Da Hoyas!

Advertisement
Those teams took on the persona of their coaches; GTown with John Thompson and UNLV with Tarkanian

Congrats to Coach Pat Ewing & the Hoyas! GTown was my fav college basketball team in the 90’s, great to see them pull off the unthinkable considering how rough their season had been up until right before the Big east tourney.

@Hoyacane1620 HoyaSaxa!
ive been a hoya fan since early 80s ill root for canes bb but hoyas Will always my college bb team

Advertisement
Unlv dominated for real. That one loss to duke was like our loss in the bowl I won’t name. No way it should’ve happened and it ruined what would’ve been something we’d never seen again. From back to backs with crazy dominance and a winning streak. We’d hit the 40’s with the streak if we don’t lose. If you played either game twenty times that would be the one loss.

UNLV was more talented than Duke no doubt, but that Duke team wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

Hurley was a ballin' *** PG...Laettner was like McHale down in the paint in College...& Grant Hill was headed towards GOAT status in the NBA before the injury...and they won it all the year after too.

UNLV was more talented than Duke no doubt, but that Duke team wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

Hurley was a ballin' *** PG...Laettner was like McHale down in the paint in College...& Grant Hill was headed towards GOAT status in the NBA before the injury...and they won it all the year after too.
That being said their doors were blown off in the previous matchup for a reason. Duke played the perfect game and unlv played a C- game. Even coach K said that. That Duke team the next year was a lot better. Unlv was easily the beat team that year but like Miami got too ****y. We blame Porter for the horrible call but there’s no excuse in our game being within two td’s. Our players were passing out invitations to the national title party the day before the game.

Last edited:
I give no Fs about the title.....Fab 5s swagger & culture more closely resembled UMs than Georgetown's did....
No! Gtown was the first team with a black coach to win a title. In addition to that Gtown brought in AND played black players wayyyyy before Michigan trotted out the fab five. In many ways Gtown paved the way for the fab 5 to be even a possibility. Love the fab five but Gtown was revolutionary in perhaps the whitest college in the east coast.

Advertisement
No! Gtown was the first team with a black coach to win a title. In addition to that Gtown brought in AND played black players wayyyyy before Michigan trotted out the fab five. In many ways Gtown paved the way for the fab 5 to be even a possibility. Love the fab five but Gtown was revolutionary in perhaps the whitest college in the east coast.
Total Bullsh!t...
#1 Show me ONE time...that a Hoya player was Rockin UM gear...OR said ANYTHING UM related.....You cant....
#2 I had 3 of the Fab 5 tell me to my face that they emulate everything about the Canes....Run along

wow! I’m speechless... is this your own personal revisionist history or did you dream this paragraph. Georgetown wasn’t first or revolutionary in anything basketball related. The university hired Thompson and he won a championship. He was the first black coach to do so. He was followed by Nolan Richardson and Tubby Smith. Please Google Texas Western 1966. That is the school and team that you’re dreaming about. Maybe Google John Chaney or George Henry Raveling, if you’d like to find another name or university to somewhat fit your narrative.

Last edited:
Total Bullsh!t...
#1 Show me ONE time...that a Hoya player was Rockin UM gear...OR said ANYTHING UM related.....You cant....
#2 I had 3 of the Fab 5 tell me to my face that they emulate everything about the Canes....Run along
Rocking UM gear? That is your litmus test? You are saying that Michigan is more influential and more like the canes. I say NO way. Gtown went into southeast DC and other parts where NOBODY dared to go much like the canes did to assemble their team. Fab 5 happened because Gtown paved the way for many teams. Don't give a rats *** if the entire fab 5 was blowing you. That is not the point and yes your may be influenced by what you experienced which is **** cool BUT Gtown in the 80's was beloved the same players that came to the U.

wow! I’m speechless... is this your own personal revisionist history or did you dream this paragraph. Georgetown wasn’t first or revolutionary in anything basketball related. The university hired Thompson and he won a championship. He was the first black coach to do so. He was followed by Nolan Richardson and Tubby Smith. Please Google Texas Western 1966. That is the school and team that you’re dreaming about. Maybe Google John Chaney or George Henry Raveling, if you’d like to find another name or university to somewhat fit your narrative.
Yes there were surely other coaches that you mention BUT Gtown went into the hoods, PLAYED the boys and the style of basketball that was Nasty. That is the point. Very similar to the canes. that is the point that I am making.

Advertisement
Rocking UM gear? That is your litmus test? You are saying that Michigan is more influential and more like the canes. I say NO way. Gtown went into southeast DC and other parts where NOBODY dared to go much like the canes did to assemble their team. Fab 5 happened because Gtown paved the way for many teams. Don't give a rats *** if the entire fab 5 was blowing you. That is not the point and yes your may be influenced by what you experienced which is **** cool BUT Gtown in the 80's was beloved the same players that came to the U.
UM wasn't Beloved by GTown like they were with the Fab5....that's irrefutable....and ends the story....

It's a Fab5 thing.....
jalenrose.png

Unlv dominated for real. That one loss to duke was like our loss in the bowl I won’t name. No way it should’ve happened and it ruined what would’ve been something we’d never seen again. From back to backs with crazy dominance and a winning streak. We’d hit the 40’s with the streak if we don’t lose. If you played either game twenty times that would be the one loss.

Duke got its revenge as UNLV had crushed them the year before. I’m not a Duke fan but they played a helluva game that following year. BOBBY HURLEY was especially great; he played lights out that game, didn’t get bullied or shut down like the year before, and led Duke to a hard fought well earned win.

Advertisement
I love that Rose is reppin Miami, but it was a different sport. He wouldn't rep Georgetown because it wouldn't make sense. (Why didn't Deion go to Miami theory) Point is, the Georgetown fans that exist among us in the CIS community know the similarities because we are fans of both programs. I grew up in the DC area my whole life and can tell you that Maryland fans hate us because they aren't us. Sound familiar? Georgetown isn't what they used to be, but when they were kicking ***, they weren't the team that was supposed to be doing it. Doesn't that also sound familiar?

Miami fan but never liked Georgetown. Preferred the Houston Fraternity Phi Slamma Jamma who's Red satin Starter Jacket were also a hot commodity

Advertisement
Back