dalvin cook interview today

but but but!!!

cook isnt committed!! hes clearly the best and MOST important recruit

He is the best at worst 1b to C Thomas. Is he the most important? Absolutely not but he is still important. Best offensive prospect in Dade, and at a position of need. Like everyone has said, DT is numero uno, but we have issues at RB.

RB depth is no doubt an issue but next year we have Duke, Gus, Crawford Yearby. No doubt cook may be an elite talent but RB will be a huge strength next year as long as Duke is healthy.

There will be another Cook in the next cycle to freak out about.

The thing holding us back from playing with the big boys is the front 7 on defense and we have a great class coming in there.

No my friend, there has been a whole lot more than just our front 7 on defense keeping us back from playing with the big boys. Take a look at our offensive outputs against FSU, UF, KState, and ND the last two years. Those were pretty much the marquee games we have played. I guess you could throw in VT also, but bottom line is that we had trouble scoring in most of those games. Also dont take it the wrong way but that statement about a Cook next cycle, drives me crazy. On one hand I believe you are right because Scarlett is a mega stud, but the reality is that there isnt always another Cook the next cycle. We have to land the top local kids, I know I sound like a broken record but it's just the simple truth.

Cook is a luxury not a necessity. So the reason we struggled to score the last 2 years against top teams was because we had Duke as the starter and the year before Duke and Mike James, who was starting in the NFL this year at one point before getting hurt??????

Bicho is here!!!

Oh wait. That's your line.

I mean, you make a fair point.

Advertisement
but but but!!!

cook isnt committed!! hes clearly the best and MOST important recruit

He is the best at worst 1b to C Thomas. Is he the most important? Absolutely not but he is still important. Best offensive prospect in Dade, and at a position of need. Like everyone has said, DT is numero uno, but we have issues at RB.

RB depth is no doubt an issue but next year we have Duke, Gus, Crawford Yearby. No doubt cook may be an elite talent but RB will be a huge strength next year as long as Duke is healthy.

The thing holding us back from playing with the big boys is the front 7 on defense and we have a great class coming in there.

No my friend, there has been a whole lot more than just our front 7 on defense keeping us back from playing with the big boys. Take a look at our offensive outputs against FSU, UF, KState, and ND the last two years. Those were pretty much the marquee games we have played. I guess you could throw in VT also, but bottom line is that we had trouble scoring in most of those games. Also dont take it the wrong way but that statement about a Cook next cycle, drives me crazy. On one hand I believe you are right because Scarlett is a mega stud, but the reality is that there isnt always another Cook the next cycle. We have to land the top local kids, I know I sound like a broken record but it's just the simple truth.

Cook is a luxury not a necessity. So the reason we struggled to score the last 2 years against top teams was because we had Duke as the starter and the year before Duke and Mike James, who was starting in the NFL this year at one point before getting hurt??????

Actually yes, the stats will back it up. in 2012, against KSU, FSU and ND our running game was non-exsistent, and made us one dimensional and forced us to rely on Morris. Dont want to knock Mike James as the kid is a Cane and a great individual but he got the starting position because of injuries. Bottom line is that we arent all that stacked on offense and those results support that statement. One of the positions we lack not only depth but talent is RB. Just because Cook isnt as big of a need like Valentine doesnt mean one shouldnt look at him as a necessity. As far as Im concerned the best offensive player in Dade, is always a necessity and needs to Cane.

Actually yes, the stats will back it up. in 2012, against KSU, FSU and ND our running game was non-exsistent, and made us one dimensional and forced us to rely on Morris. Dont want to knock Mike James as the kid is a Cane and a great individual but he got the starting position because of injuries. Bottom line is that we arent all that stacked on offense and those results support that statement. One of the positions we lack not only depth but talent is RB. Just because Cook isnt as big of a need like Valentine doesnt mean one shouldnt look at him as a necessity. As far as Im concerned the best offensive player in Dade, is always a necessity and needs to Cane.

Bicho is frustrated because you obviously can't overstand his point.

The point is simply that RB is not the problem. Are you saying that we couldn't run vs. those teams because Duke isn't good enough of a RB? Or that is we had cook instead of Duke we would have lit those teams up on the ground?

Advertisement

The point is simply that RB is not the problem. Are you saying that we couldn't run vs. those teams because Duke isn't good enough of a RB? Or that is we had cook instead of Duke we would have lit those teams up on the ground?

Understand your point but different RB's bring different things to the table. If Duke cant run between the tackles against top D;s u throw another elite back to try it a different type of back.
Look at this kid we lost last year and he did it against good ds too.
U mean to tell me this kid wouldnt have helped us last year because of Duke? whoever says that is def retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6HwRsoZMc

I am stating that we need to be stacking talent as a whole. First you contradict yourself by stating that RB depth is infact an issue, but than state it will be a huge strength, which one is it? Anyway then to highlight why missing on Cook isnt such a big deal, you state that what has been keeping us from competing with the big boys is our defensive front 7. I stated that this statement wasnt true at all, and that we have also struggled offensively in our marguee games, which is a fact. We couldnt run the ball in most of those games, once again fact, but dont get it twisted, its more than just that. While our defense needs a way bigger infusion of talent than our offense, that doesnt mean we dont need to upgrade our talent there across the board, and once again I use our offensive output against those said teams as evidence. So all in all if we want to hang with the big boys we need upgrades all over the field, and RB depth is one of those areas. Couple that with Cook being the biggest offense weapon in Dade and at a feeder school, I consider him a necessity.

