D. Chaney, K. Rodgers, J.Will

Yes I believe that was lingering from HS though. Kid was the bell cow for his team in HS. He’s really only had one injury from college and that’s the ligament.

Yeah, but that shoulder limited him, which also played a part in his off season conditioning. So it’s not far-fetched to say injury prone, bro.

Advertisement
Franklin low key reminds me of AJ Dillon. He’s the type of back that’ll wear down the opposing defense. We can legit have a Thunder & Lightning combo at RB.

I really want Chaney to get healthy, healthy. I don’t want him rushed back.
He reminds me of Pooh Bear Williams

Time is not on Chaneys side unfortunately. He going into his 3rd year. I honestly just see him being that much of factor moving forward. If Rooster can stay out of trouble i think he remains atop the depth chart.

Bringing in a RB in this class is huge
You may be right. But medicine has come a long way. The way guys are recovering now even from Achilles is insane, so ACL can be overcome. To me he’s the best runner and I hope he comes back ready. It’ll be 10-11 months by season so he should be.

Chaney Jr is the man. Deserved way more reps imo. Open competition and he and Rooster will be a great 1-2 either way.
With TVD and these guys, bet the over this year.

Advertisement
Franklin let himself go last offseason. Does he have the discipline and work ethic to handle a hard-nosed coaching staff?

Michael Richards Eating GIF

Listen here Gangstas! All of the RBs are capable to be starters & produce at a very high level but if Don Chaney is healthy, he’s the most talented back on this team & its not klose! I love Knighton & Thad but neither of them can see Chaney if he’s healthy. I know dats a big if doe

Advertisement
Listen here Gangstas! All of the RBs are capable to be starters & produce at a very high level but if Don Chaney is healthy, he’s the most talented back on this team & its not klose! I love Knighton & Thad but neither of them can see Chaney if he’s healthy. I know dats a big if doe

Completely different players though. A good OC will find a way to get Knighton on the field no matter where he's lined up. Chaney is a true tailback.

Thad Franklin should be RB1 if he can shed some baby fat and improve his strength/speed this offseason. He has elite size and a great feel for hitting the hole with power. Have Knighton be the change of pace back/ 3rd down.
I'm honestly perplexed that I don't see this opinion far more often. I feel this should be consensus as opposed to coming across as a hot take. I know Franklin is young and hasn't gotten a lot of PT, but the same can be said about many of our best players during the Diaz regime. Rooster is clearly not an efficient every down back. He's a special player, but just look at his YPC - 3.9 isn't cutting it. He would be FAR more efficient on 10 touches per game rather than 20+. Honestly, 1/3 to 1/2 of his touches should be receptions.

Thad has been pretty impressive in his limited PT, and shows all the skills necessary to be a feature back.

I'd have no problem seeing two backs on the field more often, with Knighton being moved between the back field and out in the slot, a lot can be done with that kind of versatility.

Advertisement
Everyone from last season that was hurt and still on the team will be sitting out spring. You name them and they’re not playing in the spring. I don’t know about the 2022 kid.

Advertisement
Back