Dabo would NEVER “slip and slide” after that win today!!!

The mean girls are in full effect...

9D6017B2-E677-4383-876B-43D4AD72FEB0.gif

omg, as if....

Advertisement
When Manny wins as many titles as Dabo, he can do whatever the f*** he wants.

My point isn't whether he should or shouldn't. I couldn't care less what he does.

It's all the people who insisted he would never do something like that after a sloppy win. And even with Lawrence out, this was a sloppy win.

Dabo is the most overrated coach in football, at any level.... high school, college, or pro.

It's hard to lose when you have Trevor Lawrence, and Deshaun Watson before that.

Advertisement
To paraphrase @Boarcane , Mario was so ****ed off he destroyed his office after a win. And as I said, I would like to have seen that from Manny after the UVA game.

So if Manny wrecks his office, that's gonna make us block and tackle better? People focus in on the weirdest ****.

Virginia was a close game because we had poor blocking on the interior line.... because we don't have good players at those spots.

We need about 3 starting caliber offensive linemen, 2 linebackers, and one CB to take the next step.

Advertisement
So if Manny wrecks his office, that's gonna make us block and tackle better? People focus in on the weirdest ****.

Virginia was a close game because we had poor blocking on the interior line.... because we don't have good players at those spots.

We need about 3 starting caliber offensive linemen, 2 linebackers, and one CB to take the next step.
Use common sense. It means he’s ****ed about his team’s performance and he’s got a higher expectation.

Clemson was favored by 24 even without Lawrence. They are/were the #1 team in the nation and they barely squeaked by an unranked opponent. If Manny celebrating bothered you, Dabo celebrating should too.

This is why I don’t care about these sorts of things. I’m more interested in how the team plays instead of how the coach celebrates.

People here want hardass coaches like that makes some kind of difference. Dan Enos and Mark D’Onofrio we’re both hardass coaches who screamed and yelled at their players all the time. They both suck

Coaches are going to do whats best for their team. These are young men typically between 18-21 and seeing their coach celebrating makes them happy. The last thing Manny is going to do is do something to tear these guys down or doing anything to effect their mental side. Covid has basically shut 2020 down. Lets enjoy the team and understand they have a ways to go but were going to get there.

Advertisement
Use common sense. It means he’s ****ed about his team’s performance and he’s got a higher expectation.

How is Manny being ****ed off and "expecting" more gonna make us block and tackle better?

Miami's problem (to the extent that 5-1 is a problem) is not EFFORT. The problem is that we're physically and mentally limited at certain positions - OL, WR, CB, and LB mostly.

If you want to blame Manny for anything, blame him for not recruiting better players at those spots. But focusing on slip sliding is just some weird fan fixation IMO. It doesn't impact play at all.

Disagree.

Pick a side - either a coach can't celebrate after a win or he can. Not "well the rules are different because he's won big already".
They can celebrate and all that's fine but when your team doesn't look good it looks bad. Rex Ryan mouthing off with the Jets was good until they lost and it looked bad real bad.

Advertisement
This. When you are 76-5 with 2 national titles since 2015 you could do whatever the **** you want. When you go 6-7 and lose to FIU, Duke, and get shutout to La Tech not even a full year ago.....well then you just look like a fool. Doesn’t matter if you are 5-1 this year.
Facts it looks bad when u are bad.....when most of the fan base doesn't trust your the guy it will look bad to most of the fans.

If you are STILL bothered by the slip and slide thing.

something that happened after the game.

You should spend your considerable psychology acumen analyzing yourself.

Disagree.

Pick a side - either a coach can't celebrate after a win or he can. Not "well the rules are different because he's won big already".
IMO the rules are different in this scenario because Dabo has the pulse of his team and he knows what they accomplished without their starting QB (POSSIBLY BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL) . He also knows that this team is going to have to be together in a big way to win at ND next week.

I don't think Manny has the slightest inkling of the pulse of the Miami team.

Advertisement
Back