D$'s Top 25 Prospects in Dade/Broward- #10-6

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Over the past two years, I’ve been lucky enough to see Dade and Broward’s best compete on the gridiron, at camps and at 7-on-7s. The list below is my personal opinion, and I don’t speak for Peter, Tito, Cam or Nash. All forty times are verified by SPARQ. NOTE: I did not include Travonte Valentine as a Dade/Broward prospect because he hasn't played a real game down here yet. If you include him in the mix, he is likely a Top 10 prospect.

10. Sean White, QB, University (6’1, 195, 5.05)- The champion of the off-season is even better when the pads come on. White put up big numbers last fall for Chaminade (3,300 yards, 40 TDs, 6) and now joins a U-School offense brimming with D-1 talent. He is not a runner but has excellent mobility and is not afraid to take a hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpCJffojZM

9. Quinton Flowers, ATH, Jackson, (6’0, 203, 4.72)- Consummate football player who throws, runs, tackles and punts for the Generals. Cemented his legend in the American Heritage game- he threw a TD, ran for a TD and returned an INT for a TD in the biggest upset of the playoffs. Although Flowers is undersized for a QB, he is a good-sized athlete who measured bigger than Mike Smith and Trayone Gray at the SPARQ combine. Can play spread QB but projects best as a safety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSmS3lJchSs

8. Ravian Pierce, TE, Plantation (6’4, 215)- A Butch Davis-style recruit: Big, athletic and aggressive. Physical to the point of dirty. Will seek out crackbacks away from the play. Still raw as a pass-catcher but possesses huge upside as an everydown tight end or even a defensive end.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9333843

7. Trevor Darling, OL, Central (6’4.5, 327, 5.73)- The centerpiece of the most talented offensive line in the state. Darling combines a huge frame with flexibility and a mean streak. Nowhere near his ceiling and should blossom in a college strength and condition program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkBtqw6vzEw

6. Chad Thomas, DE, Booker T (6’5, 240, 4.85)- The best defensive end to come out of Miami since Corey Lemonier. Attends New World School of the Arts where he specializes in an instrument called the Euphonium. Thomas is a high motor player who was named DL MVP of the Miami NFTC and the Opening.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1506372/chad-thomas

Advertisement
The list so far:

6. Chad Thomas
7. Trevor Darling
8. Ravian Pierce
9. Quinton Flowers
10. Sean White
11. Joseph Yearby
12. Corey Holmes
13. Khairi Clark
14. Anthony Moten
15. Treon Harris
16. Jaquan Johnson
17. Quincy Wilson
18. Chris Lammons
19. Tyrek Cole
20. Mike Smith
21. Brandon Powell
22. Nigel Bethel II
23. Sam Bruce
24. A'lique Terry
25. Trayone Gray

Have to disagree with Pierce being ahead of Yeaby, just don't see it.

I wouldn't have made that call before seeing them both live. In person, Pierce's size and athleticism jump out. And he's not just a guy that looks good on the hoof, he competes his *** off and loves football. He has the feel of a future NFLer.

Advertisement
White looks really impressive, actually. It's early but anybody hearing anything about where he's gonna land?

Thanks for posting! Great stuff.

I'm confused on something you included in the snippet on Flowers:

"who measured bigger than Mike Smith and Trayone Gray at the SPARQ combine"

Are you referencing their overall Sparq scores? Or are you saying that Quinton Flowers actually measured in taller and bigger than Mike Smith from MNW?

White looks really impressive, actually. It's early but anybody hearing anything about where he's gonna land?

I read Cincinnati is the favorite, but after the Opening Notre Dame may come knocking and he is a huge fan of them.

Advertisement
Are you referencing their overall Sparq scores? Or are you saying that Quinton Flowers actually measured in taller and bigger than Mike Smith from MNW?

I mean that Flowers was about five pounds heavier than both Gray and Smith at the Miami SPARQ, which surprised me but shows he is still growing, as many who have met his family have predicted.

Have to disagree with Pierce being ahead of Yeaby, just don't see it.

I wouldn't have made that call before seeing them both live. In person, Pierce's size and athleticism jump out. And he's not just a guy that looks good on the hoof, he competes his *** off and loves football. He has the feel of a future NFLer.

And this is why Bama is going after him hard if Saban sees it its like Butch seeing it.

Advertisement
surprised the big 3 haven't given white a look. i'd like to see him as a 2nd qb in uf's class.

dmoney why do you think they aren't as high on him?

surprised the big 3 haven't given white a look. i'd like to see him as a 2nd qb in uf's class.

dmoney why do you think they aren't as high on him?

I haven't the slightest idea what we see in Rosier over White but oh well. That's why I am sitting here I guess.

Advertisement
What's up with Quinton Flowers? Is he just waiting for the best school that will let him play Quarterback?

Advertisement
Back