2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes B does not look the part. They are working him in the rotation the correct way for a guy who is undersized and a TF. He's going to continue to get more PT as the season goes but he won't be able to hold up as a starter for a whole season.
Exactly! Wes is not there physical yet to start. They are bringing him on and I like the pace they are doing in.

Advertisement
Wes B does not look the part. They are working him in the rotation the correct way for a guy who is undersized and a TF. He's going to continue to get more PT as the season goes but he won't be able to hold up as a starter for a whole season.
Wes B is long, quick, and fast. MC said he was up to 220. How big does he need to be to play over a 5'7 215 pound MLB that has the sideline to sideline speed of a D3 player?

Flagg is a nice kid and plays hard, but no way is he an elite Power 5 MLB.

As long as he is on the field you know we are cooked.
I don't understand how he is playing over Johnson

Although I did see Johnson make a bad play (can't remember what it was) vs. VT. He just looks so much more fluid than Flagg to me, even if he is no world beater himself.

Flagg can be a blitzed hat is about it. He is exposed so many times sideline to sideline or in coverage. Looks stuck in quick sand. Better than B.Jennigns yes? Below average, definitely yes.

I don't understand how he is playing over Johnson

Although I did see Johnson make a bad play (can't remember what it was) vs. VT. He just looks so much more fluid than Flagg to me, even if he is no world beater himself.

Flagg can be a blitzed hat is about it. He is exposed so many times sideline to sideline or in coverage. Looks stuck in quick sand. Better than B.Jennigns yes? Below average, definitely yes.
Flagg has looked a lot better than Johnson this year.

Steed plays over Wes B...not sure why Flagg keeps being brought up but hey....keep beating the dead horse. Flagg has been a solid player this year for us and last year i killed him. Kid has a lot of tfl's and good bit of sacks

Advertisement
Flagg has looked a lot better than Johnson this year.

Steed plays over Wes B...not sure why Flagg keeps being brought up but hey....keep beating the dead horse. Flagg has been a solid player this year for us and last year i killed him. Kid has a lot of tfl's and good bit of sacks
Agree on Steed

Disagree on Flagg

Getting a tackle for loss or a clear shot at QB is more of a scheme result...Someone has to get the stats. Especially against weak schedule for a team that has good defensive tackle play, which we do... As a blitzed or gap shooter, he does a pretty good (not great but good enough job) and I will agree with you that it's not a lock Johnson is better, but just moving in space he looks much more agile, looser in the hips \ to me.

Flagg is outran constantly and has no prayer in space.

Last edited:
Wes B is long, quick, and fast. MC said he was up to 220. How big does he need to be to play over a 5'7 215 pound MLB that has the sideline to sideline speed of a D3 player?
That puts him 20 pounds heavier than the pencil USC is starting at middle backer that many on here were screaming for in the portal.

I get that a player needs to be physically and mentally ready. That said, that readiness can vary significantly by player. Theres no minimum weight requirement to be a linebacker.

Advertisement
Does anyone remember what a true Miami Mike looks like?

Ray Lewis
Mike Barrow
Dan Morgan
Nate Webster
Jon Vilma
Denzel Perryman
**** Colin McCarthy

Our standards have been lowered so far that we are okay with a midget that is slow that is a good blitzer which is where most of his TFLs happen.

What people don’t realize when they blame players, is that they’re essentially saying the Coaches have very little impact on the game.

Because if a Coach can only be successful when he’s just coaching elite 5-star talent, then that means he’s actually useless, because it’s not him, it’s the players that’s responsible for their success.

So in that instance, blaming the players, is really saying the coaches aren’t that good to begin with.
That, and/or a coach who recruits based off bad evals and traits.

If you recruit a 6’3”, 230 lb linebacker out of high school who ran a 4.5 but showed no effort in school and had bad relationships with his HS teammates, is it a shock when he shows no effort in practice or film study and therefore doesn’t improve to get on the field?

Not disagreeing btw, but adding a reason that I think goes unnoticed, especially with the last staph.

Wes doesn't play MLB so stop comparing him to Flagg.
Can he play there eventually?.That's where we really need him.Dan Morgan started here on the outside before eventually moving inside.

Advertisement
Can he play there eventually?.That's where we really need him.Dan Morgan started here on the outside before eventually moving inside.

He's going to be a good player there for the next 2-3 years. Just let him play and learn one position.

Advertisement
Agree on Steed

Disagree on Flagg

Getting a tackle for loss or a clear shot at QB is more of a scheme result...Someone has to get the stats. Especially against weak schedule for a team that has good defensive tackle play, which we do... As a blitzed or gap shooter, he does a pretty good (not great but good enough job) and I will agree with you that it's not lock Johnson is better, but just moving in space he looks much more agile to me.

Flagg is outran constantly and has no prayer in space.
Flagg isnt an All Acc caliber LB but hes absolutely playing better than what is being reported on here by posters. Mario has already proven he will play the guys who make plays. (Colbie Young basically turning into our #1 WR overnight) So if the LBs behind Flagg were better, I think Mario would be playing them.

Does anyone remember what a true Miami Mike looks like?

Ray Lewis
Mike Barrow
Dan Morgan
Nate Webster
Jon Vilma
Denzel Perryman
**** Colin McCarthy

Our standards have been lowered so far that we are okay with a midget that is slow that is a good blitzer which is where most of his TFLs happen.
If there were anyone behind him better, Mario would be playing him. (Insert Colbie Young going from not getting any PT at all to being our #1 WR now.) You guys gotta pick and choose your battles better than this. Mario has proven that at this stage of the season where we are on the ropes, he isnt going to play a kid just because he likes him. Hes going to play the best guy. And play him until he cant go anymore. CYoung is the example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back