D. Jack Tweet

Oddly enough before the season everybody knew a 10-2 type of season would be a great step forward. Now we’re 7-0 and people are upset we aren’t Bama yet. Truth is Richt has had one FULL recruiting cycle and most of our best pieces are freshmen and sophomores

Advertisement
All I know is we need to continue to bring in olineman. Until we get the beast on the line we will never be able to impose our will on any team period

I always thought we would be solid this year and outstanding the next. Still holes to be plugged on both sides of the ball. Another year of development and a great recruiting class will go a long ways towards are return to the elite. Doesn't happen overnight.

24-19 against a ****** UNC team but fans don’t have a right to complain? **** that. I’m not saying FSU, GT, and Cuse shouldn’t have been close games but we played like **** yesterday. Hold them accountable.

Advertisement
DJack should be motivating his teammates. We didn't play with the same intensity that UNC did yesterday.

Whatever it takes though. If he wants to play "us against the world including our own fans" and if that works to give them the mental edge they need this week, then I'm all for it.

24-19 against a ****ty UNC team but fans don’t have a right to complain? **** that. I’m not saying FSU, GT, and Cuse shouldn’t have been close games but we played like **** yesterday. Hold them accountable.

I think constructive criticism is one thing and should be expected. No argument there.

However, overall this team is on the longest winning streak in the country and is proving that they can win close games in many different ways. There are a lot of other positives to be noted in the games too that people seem to just sweep under the rug and ignore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tweet comes across as pretty soft, not gonna lie.

Why because he calling out fans who complain when we lose close games for YEARS, and now that we win them still complain as if we loss? The truth isn’t always positively. Be glad that they are changing the culture and quit expecting perfection. It’s not going to be easy, we are a work in progress

24-19 against a ****ty UNC team but fans don’t have a right to complain? **** that. I’m not saying FSU, GT, and Cuse shouldn’t have been close games but we played like **** yesterday. Hold them accountable.

I think constructive criticism is one thing and should be expected. No argument there.

However, overall this team is on the longest winning streak in the country and is proving that they can win close games in many different ways. There are a lot of other positives to be noted in the games too that people seem to just sweep under the rug and ignore.

I don’t think anyone is ignoring the successful season we have had thus far. Fans are really disappointed about how our Offense has played. Particurly, against bad Defense’s such as Cuse and UNC.

I don’t think anyone is ignoring the successful season we have had thus far. Fans are really disappointed about how our Offense has played. Particurly, against bad Defense’s such as Cuse and UNC.

UNC's defense is not bad. As Richt said on his television show earlier in the week their defense is one of their strengths and should not be underrated.
Should we have done better? Yes, I will agree with that but let's not say their Defense was bad.

Oddly enough before the season everybody knew a 10-2 type of season would be a great step forward. Now we’re 7-0 and people are upset we aren’t Bama yet. Truth is Richt has had one FULL recruiting cycle and most of our best pieces are freshmen and sophomores

this is exactly what i was going to write. 18' class will supplement what will already have. our depth is thin.

Advertisement
Who the **** is Djack?... and since when was AG the gold standard?? .... he was the worst coach in the last 30 years of U football....

When we play like cr@p, fans will call them out. Get used to it...

Yes, we have been squeaking it out but there are plenty of reasons to be concerned...

A guy with 700 plus posts and doesn't know who Djax (one of our best players so far this year) is. :(

You have to walk before you can run.

At the beginning of the season we all hoped for a 10 win season and a Coastal title. Part of the reason we hoped for a Coastal title is because everyone wrote off VT. Well guess what, VT is just as good as we are. So it all comes down to this weekend.

As for the 10 wins, no one knew we would lose an automatic W against Ark State. So basically we are 8-0 right now. We only need two more wins to eclipse all fans expectations for the season. We will get 3 more wins.

We lack depth, still have OL issues, and we are down our best player on the team. With the issues we have it is an absolute rarity to be 7-0. And all the pundits that say we are overrated, if they would dig into what we are working with would stop that nonsense. We are a legit top 10 team right now.

How can anyone be down on a team that is doing such great community service work. They are trying to provide more patients for heart research at the U medical center.

Advertisement
You have to walk before you can run.

At the beginning of the season we all hoped for a 10 win season and a Coastal title. Part of the reason we hoped for a Coastal title is because everyone wrote off VT. Well guess what, VT is just as good as we are. So it all comes down to this weekend.

As for the 10 wins, no one knew we would lose an automatic W against Ark State. So basically we are 8-0 right now. We only need two more wins to eclipse all fans expectations for the season. We will get 3 more wins.

We lack depth, still have OL issues, and we are down our best player on the team. With the issues we have it is an absolute rarity to be 7-0. And all the pundits that say we are overrated, if they would dig into what we are working with would stop that nonsense. We are a legit top 10 team right now.

There are people on this site who actually thought we could lose/ have a close game with Arky State.
Let's remember that is the sort of people we are dealing with here.

It is the "Fan" with the crazy high,unrealistic expectations that gets upset with this team. Admittedly,for this one game,I thought we would blow away a UNC team with 17 guys out due to injury, now I'll be happy if we go 2-2 to end the season. I'm just gonna be thankful for what we've been able to accomplish thus far with 70 scholarship player.

UNC's defense is not bad. As Richt said on his television show earlier in the week their defense is one of their strengths and should not be underrated.
Should we have done better? Yes, I will agree with that but let's not say their Defense was bad.

What would your reaction have been if UNC drove the field on that last drive and scored a TD to win it? Don't give me the "I don't live in hypotheticals" because we all know that's not that much of an unrealistic scenario considering how well their offense was moving the ball. Would you really stand there and say "well their defense is good" after having been throttled by VT last week?

Our offense let us down yesterday and the defense saved our season. Expectations change as seasons progress....ask FSU. We are 7-0 and in the hunt for a playoff. Forgive us if we think we should have dominated a 1-7 team in preparation for arguably our biggest 2 game stretch in the past decade.

Advertisement
Back