Dan Enos by the Numbers

Advertisement
If Saban had yawned and helped Enos pack on his way out like Jimbo did with James Coley after we hired him..I would be nervous. But all reports are saying Saban was ****ed and didn't want Enos to go and wanted him to be the OC. I don't know about all the past numbers he put up but Saban knows something we don't (maybe this guy is the next big thing) and that's good enough for me.

Advertisement
Kosi/Jarren = Bobby Petrino at WKU and Ark.
Tate = Bobby Petrino at Louisville with LJ8.

Thats what our offense will look like. A lot of the same plays ran out of a **** load of formations with a ton of pre snap motion.

Edit: I wouldn't look too close into those numbers. None of those teams had near as much talent as Miami does.
Oh the we have talent... heard that for past 15 years. This fan base always thinks we have the best of best. I have seen us get our **** kicked in by far less talented teams and can’t always blame coach. Just don’t oversell talent.

Let it go man. I know it’s hard for sensitive people like you, but Try no let yourself get so invested in the opinions of people you don’t know.

From the guy calling folks idiots. LMFAO @ the irony here. Son your above the fray role play doesn’t work here..you’re a clown.

From the guy calling folks idiots. LMFAO @ the irony here. Son your above the fray role play doesn’t work here..you’re a clown.

Above the fray? Nah. I just feel sorry for ya... And I feel horrible that I hurt your feelings. I
Gotta remember that some dudes here are more sensitive than the rest.

Advertisement
It also helps that our defense feasts on some of the worst offenses in the nation here in the Coastal and it seems like every time we step up against equal talent...his defense gets handed to him
This "the ACC Coastal is the worst Power 5 division" argument needs to die. It's middle of the road, at worst. We SHOULD win it every ******* year because we're Miami, but it's not a cupcake schedule filled with Mary's School for the Blind and Savannah St.

Tell Enos to get us to 28+ and we're skraight

Absolutely no reason not to average 28 this season if we have a little bit above average QB play. Those #'s from the past don't really matter with the bum teams he was coaching. You think if he was coaching AL this year he wouldn't have had them in the top 5? Of course he would have. Other than the first game if we have good QB play we should average 28.

Wow if he could field the 65th best offense in the nation at Bama. Just wait until he gets to a school with a real football pedigree and has access to Florida athletes. The man is going to field the number 1 offense in country for the next 15 years!

Advertisement
This "the ACC Coastal is the worst Power 5 division" argument needs to die. It's middle of the road, at worst. We SHOULD win it every ******* year because we're Miami, but it's not a cupcake schedule filled with Mary's School for the Blind and Savannah St.

Both SEC divisions are way better, The B1G east is way better. The B1G west is better. The The Atlantic is a lot better. The Pac 12 north is a lot better. Pac 12 south is a toss up with the edge going to the Pac since USC is down and Miami is on the up and up. The Big12 as a whole is better than the Coastal.

Absolutely no reason not to average 28 this season if we have a little bit above average QB play. Those #'s from the past don't really matter with the bum teams he was coaching. You think if he was coaching AL this year he wouldn't have had them in the top 5? Of course he would have. Other than the first game if we have good QB play we should average 28.

Yeah I think he gets us to 28+. I can tell he has a great offensive mind but I want to see how Enos looks as a playcaller. Manny said he wanted an aggressive offense so hopefully Enos calls plays that way.

As for Florida, I don't think they're as good as team as everyone else does. They have 1 dawg on their team and that's #5, we have a team full of dawgs. We'll defeat them mentally before the ball is even snapped.

If Enos can improve our QB completion percentage 8-10 points and call plays that keeps the defense guessing thus helping our OL (blocking scheme, running game, etc.), I believe we can be a top 50 offense easily.

At this point, I haven't seen or heard anything from him that leads me to believe he can't accomplish this.

I do find it interesting he has the QB's working a lot under center. Is this to teach them how to do it because none of the QB's have a lot of experience doing it or is it a big part of his system?

Advertisement
To all the morons on this forum who overemphasize stats - "Men lie, Women lie, and numbers do too"

If the only thing worth considering when making a hiring decision was stats, then any one of the simpletons on this forum could perform that job. The truth is theres a variety of factors/variables that goes into making a hiring decision, and many of those are unmeasurable/subjective.

I would be curious how first time coordinators everywhere do their first year versus how they do down the road.

That first year you have the advantage as your conference opponents don't know what you're going to do. The reverse is true, you know what those established coaches are going to do, you have film and can gameplan accordingly.

That is what makes conference play tough. You play these teams yearly and get a sense of what to expect. So being new on the secene should net better results. Obviously not all of the time, but I bet the stats would generally play out that way.

Advertisement
Back