Damarius Good

My probably with the Good take is this. We took his commitment before we even knew where we stood with Prospects like Davis, Elam, and Dent. Now if we pull his offer for a higher rated kid it's a lose lose situation for Miami all around.
Well lake brantley is not really a feeder school so it wouldn't be as bad as pulling an offer from a central or NW kid

Advertisement
My probably with the Good take is this. We took his commitment before we even knew where we stood with Prospects like Davis, Elam, and Dent. Now if we pull his offer for a higher rated kid it's a lose lose situation for Miami all around.
Thats assuming we even have a shot at those prospects to close...

Elam I dont even consider...

Dent seems to be bags...

Davis I havent even thought about..

Thats assuming we even have a shot at those prospects to close...

Elam I dont even consider...

Dent seems to be bags...

Davis I havent even thought about..

Idk I think Dent is going to give us a shot. He was here the last 2 games. And the last 1 he was the first recruit to show up per Ivins. Also Mom and his GF want him at Miami.

Elam coming to the FSU game was a surprise and shouldn't look at anything less.

And Davis hasn't missed a game all season.

I cannot EVER disagree with that. We don't have enough good-great special teams players

If Rumph likes what he sees then why doubt it? The proof is in what he's produced as a coach here, & that's all I need. If he wants Good, I want Good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chise my brother...listen to me please....the kid is the 4th leading rusher on his high school team this year. He is not even the leading rusher in terms of carries by a wide margin(he is 2nd in yards currently and 2nd in TD's)...a sophomore is the current leading rusher and this is after his junior year in which he shared carries with 4 seniors so coming into his senior year...you would expect for him to be the man...he still isn't.

Currently he has 1 tackle in 2 years of high shool varsity football. I just don't see it. We shunned away real good DB's who play the position down in and down out for a kid we are going to have to teach how to back pedal...

I just don't see it....

I agree the kid is a touch of a gamble. But at least get his stats right.

He is the 2nd leading rusher ( yards ) on the team not 4th. He averages 9.7 yards per carry ( leads team ). He has 40 less touches then the leading rusher.

He is the 2nd leading receiver which isn’t saying alot they don’t pass much.

Leads the team in kickoff return yardage ( averages 34.5 a touch ) and leads the team in punt return yardage.

He also is 2nd on the team in scoring.

I agree the kid is a touch of a gamble. But at least get his stats right.

He is the 2nd leading rusher ( yards ) on the team not 4th. He averages 9.7 yards per carry ( leads team ). He has 40 less touches then the leading rusher.

He is the 2nd leading receiver which isn’t saying alot they don’t pass much.

Leads the team in kickoff return yardage ( averages 34.5 a touch ) and leads the team in punt return yardage.

He also is 2nd on the team in scoring.

Do you know how to read bc what you wrote I CLEARLY stated in the comment you highlighted.

“He is not even the leading rusher in terms of carries by a wide margin(he is 2nd in yards currently and 2nd in TD's)”.

I mean it’s clear as day I wrote that.

If Rumph likes what he sees then why doubt it? The proof is in what he's produced as a coach here, & that's all I need. If he wants Good, I want Good.

You & I are two different people. What’s good for you isn’t necessarily what’s good for me & im ok with that.

Sometimes coaching even the best can’t get a player to get comfortable in a position. Look at Jamal Carter, people anointed him the next great safety at Miami based off punt return film. He was a great athlete but not a great DB. Good is an athlete for sure but he is raw and not developing doesn’t necessarily make the coaching trash and I’m constantly critical of Rumph.
Didn’t Carter wind up being a starter in the NFL before he got hurt? Denver absolutely loves him.

Advertisement
Do you know how to read bc what you wrote I CLEARLY stated in the comment you highlighted.

“He is not even the leading rusher in terms of carries by a wide margin(he is 2nd in yards currently and 2nd in TD's)”.

I mean it’s clear as day I wrote that.

Who was the leading rusher in the NFL in 2017? Just answer it one name .

Chise my brother...listen to me please....the kid is the 4th leading rusher on his high school team this year. He is not even the leading rusher in terms of carries by a wide margin(he is 2nd in yards currently and 2nd in TD's)...a sophomore is the current leading rusher and this is after his junior year in which he shared carries with 4 seniors so coming into his senior year...you would expect for him to be the man...he still isn't.

Currently he has 1 tackle in 2 years of high shool varsity football. I just don't see it. We shunned away real good DB's who play the position down in and down out for a kid we are going to have to teach how to back pedal...

I just don't see it....
My young brother, we see this one differently. I’m not sure he’ll be a star here, but if we can’t take a kid with his speed, size and toughness and get something exceptional out of him then our DB coaches are weak.

Instead of looking at him not being the leading rusher on his team, I look more at yards per carry. To me, ypc is a better indicator of star potential than being a starter or not. At 10 ypc that’s elite play making.

Yearby started over Cook at Central and probably got more carries, but Cook was clearly the better prospect.

I think you have a dog in the fight so I definitely understand you being much higher on your guy.

I thought i read he came to paradise camp and didnt look out of place didnt wow anybody but did well for someone who didnt have that much experience

My young brother, we see this one differently. I’m not sure he’ll be a star here, but if we can’t take a kid with his speed, size and toughness and get something exceptional out of him then our DB coaches are weak.

Instead of looking at him not being the leading rusher on his team, I look more at yards per carry. To me, ypc is a better indicator of star potential than being a starter or not. At 10 ypc that’s elite play making.

Yearby started over Cook at Central and probably got more carries, but Cook was clearly the better prospect.

I think you have a dog in the fight so I definitely understand you being much higher on your guy.

And maybe his coach is just a pure moron?

Advertisement
I'm more worried about Brownlee jumping ship for uF that kid is clamps, Bandy has shown me 5'8-5'10 corners are no slouch and we need Brownlee and Couch IMO

I can respect that fully big bro

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back