Damon Arnette

Albe305

Freshman
Great size and good measurable's coming out of STA in 2015.. Why didn't UM offer again? Missed like this can't happen if they plan on returning to greatness

In 2015 they went to Alabama for MJ and took a 2* Terrance Henley along with Redwine

Advertisement
Great size and good measurable's coming out of STA in 2015.. Why didn't UM offer again? Missed like this can't happen if they plan on returning to greatness

In 2015 they went to Alabama for MJ and took a 2* Terrance Henley along with Redwine

Hindsight is always 100 %; easy to be critical after-the-fact if the kid turns out to be a player.
Some work out and some don't; that's part of recruiting.

Dont recall if he was or wasnt offered.
Regardless, Arnette was a 3 star recruit ranked as the No. 647 prospect in the country, the No. 84 player from the state of Florida and the No. 60 cornerback.

You mention MJ and Redwine but forgot to include that they were both 3 stars or 4 stars {think Jackson was a 4 star in some rankings].
Then you mention Henley (who had some serious speed from what I recall ) and remembered to nclude that he was a 2 star.

As we know Jackson and Rediwne were 4th and 5th round picks.
So, 2 of our 3 recutis that played CB were drafted and are still playing in the NFL; Not Bad.

Coach Dino and his "eVaLz"

Although we probably would have lost him once Ohio State offered due to his relationship with Cris Carter & family ties to Ohio

Advertisement
Would he have been developed into a 1st round pick had he came here?

He certainly wasn't a 1st rounder coming out of HS, so what happened from the day he set foot on campus up in Columbus to the day he decided to declare?

That's the difference. It's not just that we missed on another 1st round player, it's that who we took in place of them didn't play at an equal or similar level.

It shouldn't really matter who you take over another prospect in any given class, if you have the correct system in place & know how to correctly develop players the ones you get will maximize their ability & still play themselves into a good draft grade.

This isn't an indictment of a miss eval, it's an indictment of the fact players come here & regress or peak & don't play above mediocrity. TCU had 2 first round picks, despite not having a winning season since 2017. What does that tell you about their program?

I'm not sure how under the radar you are when Ohio State offers you in June. Henley was never above a G5 player.
Arnette wasn’t a top 50 in Florida that class. Wasn’t ranked in top 50 at his position🤷🏾‍♂️ He had a offer list tho..hindsight is always 100%

Advertisement
Would he have been developed into a 1st round pick had he came here?

He certainly wasn't a 1st rounder coming out of HS, so what happened from the day he set foot on campus up in Columbus to the day he decided to declare?

That's the difference. It's not just that we missed on another 1st round player, it's that who we took in place of them didn't play at an equal or similar level.
He redshirted at OSU and stuck with it there. That’s a credit to the kid..definitely benefits playing in that secondary with that talent..if u got the goods the NFL will find u. I think we definitely could’ve developed him here alsi

Arnette wasn’t a top 50 in Florida that class. Wasn’t ranked in top 50 at his position🤷🏾‍♂️ He had a offer list tho..hindsight is always 100%

I get it, but he was getting committable offers from legit top schools (Ohio State, Michigan) v early in the process. Was underrated by the trash services, but was being recruited correctly. Miami not getting involved is typical of the program, tbh. Some MF'rs here have thought they were the smartest guy in the room.

I get it, but he was getting committable offers from legit top schools (Ohio State, Michigan) v early in the process. Was underrated by the trash services, but was being recruited correctly. Miami not getting involved is typical of the program, tbh. Some MF'rs here have thought they were the smartest guy in the room.
Was that Paul Williams last class he evaluated?

Advertisement
D$ says it was a D'Onofrio thing...but it was probs Paul Williams, too. Man, we have some f'n BUSTAS on the sideline here.
lol. Still wondering who was infamous prospect they were Evaluating in that YouTube raising canes clip

I've been told by many on this forum that Rump could really coach tho. We can forgive his trash *** recruiting for his high quality ability to COACH'EM UP.

You telling me otherwise, pal?
Lol... I'm not walking into that Hornet's nest.

My general overall point wasn't specific to CB, it's applicable to any & every position.

Our highest ranked players come here & don't get developed, regardless of staff or position group.

A regular run of the mill 3-star from STA that signs with Miami is not getting drafted in the 1st round after playing 4 years for any of the staffs we've had here recently.

Arnette was a miss because he's another South Fla player that we didn't get who turned out to play well, but the point is, had he come here I'm about 97% certain he wouldn't have ended up a 1st round pick, at best if he got drafted he would've been a 4-6th rounder at his apex.

And guess what was an issue with him in his draft evaluation... Character concerns. Which means, he would've came to Miami under our porous Head Coaching leadership & been a problem in the locker room & everyone on here would be harping about how it's addition by subtraction that he's gone & we need to stop recruiting knuckleheads lol.

He's a 1st rounder because he went to a NFL factory program that has a professional like structure in place with strong leaders at the top that can take a sketchy kid with character concerns & turn him into a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
That **** was recruiting and coaching like this!

1588194581208.png

Advertisement
Back