I am stating that we need to be stacking talent as a whole. First you contradict yourself by stating that RB depth is infact an issue, but than state it will be a huge strength, which one is it? Anyway then to highlight why missing on Cook isnt such a big deal, you state that what has been keeping us from competing with the big boys is our defensive front 7. I stated that this statement wasnt true at all, and that we have also struggled offensively in our marguee games, which is a fact. We couldnt run the ball in most of those games, once again fact, but dont get it twisted, its more than just that. While our defense needs a way bigger infusion of talent than our offense, that doesnt mean we dont need to upgrade our talent there across the board, and once again I use our offensive output against those said teams as evidence. So all in all if we want to hang with the big boys we need upgrades all over the field, and RB depth is one of those areas. Couple that with Cook being the biggest offense weapon in Dade and at a feeder school, I consider him a necessity.

RB depth is an issue but not the reason we couldn't run against elite teams. Duke is a top 5 back in the country. If he can't run its not because of RB talent.

Surely Collins would have helped and that is a miss that will haunt us later on or if Duke gets hurt again.

Understand your point but different RB's bring different things to the table. If Duke cant run between the tackles against top D;s u throw another elite back to try it a different type of back.
U mean to tell me this kid wouldnt have helped us last year because of Duke? whoever says that is def retarded.

ummm did you see our D? i dont think it would have mattered if we had peyton manning, AP, with dre out there on O

Our D sucks cack beyond belief

Advertisement

E.............Z.................

we need to be elite not a good team..........to b elite u gotta recruit the elite boys from the area.

What Bobby is saying is spot on, we need thomas and those guys but they coming so ok they r in the fold. We need Cook.

Also we beat Duke with Collins cmon now, bicho says collins was a miss and so would cook be if Duke and Yearby got hurt. Its about stacking talent and one player can change a game and a previous poster said Dre or those guys wouldnt help? Cmon now Collins would of helped us control the clock vs duke and helped our D and we would have won. Thats 1 game but thats all it takes and thats what elite players can do for a program.

If Cook was from New Jersey I understand the miss but cmon dude lives like ablock away and dont gimee that kids wanna leave ****. U gotta give them the best deal $$$$ and I know its tough for UM to do that with probation coming. Im pretty sure we would land all the kids if the cuffs were off and to me they are not completel off yet till we get by prob.

RB depth is an issue but not the reason we couldn't run against elite teams. Duke is a top 5 back in the country. If he can't run its not because of RB talent.

Surely Collins would have helped and that is a miss that will haunt us later on or if Duke gets hurt again.

Duke wasnt a top 5 back the last 2 years, stop it. Will he be one next year, I think without a doubt. Bottom line is that you must build depth at all positions, so that way you dont rely on one kid who was a frosh and soph the last two years, and was under sized at that. Yeah we got Yearby, but we need more, because RB is a position where players get hurt, and exactly what happened this year. Powell is a player but he is even smaller than Duke and Yearby, and will be a situational guy.

Of course we could have used Collins. The only point was that the reason we couldnt run against elite teams when we had duke was not because of the rb position.

Advertisement
Of course we could have used Collins. The only point was that the reason we couldnt run against elite teams when we had duke was not because of the rb position.

Fine but at this point this is a straw man argument. My initial response to you was about your statement that Cook was a luxury and that the reason we cant compete with the big boys was because of our defensive front 7 which just isnt true. Yes its the biggest reason, but we arent up to par on offense either and how we have looked on offense against top 15 competition supports that. Its not just RB, its every where, and when an elite kid is in your backyard, he is in fact a necessity.

Fine but at this point this is a straw man argument. My initial response to you was about your statement that Cook was a luxury and that the reason we cant compete with the big boys was because of our defensive front 7 which just isnt true. Yes its the biggest reason, but we arent up to par on offense either and how we have looked on offense against top 15 competition supports that. Its not just RB, its every where, and when an elite kid is in your backyard, he is in fact a necessity.

So having duke at Rb isn't good enough?

Backup freshman RB is the problem then?

Clearly having elite players lined up at every position is ideal. But RB is the least of our worries next year without injury.

We have several elite kids from our backyard already committed, including 2 RBs. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't love to add Cook to that, but he's not a necessity at this point, which makes him a luxury IMO.

Advertisement

Clearly having elite players lined up at every position is ideal. But RB is the least of our worries next year without injury.

OL, WR, CB, and even one can argue TE are in better shape.

OL, WR, CB, and even one can argue TE are in better shape.

Does anyone else here think Yearby and Powell are anything but garbage? Sure Cook would be nice but jeez we have 2 blue chip rb coming in. Rb will not be why we aren't an elite team. Some ppl will never overstand.

Our front 7 on D is currently no better than FAU. Thats why we lose.

I wonder if Collins was told that part of his recruitment to Ark was cheesy rock songs on his highlight tape

Advertisement
Back