Dabo Melting Down

[Chapel Fowler] Dabo Swinney ripping into a fan who asks him why Clemson's paying him a huge salary just to go 4-4. "You're part of the problem." Also says to the fan, Tyler, "if you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you" This is a lengthy, fiery answer here by Dabo​

Dabo finally holding people accountable by blaming the real people at fault—the fans

Go read or watch the full quote it’s not that bad he stated facts nothing wrong with that

Advertisement

[Chapel Fowler] Dabo Swinney ripping into a fan who asks him why Clemson's paying him a huge salary just to go 4-4. "You're part of the problem." Also says to the fan, Tyler, "if you wanna apply for the job, go for it. And good luck to you" This is a lengthy, fiery answer here by Dabo​

Dabo finally holding people accountable by blaming the real people at fault—the fans

Maybe we invite Dabo to participate here for a day. You up for it Dabo?

I believe coaches should be 100% accountable and are accountable for their results and while coaching shows are part of the job I don't think it is appropriate to call a coach and say that stuff. it accomplishes nothing except to troll the coach. put aside your hate for Dabo and think would you want to field calls like this from random fans questioning your salary?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson had its moment in the spotlight and are coming back down to earth. NIL and portal are doing its job evening out the playing field... Clemson can't pay for players under the table anymore without getting into a bidding war
Moment? I mean I hate Clemson as much as the next guy but 2 championships, god knows how many ACC titles, and play off runs pretty much every year for a decade is more than a monent.

I don't think dabo did anything wrong

those Clemson fans are out of control and he called them out for being spoiled
Agree. Wild how much he's getting roasted by CIS given our run of coaches the last... 20 years. We've only had 1 coach bring 2 ships and Dabo managed it at a podunk school in upstate SC that's had one in the time span we had 5.

I've seen family and friends be upset when they've won 10 and had a chance to win the ACC and I've gotta be like "I'd take that every year. That's the best UM could even manage in like 15 years."

I hate the dude and his personality but them fans are spoiled as **** and forget how bad they were prior to 2010. Randy literally came to town and beat them. It's their first mediocre season in a while and there's cause for concern but them fans deserve to be called out.

Imagine we start doing well again. Wouldn't we talk **** about all the "soft-shouldered" mofos who can't handle losing when we've still got the guy that brought us the last 2 ships employed with his last full season still having 10 wins? Maybe in 2 years if nothing changes you can call him out, but I mean ****. Every time a game is played, 1 of the 2 teams has to lose.

It would be a feeding frenzy. There would be nothing left by bones.

Feeding Frenzy Water GIF by DIIMSA Stock
Wait, you think a man who makes his living recruiting the most gassed up 18 year olds on the planet would struggle in a conversation with the members on here?

It'd be a bloodbath, but evidently not the way you're predicting.

Advertisement
Clemson Recruiting 2020 Ranked #3, 2021 Ranked # 5, NIL starts July 1 2021 which affects 22 recruiting class they end up at #14. In that 2022 class they had 2 5 stars and 2 high 4 stars all de-commit in December..... 2023 class they ended at #15 and currently are #16 for 2024. Clemson's downfall is all on Dabo being an asshat.

I'd be ****ed off too if I lost to Miami......kidding, but Jesus Christ, he's one of the top 3 coaches in the country and has dominated his conference longer than anyone except Saban and delivered Nattys.. Gratifying to see a fan base more delusional than our own.

In pro wrestling, when a heel turn happens and the justification is YOU PEOPLE, its always a ****** heel turn. It means you got nothing to say.

Advertisement
All but one or two fanbases in the country would take Clemsons production over the last decade. One mediocre season and they're ready to blow the whole thing up? Yeah, good luck with that working out.

Advertisement
You are right, he did break out the receipts, but then he unnecessarily attacked the fan and said the fan was 'part of your problem.' You are the head coach making over $11M a year, part of the responsibility that comes with that is being above the fray. Just say that your track record speaks for itself, you are going through a bumpy path, but that you will right the ship and 'next question'.

On the flipside, when you are 5-5 in your last 10 ACC games and refuse to use tools available to you like the portal, I think it is fair that fans are getting restless.

Dabo should have just said, "yeah, you think this is just like Bowden, how many rings did he win" and then hung up the phone.

Victory has defeated Dabo. I respected Dabo for going through the hard times as a coach and ultimately succeeding where he won multiple titles. But, he hasn't adapted with the times by way of the portal (he's been adamant about how he despises transfers and doesn't want to go that route) and now that victory doesn't come as easy, he's not able to adapt to how he handled losses earlier on in his career. But given how he's completely self-righteous and a hypocrite.....**** him.

Clemson falling back to mediocrity can be the best thing to happen to us as far as realignment goes. Hopefully Dabo's arrogance and stubbornness accelerate their return to their rightful place of mediocrity.
I'm very curious as to how realignment goes, especially as it relates to timeline. If you're the SEC or Big 10, if Clemson's slide into mediocrity remains consistent for another couple of years and they ultimately move on from Dabo, do they even consider Clemson moving forward?

Advertisement
Back