4-8 overall record & firing their HC proves you are clueless.

Bruh, you can't just run to stats. Cole Kelly isn't an SEC quarterback. You have to watch the games to get a better idea of a play caller. Chad Morris was 2-10 with Arkansas this year with Cole Kelly and Ty Storey playing quarterback. Both guys have left the program. This is the same Chad Morris who had Clemson offense on fire when had Sammy Watkins and Tahj Boyd.

Dan Enos offensive rankings

Central Michigan

2010: Total Offense = 50, Scoring = 82, Rushing = 108, Passing = 17, 33 sacks given up (ranked 97), 3rd down conv =37% (ranked 81)
2011: Total Offense = 57, Scoring = 92, Rushing = 98, Passing = 25, 17 sacks given up (ranked 37), 3rd down conv =35% (ranked 104)
2012: Total Offense = 63, Scoring = 63, Rushing = 72, Passing = 51, 15 sacks given up (ranked 17), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 72)
2013: Total Offense = 108, Scoring = 95, Rushing = 99, Passing = 84, 31 sacks given up (ranked 99), 3rd down conv =30% (ranked 114)
2014: Total Offense = 67, Scoring = 79, Rushing = 74, Passing = 52, 28 sacks given up (ranked 70), 3rd down conv =43% (ranked 35)

Arkansas
2015: Total Offense = 29, Scoring = 27, Rushing = 34, Passing = 32, 14 sacks given up (ranked 9th), 3rd down conv =46% (ranked 15)
2016: Total Offense = 54, Scoring = 57, Rushing = 78, Passing = 32, 35 sacks given up (ranked 103), 3rd down conv =39% (ranked 70)
2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45)

Averages
Total Offense = 65th, Scoring = 69th, Rushing = 78th, Passing = 47th, 26 sacks given up (68th), 3rd down conv =38% (67th)
I think if you go back and look into these number Enos was the Head coach and not the OC.........2010 -2014.......

Advertisement
Bruh, you can't just run to stats. Cole Kelly isn't an SEC quarterback. You have to watch the games to get a better idea of a play caller. Chad Morris was 2-10 with Arkansas this year with Cole Kelly and Ty Storey playing quarterback. Both guys have left the program. This is the same Chad Morris who had Clemson offense on fire when had Sammy Watkins and Tahj Boyd.

I can respect that bro...I’m not just a stat guy but I just wanted to put the raw numbers out there.

I think if you go back and look into these number Enos was the Head coach and not the OC.........2010 -2014.......

That’s a good point..can’t deny that but that was his offense. I haven’t looked into that part of it though

Last edited:
Great post & you know football. Once a coach is able to be scouted & broken then imho that’s how you truly measure their impact/worth so I don’t much stock into year 1...it’s the following years when teams have had a chance to break your entire offense down.,

@craval85 see these are the type of discussions that you can’t have.

1st you cherrypick stats in order to fit the narrative that Enos was an underwhelming hire or to prove that he's not that great of an offensive mind. Then you attempt to form a relationship between those cherrypicked stats, coaching experience & opponent familiarity as a way to evaluate/assess coaching ability. With every additional post, this forum and thread specifically fall further into the abyss. Congratulations...👏

correlation
≠ causation..dummy!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Agreed on taking a big step until you witness that complete and utter catastrophe known as our offensive line. QB play and the offense in general should certainly still improve, but no huge steps are being taken until we can actually block somebody. At this point this line might be the unimaginable, which is worse than last year.

Agreed on taking a big step until you witness that complete and utter catastrophe known as our offensive line. QB play and the offense in general should certainly still improve, but no huge steps are being taken until we can actually block somebody. At this point this line might be the unimaginable, which is worse than last year.

Look at this imbecile..constantly stating the obvious. As if saying something enough times will make everyone on this forum believe you're actually bringing something novel or insightful to the discussion. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Look at this imbecile..constantly stating the obvious. As if saying something enough times will make everyone on this forum believe you're actually bringing something novel or insightful to the discussion. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
Notice how you have put clapping hands or laughing emojis for yourself at the end of your statements? Incredible how proud you are of yourself for being a keyboard gangster.

Advertisement
Back