Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

Advertisement
Gaby seems to think we may make Riley work as well. He thought maybe push for Riley commitment this weekend then if not, roll with Mikeska
Aha, this at least somewhat confirms my theories:

1. If Riley wants in, he has a spot regardless of what the other two decide. Would make no sense to bring him in if there was no opening.
  2. Mikeska has cancelled his UF visit. Clearly has made up his mind between his top two options. Unclear to me if his UM offer is conditional on Riley's visit/decision. If it is dependent on Riley OR if its not UM, absolutely no reason not to visit the Gates. So I'm thinking he actually has a slot and they will take his commitment right now.
  3. If all three want in, they will make it work.
Regarding point #3, if in fact they take three, that either means they're taking one less elsewhere or they're taking a mega class due to the COVID IC exception. I can't see them taking less than four WR and most likely we're taking 1-2 RB. Unclear how many ATH, could be that's where this extra slot would come from.

1. If Riley wants in, he has a spot regardless of what the other two decide. Would make no sense to bring him in if there was no opening.
  2. Mikeska has cancelled his UF visit. Clearly has made up his mind between his top two options. Unclear to me if his UM offer is conditional on Riley's visit/decision. If it is dependent on Riley OR if its not UM, absolutely no reason not to visit the Gates. So I'm thinking he actually has a slot and they will take his commitment right now.
Regarding point #3, if in fact they take three, that either means they're taking one less elsewhere or they're taking a mega class due to the COVID IC exception. I can't see them taking less than four WR and most likely we're taking 1-2 RB. Unclear how many ATH, could be that's where this extra slot would come from.

Didn't you hear, Florida told Mikeska that they are not taking any TEs this year? Then, 5 minutes later, Gaypier decided to start recruiting a 5-star TE.

Advertisement

form champion GIF

Rasta on the Sixth Ring Canes show tonight had two points regarding 3 TEs

1. If all three want in, you take them
  2. He's heard rumors that the coaches are fine taking 3 TEs this cycle, the coaches will figure out the roster management implications later.

Here's a direct link to his comments:

Advertisement
3 TEs in one class? Sheesh. Hey if Mario can make it work, do it. But that sounds like a very crowded room.

And this wont do anything to squash the negative WR recruiting that we are getting around the offense being catered more to RBs and TEs.

And this wont do anything to squash the negative WR recruiting that we are getting around the offense being catered more to RBs and TEs.
That is an interesting point on negative recruiting and there may be validity to it until we see the Gattis offense in the fall. However, as we've learned, Mario has a plan and he won't allow others to distract him from executing it (ala the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep).

Advertisement
That is an interesting point on negative recruiting and there may be validity to it until we see the Gattis offense in the fall. However, as we've learned, Mario has a plan and he won't allow others to distract him from executing it (ala the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep).

Just tell the WRs "why in the **** would we be recruiting you and paying you a lot of NIL money if we wanted to sit you on the bench? Yes, the last coach left us some great RBs and TEs, and not such great WRs, but that's why we want you here, to change all of that."

Lots of buzz on 3 TEs on various media (folks reading this thread? LOL). State Of the U with this reminder of how they could all be on the field at the same time.

Advertisement
Is the staff comfortable taking 3 TE's to try and get those numbers up with Mallory done after this year and having so few numbers on the roster? Really hoping we're still in it for Riley Williams as well.
Not sure what you mean by having so few? Right now, we have mallory, arroyo, skinner, Brantley and mammorelli(sp)! we only lose mallory unless we have a transfer.so if mikeska committs along with carver we good. You take williams if he wants in. We good on numbers either way.

Not sure what you mean by having so few? Right now, we have mallory, arroyo, skinner, Brantley and mammorelli(sp)! we only lose mallory unless we have a transfer.so if mikeska committs along with carver we good. You take williams if he wants in. We good on numbers either way.
I meant more so that we have so few true TE's. I consider Brantley more of an H Back type and Mammorelli realistically shouldn't be seeing any meaningful snaps on a very good team. When you consider we will be left with Arroyo, Skinner, Brantley, and Mammorelli going into next year before we consider who we get from this recruiting class, 4 TEs on a team with an OC that likes to emphasize TE play is way to few.

I meant more so that we have so few true TE's. I consider Brantley more of an H Back type and Mammorelli realistically shouldn't be seeing any meaningful snaps on a very good team. When you consider we will be left with Arroyo, Skinner, Brantley, and Mammorelli going into next year before we consider who we get from this recruiting class, 4 TEs on a team with an OC that likes to emphasize TE play is way to few.
Your 💯 spot on cuz if i wasn't a die hard i would forget bout brantley and has mammo caught a pass in a game yet? So, im all for carver, mikeska and williams!

Rasta on the Sixth Ring Canes show tonight had two points regarding 3 TEs

1. If all three want in, you take them
  2. He's heard rumors that the coaches are fine taking 3 TEs this cycle, the coaches will figure out the roster management implications later.

Here's a direct link to his comments:

Who is Rasta?

Advertisement
Back