D$ talks to CIS Community on Zoom

View as article
Advertisement
I think the discussion about coaching staff cohesion was really on point, in terms of that being one of the major factors leading to the failures this season.

Individually, at least on paper, we had an All-Star coaching staff. Then the question becomes, why didn’t we have all star results.

Certainly we can talk about talent, and how maybe to a certain extent we overestimated the talent we have, but at the end of the day even if all the negative aspects on the players side are contributory, we still significantly under performed as a coaching staff. There’s no way around that.

It’s so much more complex, as well as also nuanced, for me to reduce it down to just a few statements. Nonetheless, from my perch and observations, we just did not have the cohesion that was necessary to maximize results.

This definitely was not a 10 to 12 game-winning team, even with excellent coaching, but there’s no excuse to not have won at least eight games during the regular season, and you have to look at staff performance as the major contributing factor.

Does that mean they’re all bad coaches? Of course it doesn’t, but the lack of cohesion and the resulting failure in execution, means that fit and culture among the coaching staff, is something that has to be focused on to a great degree during the off-season.

I realize there’s urgency in terms of getting coaches on board, as DMoney mentioned, so that we can maximize talent acquisition in the portal.

But I don’t want the same mistakes to be made.

Mario has to assure that he gets the people that can work together as an effective coaching team. Even if it takes a little longer.

If you need something to distract you from this terrible season, go win some money on Underdog Fantasy. It's a daily NFL/MLB/NBA/CFB fantasy game (legal in Florida and elsewhere) where you can pick and parlay over-unders on player performance, participate in daily fantasy drafts and otherwise use your sports expertise to win money.

CIS users receive a deposit match up to $100 if they use CIS as promo code to sign up. A signup link is below which makes things even easier. Get your free match and try to make some money. We can even have private drafts with CIS members in this thread.

If anyone wants to use (or, more likely, fade) my picks, I've got Chris Olave over 61.5 receiving yards, Jaylen Waddle over 74.5 receiving yards and Tyreek Hill over 91.5 receiving yards.

Signup Link: https://play.underdogfantasy.com/p-canes-in-sight

Is TVD coming back next year truly a long term benefit to our Canes?

I don't know it is.

Advertisement
Is TVD coming back next year truly a long term benefit to our Canes?

I don't know it is.
D135E087-39B3-46EE-A859-2DC788732CF5.gif

Advertisement
Data are what data are.

But what do I know, I'm only 91% correct this season.

View attachment 216206
I won’t argue with data but I’m not sure what data points to having TVD leave is good for our squad.

Brown should not even be in the discussion. We are totally screwed next year if he is anything more than a 4th and short/red zone sub package QB

We need an OC to come in here and install a modern offense that uses the entire field vertically and horizontally. One that is pass 1st and can set up the run. You put TVD in there to learn it and run it. You bring in a portal QB as insurance that can run it. If Brown can’t develop into a qb to run it in 2 years then you go recruit someone that can.

I’m a fan of Brown, don’t get me wrong. But I’m not looking for an OC that has to adapt the playbook to him.

Advertisement
I think the discussion about coaching staff cohesion was really on point, in terms of that being one of the major factors leading to the failures this season.

Individually, at least on paper, we had an All-Star coaching staff. Then the question becomes, why didn’t we have all star results.

Certainly we can talk about talent, and how maybe to a certain extent we overestimated the talent we have, but at the end of the day even if all the negative aspects on the players side are contributory, we still significantly under performed as a coaching staff. There’s no way around that.

It’s so much more complex, as well as also nuanced, for me to reduce it down to just a few statements. Nonetheless, from my perch and observations, we just did not have the cohesion that was necessary to maximize results.

This definitely was not a 10 to 12 game-winning team, even with excellent coaching, but there’s no excuse to not have won at least eight games during the regular season, and you have to look at staff performance as the major contributing factor.

Does that mean they’re all bad coaches? Of course it doesn’t, but the lack of cohesion and the resulting failure in execution, means that fit and culture among the coaching staff, is something that has to be focused on to a great degree during the off-season.

I realize there’s urgency in terms of getting coaches on board, as DMoney mentioned, so that we can maximize talent acquisition in the portal.

But I don’t want the same mistakes to be made.

Mario has to assure that he gets the people that can work together as an effective coaching team. Even if it takes a little longer.

Can’t get on board with “even if it takes a little longer”.

A79AFB37-9304-4533-891B-F298940DA814.jpeg

Empy took a little too much of his happy pills today guys lol.

TVD is an NFL guy but to a point Empy is right. Can he grow with another OC?
That’s why we have to also bring in a portal QB to challenge TVD and give us some insurance in case TVD struggles to pick it up.

But there is a lot to work with regarding TVD. Hopefully the new OC can bring out his best.

Advertisement
That’s why we have to also bring in a portal QB to challenge TVD and give us some insurance in case TVD struggles to pick it up.

But there is a lot to work with regarding TVD. Hopefully the new OC can bring out his best.
Ok, hold on a second my schizophrenic friends...

TVD leaving bad, but bringing in a portal QB1 candidate to push TVD is good?

Don't get me wrong here, I love the crazy.

1665449332668.gif

Ok, hold on a second my schizophrenic friends...

TVD leaving bad, but bringing in a portal QB1 candidate to push TVD is good?

Don't get me wrong here, I love the crazy.

View attachment 216209
Crazy knows crazy huh?

Seriously though, you want a new OC to go into next season with TVD, Brown and Emory? I just can’t feel good about that. I think we need an experienced veteran portal QB that can be a quality backup to TVD.

Crazy knows crazy huh?

Seriously though, you want a new OC to go into next season with TVD, Brown and Emory? I just can’t feel good about that. I think we need an experienced veteran portal QB that can be a quality backup to TVD.
Peeps round here ready to burn the Empirical One at the stake* for suggesting TVD's return is ho-hum.

Now we get cray cray about bringing in his competition.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

*it's a long line, and understandably so

Can’t get on board with “even if it takes a little longer”.

View attachment 216207

I can. My job depends on hiring the right people. Now I know this is a different situation, but hiring in haste is a recipe for disaster. I’ve learned that through hard experience.

Anyway, we are under new administration. If the plan is indeed to fire Gaddis, all the pre-work I’m sure is being done already.

Advertisement
Back