Damon Arnette

he was the Robert Knowles of their secondary and literally tried to enter the draft LAST YEAR....didnt even do school and was already headed to a training facility in texas (not sure how he still was allowed to play since those are paid for by AGENTS)
Until Cris Carter basically called him "sorry" and told him he wasnt ready for the nfl, and he came back. Had he came to UM he wouldve just entered the draft. We cant get ANYONE to return for their sr year. Got **** Bandy was leaving at 5'5 with 1 eye and a peg leg knowing he isnt getting drafted.
https://theathletic.com/1153410/201...hat-brought-damon-arnette-back-to-ohio-state/

- I was one of those saying we shouldve offered when he was at STA. He had the prerequisite size needed.

I'm glad it worked out for him though...he likely was already gifted some dough from agents and then got to play another season and he boosted up his draft stock.

Advertisement
he was the Robert Knowles of their secondary and literally tried to enter the draft LAST YEAR....didnt even do school and was already headed to a training facility in texas (not sure how he still was allowed to play since those are paid for by AGENTS)
Until Cris Carter basically called him "sorry" and told him he wasnt ready for the nfl, and he came back. Had he came to UM he wouldve just entered the draft. We cant get ANYONE to return for their sr year. Got **** Bandy was leaving at 5'5 with 1 eye and a peg leg knowing he isnt getting drafted.
https://theathletic.com/1153410/201...hat-brought-damon-arnette-back-to-ohio-state/

- I was one of those saying we shouldve offered when he was at STA. He had the prerequisite size needed.

I'm glad it worked out for him though...he likely was already gifted some dough from agents and then got to play another season and he boosted up his draft stock.
We are NFLU. He would of left after year 3 to be a UDFA..

I get it, but he was getting committable offers from legit top schools (Ohio State, Michigan) v early in the process. Was underrated by the trash services, but was being recruited correctly. Miami not getting involved is typical of the program, tbh. Some MF'rs here have thought they were the smartest guy in the room.

Exactly.

When OSU is recruiting you and we aren't, that's a big problem. By the same token, if I OSU is recruiting someone, that's an uphill battle we're fighting and one we're likely to lose. Going hard that year would have likely netted the same results.

IT'S A COLLEGE COACH'S JOB TO HAVE FORESIGHT.
That's part of the evaluation process.

Arnette didn't just magically turn into an NFL player. I guarantee he had some serious P5/NFL attributes/tools in high school. A college coach has to be able to project those things.

If Golden/D'Onofrio had a freakin' clue we could've had Damon Arnette and Fabian Moreau manning our Corner positions for 3/4 years.
Two big a$$ Corners that can run. Instead of we went for guys like Ryan Mayes, Nigel Bethel, Dennis Turner, etc. Guys with mediocre attributes and mediocre offers to go with it.

EVALUATIONS!

Last edited:
Advertisement
IT'S A COLLEGE COACH'S JOB TO HAVE HINDSIGHT.
That's part of the evaluation process.

Arnette didn't just magically turn into an NFL player. I guarantee he had some serious P5/NFL attributes/tools in high school. A college coach has to be able to project those things.

If Golden/D'Onofrio had a freakin' clue we could've had Damon Arnette and Fabian Moreau manning our Corner positions for 3/4 years.
Two big a$$ Corners that can run. Instead of we went for guys like Ryan Mayes, Nigel Bethel, Dennis Turner, etc. Guys with mediocre attributes and mediocre offers to go with it.

EVALUATIONS!

I think you mean foresight?

Advertisement
Back