D. Chaney, K. Rodgers, J.Will

Odysseus

Freshman
Any injury update timelines, I know both Chaney & Rodgers sustained injuries in September anyone have any updates should they be expected to do anything this spring or just be 100% come August fall camp. I know Chaney will be featured guy but I think Rodgers at corner can get plenty snaps. For James would just love for him to attack the off season workouts and get all the safety snaps possible in spring.

Advertisement
So I know Chaney has a lot of potential and he was brought in to be the feature back but unfortunately, he seems as though he may be injury prone. Before we crown him as the de facto feature back, I think we have enough talented backs on the roster to keep the competition open. Whoever shows they deserves the spot, gets it.

Last edited:
Any injury update timelines, I know both Chaney & Rodgers sustained injuries in September anyone have any updates should they be expected to do anything this spring or just be 100% come August fall camp. I know Chaney will be featured guy but I think Rodgers at corner can get plenty snaps. For James would just love for him to attack the off season workouts and get all the safety snaps possible in spring.

What was Williams a groin or hernia?

Advertisement
So I know Chaney has a lot of potential and he was brought in to be the feature back but unfortunately, he seems as though me may be injury prone. Before we crown him as the de facto feature back, I think we have enough talented backs on the roster to keep the competition open. Whoever shows they deserves the spot, gets it.
Time is not on Chaneys side unfortunately. He going into his 3rd year. I honestly just see him being that much of factor moving forward. If Rooster can stay out of trouble i think he remains atop the depth chart.

Bringing in a RB in this class is huge

I agree, he’s looked good in spurts but his overall body of work has been over shadowed by Rooster and apparently Thad is the real deal. With that, Rooster does well in space and isn’t an in between the tackles every down back. He has to be paired with a complementary back like a Thad or Chaney. With Chaney always injured, that’s not a guarantee. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually gets overtaken on the depth chart and hits the portal. Would be a a shame as the only thing holding him back are injuries. Another quality back this cycle would be a bad idea.

Advertisement
His father had stated somewhere khamauri was ahead of schedule in his rehab recently so he'll probably be limited in the non contact red jersey all spring focused on recovery while slowly being pushed S & C wise by Feld's staff. He might be full go by summer if he truly is ahead of schedule right now. Chaney is the more unknown situation right now. I think we need to be extra cautious with him. If we bring in Parrish we'll have enough bodies for spring and summer to justify keeping Chaney in a bubble as much as possible until fall camp. If he's truly fully recovered he has NFL tools. We can't rush him like we did to D'Eriq.

So I know Chaney has a lot of potential and he was brought in to be the feature back but unfortunately, he seems as though he may be injury prone. Before we crown him as the de facto feature back, I think we have enough talented backs on the roster to keep the competition open. Whoever shows they deserves the spot, gets it.
Chaney played in 10 games as a freshman. Just because he tore a ligament one time in his college career doesn’t mean he is injury prone, it happens. Now if he had another tear next year then you could argue he’s injury prone.

Advertisement
Chaney has had 2 major ligament injuries-a knee and a shoulder. There are heritable disorders that involve connective tissue that stretches and tears easily. Its possible Chaney may have this. But Frank Gore had bilateral knee injuries and still went on to have one of the most productive careers in the NFL. So we will see how it goes.

You absolutely do not want that my friend lol.

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Time is not on Chaneys side unfortunately. He going into his 3rd year. I honestly just see him being that much of factor moving forward. If Rooster can stay out of trouble i think he remains atop the depth chart.

Bringing in a RB in this class is huge
Don't forget Chaney was listed as a "true freshman" in 2021 due to Covid. He then only played in 2 games in the 2021 season, so technically he could enter the 2022 as a red-shirt freshman with 3 years of eligibility remaining. He has more than enough time to become the back that everyone believes he can be.

Advertisement
Back