CWS 2021 thread

Advertisement
Useless interesting info:
As we know, Leiter will be on the mound for start the CWS finals for Vandy.
His dad holds the NJ HS record for strikeouts in a game with 32.

Last edited:
I’m in Omaha today and tomorrow night. Thought about going to the game but think I’ll do steak dinner instead of SEC love fest.

I’m in Omaha today and tomorrow night. Thought about going to the game but think I’ll do steak dinner instead of SEC love fest.
The SEC was stacked seed-wise going in.
A single game loss on Friday flips the narrative to "somewhat disappointing" for them if their 1,3 and 4 seeds don't make it to the finals.
But, here we are.

Last edited:
Man I would go just to watch Leiter/Rocker in person. Nothing better than watching guys like that live and imagine trying to hit that. That's the best thing about Omaha (outside of DJ's Dugout or the Rhino in Carter Lake of course)

Advertisement
Man I would go just to watch Leiter/Rocker in person. Nothing better than watching guys like that live and imagine trying to hit that. That's the best thing about Omaha (outside of DJ's Dugout or the Rhino in Carter Lake of course)
Is this thing over in 2?

Advertisement
Yes. Vandy was gifted a rest day and now has two Top 5 MLB arms to throw at MSU who blew their Ace the same game Vandy got the bye. It was BS, but Vandy I likely ending them in 2 IMO.
Don’t forget about that freshman they got throwing tomorrow. He’s likely another future 1st rounder.

Advertisement
They aren't coming back with Rocker???
Won’t til Wednesday. No need to push him out there after 3 days when you got Little on 6 days rest.

Well let me rephrase this. Idk who’s throwing, but if they don’t go Little and then Rocker, Corbin has lost his mind.

Won’t til Wednesday. No need to push him out there after 3 days when you got Little on 6 days rest.
He threw 6 innings on the 25th? Is Little the confirmed starter? Little will be good but his ERA is almost double the aces and his OBA is 100 points higher. When can Bednar go again for the Dogs? He can throw with the bes of them.

I can see it both ways, see what Corbin does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just a hypothetical and assuming Vanderbilt wins the series….
Could some of (or any of) the polls vote NCSU #1? I doubt it but just thinking how UCF in football got voted #1 by one of the “recognized” entities.

Just a hypothetical and assuming Vanderbilt wins the series….
Could some of (or any of) the polls vote NCSU #1? I doubt it but just thinking how UCF in football got voted #1 by one of the “recognized” entities.
I would say 0% chance, but I do feel bad for them.

He threw 6 innings on the 25th? Is Little the confirmed starter? Little will be good but his ERA is almost double the aces and his OBA is 100 points higher. When can Bednar go again for the Dogs? He can throw with the bes of them.

I can see it both ways, see what Corbin does.
Rocker threw 111 pitches Friday. That’s 3 days rest if he goes tomorrow. Bednar threw 97 on Saturday. You have to like your chances if you’re Vandy in that scenario.

Also tomorrow is house money. Why would you come back early with Kumar and risk losing and being left with a Freshman #3 with the title on the line?

Rocker threw 111 pitches Friday. That’s 3 days rest if he goes tomorrow. Bednar threw 97 on Saturday. You have to like your chances if you’re Vandy in that scenario.

Also tomorrow is house money. Why would you come back early with Kumar and risk losing and being left with a Freshman #3 with the title on the line?
I don't know what he will do but I won't be shocked if Kumar throws tomorrow night. Little is a big drop-off from the Leiter and Rocker. There are some serious arms on this series on both teams. I imagine we will see Leiter, Rocker, Little, Bodnar and Sims in the bigs soon enough.

See what Corbin does, Vandy is in the driver's seat and Covid and the NCAA gave them a big boost. I think I would do what you are saying but Rocker is lobbying I'm sure. I think the smart play though is your scenario.

Advertisement
Back