Cyrus Moss in the portal

Wasn’t his dad basically putting all the blame on UM’s nutritional staff as the reason behind his son’s weight issues. Some dudes just can’t gain weight no matter how much they eat. We’ve all had that one friend, or known that one person who’s like that.

Yeah, we all hate that friend. ****, I walk by the refrigerator and gain three pounds. :toad:

Advertisement
I said from day one he didn't have the frame to be a DE. He literally had the same frame as Lance Leggett. Wish him well and it's unfortunate for him, but hopefully he catches on somewhere and gets his degree.

Man is a hard gainer it seems. Only at 220, per reports, but doesn't look 220 at all.

He's just getting over recruited, too. At this point, I'm unsure he'd ever play here. Before 2 full recruiting cycle, we've added 8 freshman EDGE rushers. Bain, Wayne, Collins Acheampong (didn't even look up how to spell that. suck it.), Lightfoot, Pickett, Rudolph (when they recruit another 'undersized' guy, you know your time is up), and Collin McCarthy's brother Cole McConathy. Throw on top of it, the transfer, Campbell (more of a DT I suppose, but EDGE per the sites), and we are going to continue recruiting EDGE rushers in the portal.

Speaking of...we getting Waffle Honcho, Other Okunlola? He'd be a nice piece.

Advertisement
Has Moss been on a keto diet? How in the world can a college football player still look like a toothpick after two seasons?

The question is, does he even catch on at a P5 school? I mean, G5 might be the best place for him. Can’t blame kids who see the writing on the wall. Best of luck for him.

Advertisement
I had a DL train for a pro day and dude was eating like every hour to the point he wanted to vomit and still couldn’t put on the weight needed to play DT beyond college. He was a tweener. Great G5 player and played some arena ball but couldn’t put/keep the weight in for the next level no matter how much he ate/trained. Moss needed steroids legit to gain the weight he needed
Exactly
Miami is the steroid capital
And it’s a shame if we don’t take advantage

Saw that coming when he couldn't even get on the field in blowouts vs scrubs at the beggining of the season. Hopefully he goes somewhere with a coaching staff that can find some way to get him on the field

Advertisement
I hope he wasn't, because that's just ridiculous.
Very… I remember JP15 coming here and looking like moss railing.. I remember a pic of him walking back to his room and thinking that kid will be a few years stash… to my surprise that next season he was rocked up and looked to have gained 30-40 pounds.

Zion is another who came in way undersized and quickly gained…

Very… I remember JP15 coming here and looking like moss railing.. I remember a pic of him walking back to his room and thinking that kid will be a few years stash… to my surprise that next season he was rocked up and looked to have gained 30-40 pounds.

That's the thing. This kid has been in a nutrition and S&C program and gained like 15 lbs in a year+.

Advertisement
He looked ublockable off the edge in the spring. Clearly he had potential to be rated as highly as he was.

2022 class was really lifted in the rankings by Mario grabbing skinner, moss, and citizen at the last minute. 2 years and none have done a thing. I guess there was a reason they were available late. 2022 freshman class was pretty awful in hindsight.

citizen blew out his knee. It's not fair to say "there was a reason he was available"

Last edited:
The question is, does he even catch on at a P5 school? I mean, G5 might be the best place for him. Can’t blame kids who see the writing on the wall. Best of luck for him.
He needs to go P5 where he can earn some playing time without being completely overwhelmed by bigger OL.

Somewhere like Troy under Sumrall (or Tulane if he ends up there) would be a home run fit for him.

Jp15 is completely different
He was big then shrunk bc of injuries
Dude was a freak out of hs

Advertisement
Back