D’Eriq King holding teammates accountable

Advertisement
The only question is Manny.

If he shows mental toughness and strong leadership body language when the inevitable adversity hits, we will be fine.

It’s easy to appear savage and ride yachts and catch phrases in the offseason. The look in your eyes when adversity rears it’s head what shows who you really are.

When Manny got punched in the mouth, he lost his composure. That picture of the Butch handshake was our season in a nut shell. The team played soft because that’s what Manny brought when the going got tough. Problem is, the going always gets tough. Strong coaches overcome.

I like Manny. I think he has potential to be really good, but he has to develop more confidence, poise, and ferocity. If he does, he will win a lot of games. If he doesn’t, the nightmare will continue.

I don’t care if he has to meditate, practice PsychoCybernetics, get a Navy Seal consultant or whatever else. Manny has to sack up. No more looking like a lost little kid on the sideline when things are not going well.

That is the only thing between him and a stellar career at Miami. The problem is it is the most important and hardest to develop aspect of being a championship coach.
I'll never forget that lost look in his eyes when we were struggling with BCU last year. Up 14-0 and couldn't do squat for the better part of the first half. Then the CMU game, him milking the clock before calling a timeout with 12:30 left in the game. Trying to use up as much clock as possible... against CMU.

He needs to grow up in a hurry. Dump the trinkets, stop the celebration tracking, stop the BS. Toughen up and instil some discipline already.

The only question is Manny.

If he shows mental toughness and strong leadership body language when the inevitable adversity hits, we will be fine.

It’s easy to appear savage and ride yachts and catch phrases in the offseason. The look in your eyes when adversity rears it’s head what shows who you really are.

When Manny got punched in the mouth, he lost his composure. That picture of the Butch handshake was our season in a nut shell. The team played soft because that’s what Manny brought when the going got tough. Problem is, the going always gets tough. Strong coaches overcome.

I like Manny. I think he has potential to be really good, but he has to develop more confidence, poise, and ferocity. If he does, he will win a lot of games. If he doesn’t, the nightmare will continue.

I don’t care if he has to meditate, practice PsychoCybernetics, get a Navy Seal consultant or whatever else. Manny has to sack up. No more looking like a lost little kid on the sideline when things are not going well.

That is the only thing between him and a stellar career at Miami. The problem is it is the most important and hardest to develop aspect of being a championship coach.
I always look at the sideline when **** is going bad. It usually tells you everything you need to know. Good post.

I'll never forget that lost look in his eyes when we were struggling with BCU last year. Up 14-0 and couldn't do squat for the better part of the first half. Then the CMU game, him milking the clock before calling a timeout with 12:30 left in the game. Trying to use up as much clock as possible... against CMU.

He needs to grow up in a hurry. Dump the trinkets, stop the celebration tracking, stop the BS. Toughen up and instil some discipline already.

They have slowed down on twitter antics it seems so I think he has learned from some of his mistakes he made last year, or at least I hope so

I’m a firm believer in coaches not being judged off of 1 years worth of work. With Manny I found it harder than usual to stick to that because the most telling thing to me was the fact that he was 0-4 in games he had extra time to prepare for. Those games are a good coaches BREAD AND BUTTER. If you give a good coach extra time to prepare it’s almost unfair (ex. Belichick, Payton, Dabo, Saban, etc...). It felt like Manny somehow had us less prepped on extra time than he did on normal weeks.
If we don’t win 10 this year with this schedule and this QB, I just don’t see how you can justify keeping him around.

Advertisement
I’m a firm believer in coaches not being judged off of 1 years worth of work. With Manny I found it harder than usual to stick to that because the most telling thing to me was the fact that he was 0-4 in games he had extra time to prepare for. Those games are a good coaches BREAD AND BUTTER. If you give a good coach extra time to prepare it’s almost unfair (ex. Belichick, Payton, Dabo, Saban, etc...). It felt like Manny somehow had us less prepped on extra time than he did on normal weeks.
If we don’t win 10 this year with this schedule and this QB, I just don’t see how you can justify keeping him around.
And it's not like we were playing powerful teams coming off those bye weeks. Jeez. We looked worse every single time.

And it's not like we were playing powerful teams coming off those bye weeks. Jeez. We looked worse every single time.
Exactly. I’m still willing to give him the BotD with a new OC that actually knows what he’s doing, but all of the hate he’s gotten is I think pretty reasonable all things considered. Normally I’d say it’s stupid to hate on him after one year but man that one year showed a lot of worrying trends.

Exactly. I’m still willing to give him the BotD with a new OC that actually knows what he’s doing, but all of the hate he’s gotten is I think pretty reasonable all things considered. Normally I’d say it’s stupid to hate on him after one year but man that one year showed a lot of worrying trends.
I'm all for giving him another year, but he HAS to correct some things. Stop blaming the culture he helped create, for starters. CHANGE the culture, not complain about the culture.

I'm all for giving him another year, but he HAS to correct some things. Stop blaming the culture he helped create, for starters. CHANGE the culture, not complain about the culture.
It felt like last year he was trying so hard to bring back the bad boy/Miami vice feel to the team like back in the days and we didn’t have the players or personnel for that lol

Advertisement
If given the opportunity to yes. He looked liked one of the 2 most explosive receivers(wiggins the other imo) we had last year when he did get the ball
They gon find out the hard way...

I'm not letting none of'em on the bandwagon though... They better keep that same energy the whole season.

In the Lashlee quick release offense I will buy all the Pope stock anyone is selling. Wiggins too,

Advertisement
This is the first time I’ve had this much confidence in a qb since Dorsey. I’m about as optimistic for this team as I can allow myself to get.

I will always be optimistic in the offseason.

I won’t bring out the knives until we start losing winnable games over dumb ****, which has happened every year for **** near two decades.

Chomping at the bit for 2020 to get rolling regardless.

Advertisement
Brother YOU NAILED IT 🙌🙌🙌.

If Willie went inside hard then so be it I drove him but hard he played high and I’d get under him as he grasped nothing but air same if he boxed just pushed him away , wasn’t rocket science he had NO TECH JUST POWER , I had some power but not senior AA power .

Just took him where he wanted to go just out of the play , he never adjusted just brute strength .
We won that game 7-6 then lost the rest including Miami High and the following year also you were probably gone by my time ,I’m 62 1976 S.W. grad
Yes, Southwest lost to us in all three years of my Varsity ball (73, 74, & 75). I'm from the Graduating Class of '76 as well.

Advertisement
Back