Curtis Porter (aka the Loch Ness Monster)

Advertisement

Dude is built like big van vader.

#UM coach Al Golden said DT Curtis Porter has been battling a back issue the past couple days. Not good news considering injury history. Manny Nav

You were saying????

Advertisement
Probably nothing serious. Thats why Renfrow is such a God send. Could you imagine if our only backup for Porter was Earl Moore or Corey King? Smh..We would be in BIG trouble. They need at least another year.

He'll be our best DT since Vinny Wilfork. He's gonna fck people this year.

If he stays healthy I see him being one of the top DT's in college. Effort and health will take him far.

He will also have a good NFL career if he stays healthy. If Fartskin can hang around the league then this kid can be all-world.

Advertisement
He's still practicing in full-pads (at the beginning of the clip)...

[video=vimeo;73139040]http://vimeo.com/73139040[/video]

If he stays healthy. Well, right. History says 4 games. Golden is certifiable if he plays him more than two/three series against Fwhatever. Just enough to get some contact and break a sweat. We should be up 24-0 midway through the second quarter, and he won't be needed anyway. He should sit and get ready for the Gator.

Sore back is different than saying he has a back injury. I'm sure the staff will be keeping a close eye on the number of snaps he gets, especially early on. Considering how few snaps he has taken over the last couple of years and even with him being leaner, having some back soreness is not something to be too concerned about. Yet.

Advertisement
Probably nothing serious. Thats why Renfrow is such a God send. Could you imagine if our only backup for Porter was Earl Moore or Corey King? Smh..We would be in BIG trouble. They need at least another year.

You mean the starters from last year.

Advertisement
At times in the remote past I once thought of Porter becoming a dominant player. Unfortunately I just don't see it at this point. Maybe it's just the lack of games or the fade of recollection but I think we're hoping for a santonio Thomas type of player here and not a standout. That's JMO, but I think it's better supported by reality than Porter being some Wilfork.

If he can help us be stout against the run then hopefully we can get teams to third and long and play games. I think Porter will always flash here and there but it's probably a mistake looking for a season of dominance. I'm actually more optimistic about the fact that we seem to have multiple different types of players to throw inside including some guys who may be able to disrupt with speed and activity as opposed to just standing up a blocker.

You mean the starters from last year.

And our primary backups next year. Let's get in some more JuCos!

Al's got a lot of time between now and then to get on the waiver wire. Look at what he did this off-season.

Advertisement
Back