Dade vs. Florida Game Notes

Advertisement
Very interested to see Bryant at the AA game. His senior highlights were not as impressive as i had hoped, and he is giving off that Marcus Forston vibe. I think we get him but he needs to step it up.

Listen if UM, FIU, FAU, UCF, USF, FSU( who is giving scholarships to waterboys), marshall ( who will take anyone who can spell thier name), and louisville (we live in the 305, but don't pay rent) are all taking a pass on the young man means either severe academic, criminal, or character issues with this young man.

Especially with UM's pass rushing needs no way you take the jyco kid bonds over this blancherd kid.

**** even randy at TCU didn't offer the kid, and we know how he loves his MNW kids.

Also the coaches at MNW knows about UM academics and character standards (especially with what just happened with laptop gate AG is not taking chances). The coaches at MNW if they really want to help this young should work with UM to get him into prep school at milford or hargrave then back to UM for 2014 class.

Go Canes

Great post.

Very interested to see Bryant at the AA game. His senior highlights were not as impressive as i had hoped, and he is giving off that Marcus Forston vibe. I think we get him but he needs to step it up.

Yup. I could see him being a monster for us, or I could see him having a Forston career. Good thing about 2013 Miami vs 2009 Miami is that I think talented kids who don't have the grit will exit stage left after an offseason of UTough, they won't linger and be scholarship leaches for 4-5 years.

Yup. I could see him being a monster for us, or I could see him having a Forston career. Good thing about 2013 Miami vs 2009 Miami is that I think talented kids who don't have the grit will exit stage left after an offseason of UTough, they won't linger and be scholarship leaches for 4-5 years.

I hate to jump to conclusions but based on how he is handling his recruitment and how he seemingly took a step back (or rather didn't step up) on the field he may have just gotten a little big head syndrome. That's OK as long as he gets squared away before he starts lining up against guys like Flowers and Feliciano next year.

Advertisement

I hate to jump to conclusions but based on how he is handling his recruitment and how he seemingly took a step back (or rather didn't step up) on the field he may have just gotten a little big head syndrome. That's OK as long as he gets squared away before he starts lining up against guys like Flowers and Feliciano next year.

No, I actually hope he doesn't come in prepared for camp. Getting dominated by Feliciano and Linder should be a wake up call

- I'll echo what Pete said- Blanchard is a plain stud and was one of the best players out there last night. Every time we've seen him he has balled out. He went both ways for Northwestern, too. FIU should have offered him yesterday, along with bigger schools.

- Jamal Carter didn't get too much action but he impresses just by walking around. This was my first time seeing him and he is just ridiculously big and athletic. The role he was playing was similar to what Antrel Rolle does for the Giants. I could see him playing a similar role here. It was crazy seeing him stand next to Michael Johnson, FSU's safety commit from Booker T. The FSU commit looked like a baby next to him, and isn't half the athlete either.

- Keith Bryant needs to lose some weight. The rotations were too weird for me to pass any judgment, though. Looking forward to hearing how he does in All-Star practices.

- Dade's QBs were the difference in the game. Akeem Jones is one of the most underrated players in the state.

- Denver Kirkland gets mixed reviews on this board, but he's always looked like a blue-chip stud to me. He's a better pass blocker than run blocker right now- his arms are so long and his hands are so strong that once he extends, its over. He had almost ten pancakes purely in pass protection, which shows how dominant he was competing against All-County athletes. He leans a bit as a run blocker and needs to lose weight, but he is a tremendous talent and IMO projects as a right tackle (not guard) once he loses some weight.

- Darius Tice made a sweet one-handed catch on a throw behind him and scored two touchdowns. He belongs in a BCS conference.

I think Kirkland is as good an OG prospect as we've brought in in a decade. Right there with BW. Probably better, IMO, but he needs to control his weight.

What about my boy Alex Gall?

- I'll echo what Pete said- Blanchard is a plain stud and was one of the best players out there last night. Every time we've seen him he has balled out. He went both ways for Northwestern, too. FIU should have offered him yesterday, along with bigger schools.

- Jamal Carter didn't get too much action but he impresses just by walking around. This was my first time seeing him and he is just ridiculously big and athletic. The role he was playing was similar to what Antrel Rolle does for the Giants. I could see him playing a similar role here. It was crazy seeing him stand next to Michael Johnson, FSU's safety commit from Booker T. The FSU commit looked like a baby next to him, and isn't half the athlete either.

- Keith Bryant needs to lose some weight. The rotations were too weird for me to pass any judgment, though. Looking forward to hearing how he does in All-Star practices.

- Dade's QBs were the difference in the game. Akeem Jones is one of the most underrated players in the state.

- Denver Kirkland gets mixed reviews on this board, but he's always looked like a blue-chip stud to me. He's a better pass blocker than run blocker right now- his arms are so long and his hands are so strong that once he extends, its over. He had almost ten pancakes purely in pass protection, which shows how dominant he was competing against All-County athletes. He leans a bit as a run blocker and needs to lose weight, but he is a tremendous talent and IMO projects as a right tackle (not guard) once he loses some weight.

- Darius Tice made a sweet one-handed catch on a throw behind him and scored two touchdowns. He belongs in a BCS conference.

I think Kirkland is as good an OG prospect as we've brought in in a decade. Right there with BW. Probably better, IMO, but he needs to control his weight.

Thats going out on a limb, thats for sure. People that know A LOT more than I do about the offensive line dont love him. Personally, I think Linder was a better prospect coming out. I also personally liked Isadora more.

Advertisement
heard the same about Louis Nixs his sr year in highschool supposedly he lost a step got fat and lazy..Keith Bryant will be fine

Advertisement
I like Gall alot more than Kirkland at this point. Gall is much more advanced technique wise and doesn't have as much to work on physically. I've seen Kirkland 3 times this year and while he shows flashes he's not a finisher because he's out of shape. His pass pro has improved since last year but I'm not sure he has the finishing mentality that Gall shows. Just my opinion but I see Gall on the field before Kirkland.

Thats going out on a limb, thats for sure. People that know A LOT more than I do about the offensive line dont love him. Personally, I think Linder was a better prospect coming out. I also personally liked Isadora more.

It amazes me that people who have never seen any of these kids play still come up with these wild YouTube opinions. But that's just me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back