D1 & BA projections.

Advertisement
I think that was more of a thing when teams had to bid and it was often based on finances. Now I think if you earn it you get to host.
I thought so too, but it was discussed on D1‘s pod earlier in the month. Honestly I hope it doesn’t matter, if you earned it, you earned it.

I thought so too, but it was discussed on D1‘s pod earlier in the month. Honestly I hope it doesn’t matter, if you earned it, you earned it.
I don’t think it’s determined by size of stadium. As long as you can provide decent hotels for visiting teams, adequate concessions and field maintenance you’re fine. If your stadium is small you can get another field approved. Like Coastal Carolina uses Myrtle Beach’s minor league stadium when they host.

It does get dumb when top seeds lose though. There’s some weird rule where you have to apply to host a Super and if you don’t, you can’t. So say a 3 seed plays a 2 in a Super, if the 3 applied and the 2 didn’t, the 3 hosts. Unless that’s been changed in the last handful of years.

Advertisement
Final D1 projection with be (7) Miami (8) North Carolina (9) East Carolina. Those were the three they agonized over for Top 8 on their live Nerdcast. Rogers made the point I’ve been thinking about making A&M a Top 8 and not us.

Final D1 projection with be (7) Miami (8) North Carolina (9) East Carolina. Those were the three they agonized over for Top 8 on their live Nerdcast. Rogers made the point I’ve been thinking about making A&M a Top 8 and not us.
I missed that point, what is the thought?

Basically, how do you reach down in the RPI and get an A&M based on a strong SEC record, and not do it for us in the ACC? Fitt and Etheridge though their stronger finish mitigated that concern.
Yeah eff Fitt and Ether.

Advertisement
I said it earlier that with a Texas loss we would be 7. Idk how we wouldn’t be at this point. Everything that needed to go our way did.

Also sign me the f*ck up for UNC/ECU in a Super. Would be electric. I’d be there all weekend pulling for my Pirates.

Last edited:
BA also has us a Top 8 with an absolutely brutal regional. They also send FSU to Gainesville. I don’t buy 4 ACC Top 8 teams. Not sure I buy 3.
Coral Gables, Fla.Stillwater, Okla.
1. (6) Miami^ 🔼1. (11) Oklahoma State^ 🔼
2. Oklahoma*2. Arkansas
3. Connecticut*3. Dallas Baptist
4. Army*4. Oral Roberts*

Last edited:
Advertisement
BA also has us a Top 8 with an absolutely brutal regional. They also send FSU to Gainesville. I don’t buy 4 ACC Top 8 teams. Not sure I buy 3.
2. Oklahoma*2. Arkansas
4. Army*4. Oral Roberts*

So do you see UNC getting it over Miami if it's just 2 ACC teams? They are hot right now but Miami swept them and had a better conference record

2. Oklahoma*2. Arkansas
4. Army*4. Oral Roberts*

Ya, D1's would be optimal, but either way, we should be thanking our lucky stars that ND was screwed again and that the rest of our competition for 7 - 8 flopped last week also.

I sure hope the guys, coaches and admin are working their asses off this week studying film on opposing pitchers, pumping the fan base up to get out to Mark Light, etc. Let's make the Committee look smart if we do secure a Top 8.

So do you see UNC getting it over Miami if it's just 2 ACC teams? They are hot right now but Miami swept them and had a better conference record
I tend to assume RPI wins the day until it doesn’t, but it’s hard to get a read with the mess that it is this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back