D$ with insight on practices and scrimmage, including big plays from Jacurri and Colby Young

View as article
Advertisement
As it stands we can play Brown and Emory in four games each and still preserve both their redshirts. They both really need a 'shirt, for the sake of their careers and the program.

Frankly I would sacrifice backup reps for them for the first 4-5 games of the season in order to have them available if we need them later, and only use Brown if TVD went out in a tight, still winnable game.

If we want to pull TVD in an early season blowout I'd rather see a scout team kid go out there to hand off and kneel, and save Brown and Emory until the second half of the season just in case. It would be a disaster to really need Brown later in the year and not have him or have to burn his 'shirt late.

Redshirt > reps this year.
Brown isn't redshirting. He'll get touches every game.

Cb as a unit currently is as bad as I can remember. Maybe the Golden Years.
Do you think Mario is going to address this?? I mean he’s made changes everywhere he’s a smart guy and evaluates talents and coaches, what’s up with this and why not this position??

Advertisement
👀

Attachments

• 2ECA20ED-EBC3-4473-BC54-AB7927235CC0.jpeg
    2ECA20ED-EBC3-4473-BC54-AB7927235CC0.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
On shear measurables ... maybe Cormani was the elite guy but I guarantee you Bama/UGA/OSU/etc signed CBs that will have comparable or better college careers.
I doubt it I dont think those teams have anyone on the roster thats built like him. Bama and UGA hide there corners behind great fronts so CM is going to have to do alot of work. Thats why most Bama and UGA and even OSU dbs flame out, they just get guys that are big and can run which is ideal when u build fronts like they have. I see we trying to do the same so I am not mad about it. But hard to find those Sauce types and Surtain types they dont come around often, I like our kid from AH HS Brown. I expect him to do well when our defensive front gets more talent, guys like him easily get drafted especially behind good fronts. And the reason those guys will do better at bama and Uga will be the front 7's, but measurables they dont have anyone like that. I think the NFL will see that in CM. If he flames out it would be one of the biggest busts I ever seen at that spot, pause @Confidence1000

Advertisement
He’s had a tough spring.

He got an opportunity to get 1st snaps and let the opportunity slip away. I locked in on him a bit when I was there and he was struggling with his technique too often. He was an athlete first, so I think a longer transition to DB should’ve been expected.

I’m mentally preparing myself for the same thing to happen to Stafford when he shows up.

To be blunt, corner coaching at Miami sucks. It’s sucked since the Crime Dog left.
Appreciate the firsthand account.

If you would (and this isn’t intended as me baiting you), talk us through what you’re seeing that leads you to believe they’re receiving poor coaching? What drills are they doing you don’t like?

I’d like to have an idea of what is leading you to say the CB coaching our players are receiving is awful.

You can pick up on some things on the videos they give out, for instance last year I noticed several things Gattis was doing I didn’t agree with. I tweeted about some of them when they were happening.

I haven’t had a chance to see a lot of the drills or individual coaching clips/sessions.

Cormani was a crippling blow to the secondary. May not get a kid like that ever again at that spot on that level.
I agree with you but I still find the whole recruitment strange. The talent is 100% there but I still stand by the notion if you troll that hard during your recruitment you’ll more than likely be a bust. I’m not trying to sound bitter but most kids that go out of their way to troll Miami do terrible.

I agree with you but I still find the whole recruitment strange. The talent is 100% there but I still stand by the notion if you troll that hard during your recruitment you’ll more than likely be a bust. I’m not trying to sound bitter but most kids that go out of their way to troll Miami do terrible.
I dont think he trolled I just think he changed his mind. D got in his ear and that was all she wrote, I mean he shut bama out from even speaking to him. If Deon doesnt get that job hes a cane pretty much.

Advertisement
I dont think he trolled I just think he changed his mind. D got in his ear and that was all she wrote, I mean he shut bama out from even speaking to him. If Deon doesnt get that job hes a cane pretty much.
No for sure it was Travis hunter 2.0. I just didn’t like the whole coaching staff going there at the hs and him not being there I found that whack regardless the Change of heart. I agree though that from Cb prospect that was like a Patrick Peterson can’t miss though. Hopefully our db approach changes going forward.

On just their film, I rated Brown slightly ahead of Cormani and said so when he was still committed to us.

Cormani just has a higher range of outcomes.

I think he's talking about Jacurri Brown and god I hope we don't do that stupid **** where we pull TVD off the field and run Jacurri in there to get the offense all disjointed.

Yes, I know it worked with Leak and Tebow. But no good teams do that goofy ****. If TVD is your guy, then roll with him. And truthfully, Brown is years away from being an NFL prospect, if he ever gets there. So it's not like he's some 3 years and done type kid. Redshirt him, let him earn the job as a 3rd year Sophomore in 2024. Hopefully you can ride him for at least 2 years.

No for sure it was Travis hunter 2.0. I just didn’t like the whole coaching staff going there at the hs and him not being there I found that whack regardless the Change of heart. I agree though that from Cb prospect that was like a Patrick Peterson can’t miss though. Hopefully our db approach changes going forward.
I always thought Hunter was stupid over rated. Watch when he goes up against dogs he in trouble.

Advertisement
Cormani is not Patrick Peterson. He's 165lbs and pretty sure he's a summer enrollee. He's tall and rangy but he needs to gain 25 lbs of muscle and we have no idea if he can gain the weight or how his speed will be effected.

Appreciate the firsthand account.

If you would (and this isn’t intended as me baiting you), talk us through what you’re seeing that leads you to believe they’re receiving poor coaching? What drills are they doing you don’t like?

I’d like to have an idea of what is leading you to say the CB coaching our players are receiving is awful.

You can pick up on some things on the videos they give out, for instance last year I noticed several things Gattis was doing I didn’t agree with. I tweeted about some of them when they were happening.

I haven’t had a chance to see a lot of the drills or individual coaching clips/sessions.

I’ll give you one that they’ve run every time I’ve been there.

Corner back pedals to a spot on the field with another corner running a 9 route. DB turns into the WR (great move to teach) to force them into the boundary. The two issues I have with a drill like that is that at no point is the DB asked to turn his head or shoot his hands thru the WR hands.

So in one drill they’re creating bad habits that the DB will take to the field with them.

Fast forward to 7v7, and the kid is getting yelled at for NOT turning to look for the ball and shoot his hands thru the WR. Of course he’s not going to do it, you’ve given the kid 8 reps in a drill that doesn’t reinforce it or teach it.

There are other examples, but this is one bothers me the most.

Last edited:
I think he's talking about Jacurri Brown and god I hope we don't do that stupid **** where we pull TVD off the field and run Jacurri in there to get the offense all disjointed.

Yes, I know it worked with Leak and Tebow. But no good teams do that goofy ****. If TVD is your guy, then roll with him. And truthfully, Brown is years away from being an NFL prospect, if he ever gets there. So it's not like he's some 3 years and done type kid. Redshirt him, let him earn the job as a 3rd year Sophomore in 2024. Hopefully you can ride him for at least 2 years.
I agree but I'm sure they will have packages for him.

Advertisement
Back