Daeqwan Bailey 2018 JUCO DT is unsigned an Miami should check him out

Paranos

All-ACC
Daeqwan Bailey 2018 JUCO DT/NT is still unsigned Miami should check him out, he is 6'3" 310lbs and rated the 18th best JUCO DT nationally. One obstacle could be Bailey attending two different JUCO's, the ACC has a three consective semesters at the same JUCO matriculation rule.

At times Bailey plays high, but is very strong at the point of attack, he gives very good pursuit effort when chasing down ball carriers. He had 8+ sacks last season as a JUCO NT which helluh impressive.

Miami needs grown man depth at NT for the 2018 season and Jon Ford can't take all the snaps. An to solely rely on a suspect grad transfer or true freshmen would be unwise.

Advertisement
Daeqwan Bailey 2018 JUCO DT/NT is still unsigned Miami should check him out, he is 6'3" 310lbs and rated the 18th best JUCO DT nationally. One obstacle could be Bailey attending two different JUCO's, the ACC has a three consective semesters at the same JUCO matriculation rule.

At times Bailey plays high, but is very strong at the point of attack, he gives very good pursuit effort when chasing down ball carriers. He had 8+ sacks last season as a JUCO NT which helluh impressive.

Miami needs grown man depth at NT for the 2018 season and Jon Ford can't take all the snaps. An to solely rely on a suspect grad transfer or true freshmen would be unwise.

Lol. The suspect grad transfer had more sacks and was rated higher than Norton by the PFF.

Lol. The suspect grad transfer had more sacks and was rated higher than Norton by the PFF.

So are you saying Tito is better than Norton? I would much rather have Norton returning than any of these guys.

But since Norton is not coming back, let's keep this thread about Bailey's evaluation.
Go Canes

Advertisement
think were going have to go the JUCO route on Dline. agree with comment you need men upfront.
need to go 2 deep at both DT's actually think we wore down a bit at the end of year as we asked
RJ & Kendrick to take a lot of snaps

think were going have to go the JUCO route on Dline. agree with comment you need men upfront.
need to go 2 deep at both DT's actually think we wore down a bit at the end of year as we asked
RJ & Kendrick to take a lot of snaps
or maybe they werent as good as we thought they were.

Advertisement
THat JUCO DT game is a massive crap shoot. Go get me a grad transfer in his contract year who has actually performed at this level and whom you can plug right in.

Would rather have a grad transfer. Also, if a Juco is unsigned at this point it's usually because he has academic issues and so couldn't get in here anyways

No way to tell if this guy is just another tomato can based on a horrific level of opposing competition..and grades and qualifying issues. If we can get a grad transfer for one year that’s ideal. This type of guy is a last minute desperation choice assuming he can even qualify and assuming the eval says he’s adequate.

Advertisement
I coached him at Pasadena. Good kid from North Carolina. Its actually his 3rd juco. I believe he was at Independence for a year then PCC then now DodgeCity. Last I heard from the DC was that USC was on him big time but they didnt think he would qualify with grades.

He does have offers from Colorado, Kansas, Colorado St. I forgot who else

I coached him at Pasadena. Good kid from North Carolina. Its actually his 3rd juco. I believe he was at Independence for a year then PCC then now DodgeCity. Last I heard from the DC was that USC was on him big time but they didnt think he would qualify with grades.

3 junior colleges in 3 years?

Advertisement
Some Jucos give scholarships. He redshirted at the first one.

Of course, or he wouldn't be eligible this past fall. Transferring from one school is no big deal. Transferring from two is. Kid I coached was starting QB at a juco but the head coach, who was also the OC, was a horse's ***. We got him out of there and he transferred to a top 10 program and he redshirted. He should win the starting job this spring. If he doesn't win the QB job in the spring, then he moves to wide receiver. I told him flat out that moving again and competing for a starting job in the fall is not in his best interest. At his height, he was already told he is a high Division I wide receiver prospect without taking a snap. Wants to play QB. Told him that is great but the goal is to get to a high Division I school and have them pay for your degree.

Of course, or he wouldn't be eligible this past fall. Transferring from one school is no big deal. Transferring from two is. Kid I coached was starting QB at a juco but the head coach, who was also the OC, was a horse's ***. We got him out of there and he transferred to a top 10 program and he redshirted. He should win the starting job this spring. If he doesn't win the QB job in the spring, then he moves to wide receiver. I told him flat out that moving again and competing for a starting job in the fall is not in his best interest. At his height, he was already told he is a high Division I wide receiver prospect without taking a snap. Wants to play QB. Told him that is great but the goal is to get to a high Division I school and have them pay for your degree.
Well the reason I believe he left pasadena was because out of state for juco kids in Cali is stupid expensive. Im sure he believed he was going to be at a 4 year school after last season. Im sure grades are what held him back.

Advertisement
Back