Dalvin Cook - new highlights

He should skip his senior year. **** it. He'd be a nice complement with excellent upside...right now.

Lu I see you coming around heh, had this kid as #2 behind Collins this year for a reason. Might move him up as he plays every phase of the game and makes play. Best part about it those highlights only have like 5 games (BTW, Columbus, CC, NW, I think NMB) He has been doing it ALL year on, offense, defense and Special teams. Kid is an athlete and Special talent. His height is legit, he has great size and just speed he is faster than Duke. But Duke has other attributes that make him special.

Freepawn the thing about his soph year is he barely played, Central rode Yearby hard, I dont know the numbers but I wouldnt be surprised if he was close to triple the carries of Cook. The worst part he would stand on the sideline 90% of the game (Dam shame and why I was ll for him transferring), only came in when Yearby needed a blow. Still got a thousand yards but as a soph he needed the experience of playing varsity ball, to their credit this year he is on the field alot more and he is producing accordingly. They use him in slot, defense, so he has the chance to show more. This is just half his highlights really. But still good stuff

Also will repeat these last 3-4 year window in south florida is special time and last was like this in 1998-2001 with the amount of super talent like this. Just at the runningback position is just a amazing moment in time with duke/collins/yearby/cook/sony/scarlett. Enjoy it guys, get to a game or two because you wont get a chance to see special backs like this every year atleast not that amount. maybe once every 5-10 years.

He still doesn't seem like a natural RB to me, but that doesn't matter. There are tons of athletes playing RB these days. He doesn't use his hands well and he's just raw with his movements amongst defenders. Either way, there are so many things you can do with an athlete/RB like this that it doesn't matter. Take him now.

Advertisement
Cook reminds me athletically of Laveranues Coles, who was outstanding at RB in high school.

I'll take Cook over Collins. Collins should be a super star against the competition he plays.

I'll take Cook over Collins. Collins should be a super star against the competition he plays.

Lol, have you seen the guys Colliins plays with? Why take one over the other anyway, they are different classes. We NEED a back on campus next year desperately. Collins is in our backyard, hopefully the staff can reel him in. If not we have to try all year again to try and reel in cook and sony.

Oh and Collins is a superstar. Unless you just tell yourself he isnt.

Advertisement
I don't get why some people are trying to discredit Collins now.

People's reaction when someone switches for whatever reason. He quickly went from a Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson hybrid, to an obese, pigeon-toed, legally blind slob with asthma.

He should skip his senior year. **** it. He'd be a nice complement with excellent upside...right now.

Lu I see you coming around heh, had this kid as #2 behind Collins this year for a reason. Might move him up as he plays every phase of the game and makes play. Best part about it those highlights only have like 5 games (BTW, Columbus, CC, NW, I think NMB) He has been doing it ALL year on, offense, defense and Special teams. Kid is an athlete and Special talent. His height is legit, he has great size and just speed he is faster than Duke. But Duke has other attributes that make him special.

Freepawn the thing about his soph year is he barely played, Central rode Yearby hard, I dont know the numbers but I wouldnt be surprised if he was close to triple the carries of Cook. The worst part he would stand on the sideline 90% of the game (Dam shame and why I was ll for him transferring), only came in when Yearby needed a blow. Still got a thousand yards but as a soph he needed the experience of playing varsity ball, to their credit this year he is on the field alot more and he is producing accordingly. They use him in slot, defense, so he has the chance to show more. This is just half his highlights really. But still good stuff

Also will repeat these last 3-4 year window in south florida is special time and last was like this in 1998-2001 with the amount of super talent like this. Just at the runningback position is just a amazing moment in time with duke/collins/yearby/cook/sony/scarlett. Enjoy it guys, get to a game or two because you wont get a chance to see special backs like this every year atleast not that amount. maybe once every 5-10 years.

He still doesn't seem like a natural RB to me, but that doesn't matter. There are tons of athletes playing RB these days. He doesn't use his hands well and he's just raw with his movements amongst defenders. Either way, there are so many things you can do with an athlete/RB like this that it doesn't matter. Take him now.

I can agree with all you said but what do you mean by doesnt use his hands well? Either way a talent that should not leave south florida

I can agree with all you said but what do you mean by doesnt use his hands well? Either way a talent that should not leave south florida

Like Lamar Miller, he doesn't use his hands to ward off oncoming tacklers. It seems to happen quite a bit with guys who are exceptional athletes and try to win on athleticism. As an example of the opposite, Duke Johnson uses his stiff arm and generally his off arm to (1) protect himself from even bigger hits and (2) increase YAC.

Advertisement
I don't get why some people are trying to discredit Collins now.

People's reaction when someone switches for whatever reason. He quickly went from a Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson hybrid, to an obese, pigeon-toed, legally blind slob with asthma.

In my view, he's still the 2nd best player in the state. For his sake, if he doesn't come to miami, he should not end up in FSU's offense.

Like Lamar Miller, he doesn't use his hands to ward off oncoming tacklers. It seems to happen quite a bit with guys who are exceptional athletes and try to win on athleticism. As an example of the opposite, Duke Johnson uses his stiff arm and generally his off arm to (1) protect himself from even bigger hits and (2) increase YAC.

Ohh ok, makes sense. Now that I think about it like Lamar he is one of those guys that seem to just want to get in full stride and they like to get that form and use that free arm to just run. I know the staff tried to get Lamar to use his free arm more but just couldnt get him to do it. Not sure if Cook will ever develop that but I look forward to seeing how big a step he takes his senior year

Guy is a beast. And he is generally a one cut and go runner; translates very well to college. Must get.

Coach Richardson talks about that's the type of back he's looking for. I said this on another site but I wouldn't be surprise if Dalvin is Coach Richardson's type choice over any RB in '14.

Advertisement
Let me tell you this kid is one of the nest RB's I've seen at Central. If I were to name the top 3 greatest RB's from Central it would be in this order. #1 Najeh Davenport.....This was and still til this day the best high school RB I've ever seen play. #2 DaVanta Freeman...he was a beast and ran with aggression. #3 Dalvin Cook......he's simply a game changer

Let me tell you this kid is one of the nest RB's I've seen at Central. If I were to name the top 3 greatest RB's from Central it would be in this order. #1 Najeh Davenport.....This was and still til this day the best high school RB I've ever seen play. #2 DaVanta Freeman...he was a beast and ran with aggression. #3 Dalvin Cook......he's simply a game changer

No mcgahee???

No mcgahee???

Probably excluded Mcgahee because he only played a few games before getting hurt his senior year at Central (he did work in those games though, lol). Also I think he was a transfer from Miami Springs I wanna say so all his prior accolades came in another jersey. Not technically as a rocket

Advertisement

No mcgahee???

Probably excluded Mcgahee because he only played a few games before getting hurt his senior year at Central (he did work in those games though, lol). Also I think he was a transfer from Miami Springs I wanna say so all his prior accolades came in another jersey. Not technically as a rocket

Well not quite. Willis was my teammate on the 99 squad at Central and there was a RB there that was actually better than him by the name of Antwan Lundy. Willis would be in my top 8 and was a **** of a RB but definitely not top 5.

Love this kid's running style. First step is elite, top end is elite. Wish he were coming out this year.

Advertisement
Back