Dalvin Cook - new highlights

I read somewhere that he was not a big fan of this current staff.

I know that may be hearsay, but I think it goes in line with the Central coaching staff being "pro-FSU" (Is that even true???)

Advertisement
He seems to keep alittle "gas in the tank" for when he has to really pull away from someone. That's special kind of speed! Before the season, him and Yearby look very similiar talent-wise. Cook looks like he's blown Yearby by.

he doesn't seem to lose speed in his cuts, he almost seems to accelerate through some of them.. always nice to see Miami get those kinds of playas..

He seems to keep alittle "gas in the tank" for when he has to really pull away from someone. That's special kind of speed! Before the season, him and Yearby look very similiar talent-wise. Cook looks like he's blown Yearby by.

Good point. Comparing Cook´s soph highlights with these, looks like he has really matured physically in the last twelve months. He´s gonna be scary in 2 years.

Advertisement
Cook is the fastest and best back in a straight line that we've recruited (including Duke, Collins, Sony, etc.). Kid has incredible burst from a 2-point stance or initial cut and he's a fairly long strider with elite straight-line speed. He needs to improve his balance and lateral agility and finish his runs better (like Collins does ideally). His big-play potential in an uptempo offense is almost unlimited, and we're trending towards an offense like Clemson's more and more by the week. It's nice to have a personnel-driven offensive staff because they will utilize these unique talents properly.

He should skip his senior year. **** it. He'd be a nice complement with excellent upside...right now.

Lu I see you coming around heh, had this kid as #2 behind Collins this year for a reason. Might move him up as he plays every phase of the game and makes play. Best part about it those highlights only have like 5 games (BTW, Columbus, CC, NW, I think NMB) He has been doing it ALL year on, offense, defense and Special teams. Kid is an athlete and Special talent. His height is legit, he has great size and just speed he is faster than Duke. But Duke has other attributes that make him special.

Freepawn the thing about his soph year is he barely played, Central rode Yearby hard, I dont know the numbers but I wouldnt be surprised if he was close to triple the carries of Cook. The worst part he would stand on the sideline 90% of the game (Dam shame and why I was ll for him transferring), only came in when Yearby needed a blow. Still got a thousand yards but as a soph he needed the experience of playing varsity ball, to their credit this year he is on the field alot more and he is producing accordingly. They use him in slot, defense, so he has the chance to show more. This is just half his highlights really. But still good stuff

Also will repeat these last 3-4 year window in south florida is special time and last was like this in 1998-2001 with the amount of super talent like this. Just at the runningback position is just a amazing moment in time with duke/collins/yearby/cook/sony/scarlett. Enjoy it guys, get to a game or two because you wont get a chance to see special backs like this every year atleast not that amount. maybe once every 5-10 years.

Last edited:
Cook is the fastest and best back in a straight line that we've recruited (including Duke, Collins, Sony, etc.). Kid has incredible burst from a 2-point stance or initial cut and he's a fairly long strider with elite straight-line speed. He needs to improve his balance and lateral agility and finish his runs better (like Collins does ideally). His big-play potential in an uptempo offense is almost unlimited, and we're trending towards an offense like Clemson's more and more by the week. It's nice to have a personnel-driven offensive staff because they will utilize these unique talents properly.

Going by 100m times Sony is faster...by a good margin.

Advertisement
CaneLB

Good observations. Do you think guys have that inate ability to make these changes or there on. Or does coahing improve those defiencies?

1- If you like speed, these are your highlights. Dear lord this guy is fast.
2 - Clip at 2:03 - Cook will have to get used to smaller crowds at Dolphin Stadium if he comes to Miami
3 - Clip at 3:16 - Holy decapitation

I read somewhere that he was not a big fan of this current staff.

I know that may be hearsay, but I think it goes in line with the Central coaching staff being "pro-FSU" (Is that even true???)

his brother burnett signs his LOI 2morrow 4 Da U basketball team.....gots 2 like dat

Advertisement

Going by 100m times Sony is faster...by a good margin.

For sure, but Cook has better game speed by a good margin. Personally I like Sony a good amount more as a player overall.

CaneLB

Good observations. Do you think guys have that inate ability to make these changes or there on. Or does coahing improve those defiencies?

I don't think Cook is as flexible and agile as a Reggie Bush or Duke Johnson but he will definitely learn to run through tackles and push the pile. Lamar Miller was never great at those aspects of the position but he improved every year. I'd expect more of the same from Cook. I love his potential impact in a multi-back system. Cook and Collins would be phenomenal but it's looking unlikely at this point.

Advertisement
He cuts in the hole and bounces it to the outside like Frank Gore, he has a Gore-type burst in the hole also. This kid at 205-210 looks like a 1st rounder.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but if we can't keep kids like Cook or Sony home that says more than anything else about our long term viability.

For me, Duke has the best COD skills I've seen in a long time. His short area burst is ridiculous and his vision is second only to Gore for me. Cook is a bit faster in a straight line for me than Duke, and while I like Sony as a better overall player, the growth that Cook has made in the past two years bodes well for his future.

You get Cook and Sony and you have Duke as a Junior and you have finally stocked that position back to championship levels. Now if they could get the DL to that point we could start to become relevant again.

Advertisement
Back