D. Jack Tweet

I agree that the team is on the right track but we shouldn't have been in a nail biter with NC at all. For fans not to be gitty about that game is 100% understandable. Richt himself voices his disappointment and has even said earlier in the season that the offensive play makes him sick at times.

Advertisement
That didnt look like a 1-7 team, at least on the defenaive side.

I was thinking the same thing. I dont know where that defense was the rest of the year but I saw our WR's completely blanketed and a D Line in Rosiers face all day

Look fans have a right to be displeased with how they played on offense yesterday. Richt himself was upset with how they played. Dude needs to realize that fans are going to have an opinion win or lose.

He's right in that we need to celebrate our progress. We have and continue to make giant leaps forward from the Golden era.

With that said, he should know to expect the critiques know matter what. It's what passionate fans do. Nothing personal. We know what championship level Miami football looks like, so we will always measure their performance against that standard of excellence.

That's the price of championship legacy.

D J is right. A lot of us are being idiots. This team IS PERFECT at the moment. Perfection is measured in win/loss record and we are 7-0 with best track record for winning tight games that we are not playing our best in. What more can you want. Do you want to look better playing Bama or do you want to win the game against them and look lucky and bad doing it? DJ keep winning kid. Countless Cane fans are loving every minute of this.

Advertisement
I agree that the team is on the right track but we shouldn't have been in a nail biter with NC at all. For fans not to be gitty about that game is 100% understandable. Richt himself voices his disappointment and has even said earlier in the season that the offensive play makes him sick at times.

Mark should be sick. But about his own weakness not the team. Kids are undefeated and proving that all we need is some DECENT coaching to win(just like Howard said 40 years ago.). Mark is probably a good enough coach for Miami to win NCs, but it will be because he is good enough to not prevent us winning. We will beat VT this week and the crybabies will say, ".... we better play better against ND ...." Then after ND, it will be that the Irish were overrated. If we could go back in time, some of these idiots would be complaining about how we let the Cornhuskers back into the game twice in that first NC and how we got lucky deflecting the two point conversion.

This is 2013 redux until we beat somebody good. Next week is probably the biggest home game we've had since the head fake against Oklahoma under Randy.

Oddly enough before the season everybody knew a 10-2 type of season would be a great step forward. Now we’re 7-0 and people are upset we aren’t Bama yet. Truth is Richt has had one FULL recruiting cycle and most of our best pieces are freshmen and sophomores

+1

Advertisement
we will lose 1-2 games this season tops. In year 2 of the rebuild that is insane. No complaints. Our D is top 5 in the land and our O is very uneven ( either amazing or horrible) . Once we even out as decent we will be a top 5 team and I think it happens in the next 4 weeks . We still lose to Clemson but I could care less at this point .

we will lose 1-2 games this season tops. In year 2 of the rebuild that is insane. No complaints. Our D is top 5 in the land and our O is very uneven ( either amazing or horrible) . Once we even out as decent we will be a top 5 team and I think it happens in the next 4 weeks . We still lose to Clemson but I could care less at this point .

That appears to be the case, but we won't know until Saturday when we play somebody good.

Here's a few facts........
1) in the last 13 yrs, we've had 0 (zero, nada, none)10 win seasons
2) in the 13 yrs prior to the last 13, we had 7 of them, and I think..2 NC's and played for at least 1, if not 2 others.

Were on the verge of a 10 win season, and were short 1 game on our schedule.
We are finding ways to win again, and its not always the same story.....a sick play, by a receiver (twice)..a timely turnover, a last minute defensive stand....you name it, these kids are finding ways to be better, when they ABSOLUTELY have to!!

Lets worry about the wins right now, looking good while we do it, can come as we learn to get better at winning!!

THANK-YOU, to all involved in our program. This season, although some close games, has been more fun than any I can think of in quite some time.

Who the **** is Djack?... and since when was AG the gold standard?? .... he was the worst coach in the last 30 years of U football....

When we play like cr@p, fans will call them out. Get used to it...

Yes, we have been squeaking it out but there are plenty of reasons to be concerned...

A guy with 700 plus posts and doesn't know who Djax (one of our best players so far this year) is. :(

Don't care if he is the best player this year..... those of us who have been Cane fans for over 3 decades don't need advice on why they shouldn't be called out for their continual sloppy play.

Advertisement
I like DJax but if he thinks fans don't have the right to complain about that effort.. then he's mistaken. Fwiw the complaints are directed towards coaches not players (outside of maybe Rosier, which is warranted).

I'm not sure how folks logically come to the conclusion we should be dominating each week given where we've been the last 10 years. 2 years ago we were getting our d#cks stomped in the dirt each week and flying banners before the season even started.

Just chill and enjoy the transition from being a joke to competing for championships.

Amazing to have a **** long enough to stomp into the ground.

Advertisement
I know what I want.. a Dominate all around defense and a great running game and a overall SUPER physical team that seems to gang tackle every other play because everyone flying to the ball really quick and also can run the ball almost at will. If you have those 2 things and you will win 10+ games almost every year. (See ND, Wisconsin, Stanford, Michigan State)

Mich St was 3-9 last year, ND was 4-8.

"Fans" like you who are just dumb are exactly what djack is talking about

I wonder why you didn't use their record from this year? hmm. Pretty sure one is 6-2 and another is a NC contender.

and I'm pretty sure ND manhandled us up front which is why we lost to that 4-8 team you just pointed out. They ran all over our defense for 5 yards a pop and shutdown our run game to 18 yards on 0.5 yards a carry.

All I'm saying is I want a great run offense and run defense that plays with a lot of physicality... I don't think that to much to ask.

Pretty sure Michigan State made the playoffs 2 years ago and has more 10 win season then we've had in the last 5 years playing that style of football same with Wisconsin... same with ND.. those were just down years. Tell me what their records were before last year? exactly.

point is.. when you can't run the ball and stop the run your team isn't going to be where you want them to be or beat who you want (and need) them to beat. We can't do neither (run O or D).

Last edited:
If at the beginning of the year, someone would have predicted that we would be undefeated heading into the VT game, despite (in no particular order)

AR 82 being injured
MW being out for the year
55 missing a few games
Rosier being the QB with N'Kosi redshirting
Losing Jenkins, Willis, Haskins and Gordinier and others for the year
etc etc etc

We would all be ECSTATIC.

This year is a GIFT. We are 1, maybe 2 years away from being dominant.

p.s. And add FSU and FU in danger of missing bowl games.....

Richt's 2017 Canes are a much better team than the 2015 team he inherited. Are there issues? Sure. Overall skill and depth is still a problem at some positions. The 2018 recruiting class is bringing in another stellar influx of talent.

Miami has been down since the end of 2005, Larry Coker's next-to-last last season.

Who the **** is Djack?... and since when was AG the gold standard?? .... he was the worst coach in the last 30 years of U football....

When we play like cr@p, fans will call them out. Get used to it...

Yes, we have been squeaking it out but there are plenty of reasons to be concerned...

A guy with 700 plus posts and doesn't know who Djax (one of our best players so far this year) is. :(

Don't care if he is the best player this year..... those of us who have been Cane fans for over 3 decades don't need advice on why they shouldn't be called out for their continual sloppy play.

I've been a season ticket holder since 81.

You can call out whoever you want but Djax shouldn't be one of them considering he's having a very good year so far.

Advertisement
Back