Cyrus Moss in the portal

Advertisement
Youre-a-genius GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Sucks but he wasn’t going to see the field. Best of luck to him. He took a chance on Mario and Miami that first class so respect that. Always figured he was a 2-3 years away cause of weight. He looks like a slot WR still. Sucks he couldn’t put on any weight while here. He might be able to play G5 where is athletics wins

I'm a Mario guy but he takes the L here, He was recruiting him for Oregon and then continued that recruitment here. Bad evaluation. Narrow shoulders indicate a slight frame that will have difficulty putting on weight.
I mean yeah, it’s going to happen. No shame. Look at the two jags he brought from Oregon and that’s Mirabal and his expertise.

Advertisement
Best of luck

A lot of fat unathletic low testosterone posters here don’t know how difficult it can be for some kids to gain weight

Good prospect still

I had a DL train for a pro day and dude was eating like every hour to the point he wanted to vomit and still couldn’t put on the weight needed to play DT beyond college. He was a tweener. Great G5 player and played some arena ball but couldn’t put/keep the weight in for the next level no matter how much he ate/trained. Moss needed steroids legit to gain the weight he needed

Could never put the weight on. Sucks, because he seemed like he had potential and seemed to dominate our spring games. Anyways, expected departure and good luck
He looked ublockable off the edge in the spring. Clearly he had potential to be rated as highly as he was.

2022 class was really lifted in the rankings by Mario grabbing skinner, moss, and citizen at the last minute. 2 years and none have done a thing. I guess there was a reason they were available late. 2022 freshman class was pretty awful in hindsight.

The ‘22 class was a flat out disaster, both portal and HS. Although Mario didn’t have much time to do anything regarding the HS kids.

Set this program back even further. Nonetheless, good luck Cyrus and hope he can find a role as an OLB elsewhere.

Advertisement
the Moss and Skinner commitments were nice recruiting wins in the moment, but the data on the very first classes new coaches have signed in the early signing era (with usually less than a few months to work) is very bad -- typically these classes do not stay together because kids are jumping into situations where they have not established longterm relationships (be it with the coach or the school). we've already lost 3 of our top 4 rated commits in that class (Moss, Skinner, Graves) and 4 of the top 6 (Khamauri Rogers). again, the data tells you this happens to basically every coach so we're not unique here, but anything we get from that class is pretty much gravy at this point.

The ‘22 class was a flat out disaster, both portal and HS. Although Mario didn’t have much time to do anything regarding the HS kids.

Set this program back even further. Nonetheless, good luck Cyrus and hope he can find a role as an OLB elsewhere.
2020-2021-2022 have been miserable

No wonder our teams are still struggling brutally

Advertisement
Wasn’t his dad basically putting all the blame on UM’s nutritional staff as the reason behind his son’s weight issues. Some dudes just can’t gain weight no matter how much they eat. We’ve all had that one friend, or known that one person who’s like that.
yep lmao

we went from a joke to dominating the trenches on both sides in 2 years but our nutrition and weight program must suck because Cyrus can't gain weight

I didn't see this post before I made mine (above) but it's worth keeping in mind that these shotgun classes in the early signing era are almost always a disaster. Bud Elliott has talked about this a lot. you have decisions on an entire recruiting class -- years of work -- being made in 4-6 weeks. if you can get a handful of kids out of those classes who actually contribute for 2-3 years that's a success.

Advertisement

Top 15 class too.

Advertisement
Back