Dalvin about to be irked

I respect the confidence - but Dalvin Cook is about to single handedly destroy us for the 3rd year in a row.

For all the matchups, and X and O's, and analyzation, this game comes down to one simple thing - they have Dalvin and we don't.

I'm just glad my Dalvin Cook nightmare will be over after this weekend.

Dalvin Cook is overrated and FSU receivers scare no one. We just played two triple option teams in their back yard and completely took their heart. De'Andre is gonna have to beat us.

I wish that were true but he's legit as they come.

He smoking dat sauce

Advertisement
The newly adopted tackling method is what bothers me against a guy like Cook. If you watch film on it, runners are always going forward after contact. The difference with Cook is he sheds most contact and keeps going.
We all know Cook is explosive.....not very elusive behind the line of scrimmage tho....take his running lanes at the point of attack....angle tackling is very important on the perimeter....the dbs haveta elude blocks, pursue fast and lay some wood when they get there.....last but not least....the DL must get penetration throughout...ends cannot read and react.....gotta get up the field fast to blow up off tackle runs....the push inside is the most important...If they're able play on the other side of scrimmage......the D will be able to "contain him" for most of the game..

This is a very good sign. THe very thought of a competent coach at UM has FSU (pseudo Hurricanes) shook and back to their rightful inferiority complex.

Dalvin is a closet Canes fan like 90% of their players and fan base. He needs UM to fail in order to justify his dissonance and decision not to actually be a Cane.

Its all coming out. This game will tell a lot about Richt. He can have his way with our feeble-minded rivals if the game plan is aggressive.

FSU is expecting doomsday, but if they sense or see ANY sign of respect, hesitation, or uncertainty from our game plan and intentions, then they'll breathe a sigh of relief and this will be a close game.

If Richts game plan on offense and defense is aggressive, risky and violent for 4 quarters and Kaaya is all in, then this is a blow out win for Us!

Wny did he go to FSU anyway? To get out of Joe Yearby's shadow? He was probably "irked" at having to play behind Joe at Central. If Joe hadn't decommitted from FSU would Dalvin have come to UM?

Dalvin Cook will NOT get a hundred yards rushing against this defense!! WHOOOOAAAAA!!

The newly adopted tackling method is what bothers me against a guy like Cook. If you watch film on it, runners are always going forward after contact. The difference with Cook is he sheds most contact and keeps going.
We all know Cook is explosive.....not very elusive behind the line of scrimmage tho....take his running lanes at the point of attack....angle tackling is very important on the perimeter....the dbs haveta elude blocks, pursue fast and lay some wood when they get there.....last but not least....the DL must get penetration throughout...ends cannot read and react.....gotta get up the field fast to blow up off tackle runs....the push inside is the most important...If they're able play on the other side of scrimmage......the D will be able to "contain him" for most of the game..

I'm no great expert on X's and O's, but one thing the attacking defense does is sometimes open running lanes. i know that from watching it for years, especially when Jimmy Johnson first implemented it. he has admitted the defense can give up big plays on occasion. I remember some of the runs against us by Sammy Smith in the '80's. I agree, get penetration, disrupt before the blocking can form, but unless everything works perfectly, including I would guess LB's filling the holes, he will get some lanes and get some big plays. We're not protecting gaps with our defense and the odds are, sooner or later, he'll get a lane. He's not jukey behind the LOS, that's for sure, but ever since I watched him in HS, he was awesome at taking it deep behind the LOS, waiting for blocking to form, see the lane, and he'd be gone.

I wish we could have pulled Joe and Dalvin, but that was not to happen.

Advertisement
Our true freshman LBs are going to hit Cook so hard his mom's uterus is going to hurt.

That's for sure. I am known as a master prognosticator, but there's one unique factor: I never predict the future; just the past.

His momma's uterus will be hurting.

Miami's got to stop this ***get from getting going. Its the key for us to win against them. Hit him hard every single time he touches the ball.

I thought the ***get was that WR that came out the same year...I think he went to FSU but I can't remember his name.

Hes a miami kid u can count on it that he will play hard as ***. If we stop him we win easy but i think we wont shut him down...if we do shut him down then **** the d is legit..we can still win but he will get his. Walton better ball we need him

I think I've seen him take some plays off. I've only seen a few highlights of FSU games this year, and there were some games when he would seem like he didn't want to stick his face in there on pass blocking. He might have been hurt, maybe tired, but maybe prone to take some plays off and not as tough as made out to be.

Advertisement

I'm no great expert on X's and O's, but one thing the attacking defense does is sometimes open running lanes. i know that from watching it for years, especially when Jimmy Johnson first implemented it. he has admitted the defense can give up big plays on occasion. I remember some of the runs against us by Sammy Smith in the '80's. I agree, get penetration, disrupt before the blocking can form, but unless everything works perfectly, including I would guess LB's filling the holes, he will get some lanes and get some big plays. We're not protecting gaps with our defense and the odds are, sooner or later, he'll get a lane. He's not jukey behind the LOS, that's for sure, but ever since I watched him in HS, he was awesome at taking it deep behind the LOS, waiting for blocking to form, see the lane, and he'd be gone.

I am expecting Jimbob to use our aggressiveness against us and hit him on several screens along with swing passes to get him on the edge where we had our most trouble stopping GT. Just my 2 cents.

Ur right he cannot be given room dudes gotta play smart. And since our pass rush is relentless the des have to be careful not to over pursue and leave a huge lane which most speed ends do. Got to watch for screens as well and fancis like to throw to the middle of the field.

Advertisement
Hes a miami kid u can count on it that he will play hard as ***. If we stop him we win easy but i think we wont shut him down...if we do shut him down then **** the d is legit..we can still win but he will get his. Walton better ball we need him

I think I've seen him take some plays off. I've only seen a few highlights of FSU games this year, and there were some games when he would seem like he didn't want to stick his face in there on pass blocking. He might have been hurt, maybe tired, but maybe prone to take some plays off and not as tough as made out to be.

I watched the fsu and unc game last night n watched cook and he looks the same once he finds a crease its over dude is super fast. Hes like devonta freeman but a bigger build. ***** kid should be playing here man ****es me off

I am expecting Jimbob to use our aggressiveness against us and hit him on several screens along with swing passes to get him on the edge where we had our most trouble stopping GT. Just my 2 cents.

FSU doesn't chop block like GT does, that was the only reason they were able to get loose around the edge. Miami is going to be in the backfield every snap, Dalvin Cook is going to check out like he tends to do when he is constantly being destroyed behind the LOS.

Yep. Anything to get him into space. He's very very dangerous with open field....at least that's my recollection of the few times I've seen him play.

Advertisement

I just remember some of those games in the '80's...Danny Stubbs would take a very wide split (we had four men down) and he'd take a wide rush. There would be a huge hole. It seemed impossible to stop everything. I think we won that game, but it was very very tough. It might have been the year Mike Irvin caught a late TD down the sideline for a long TD. Man, there were some battles.

you people give these asshats WAY too much credit. They lost by 1000 to Louisville & let 2 5'9 white receivers eat their soul. Just stop already. This is gonna be a beat down of biblical proportions.

After Pickney, McCloud, Quarterman, Willis, Norton, Thomas and company are finished with him, he may have to lay in a tub full of ice for a couple of weeks. I predict a lot of pain for him and the French man on Saturday.

Advertisement
Back