Curtis Dunlap

Advertisement
What about his crystal balls?

Kaaya to Boise?

DJ to Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're thinking of Bartow, who seems to be anti-UM with a lot of his picks. Wiltfong is probably the most accurate/connected 247 guy. Hardly ever misses once he makes his pick

No, I'm thinking about the crystal ball nonsense in general. If a 247 "analyst" predicted Whoopi to Miami and then updated to Maryland the day before he flopped on us, the "analyst" gets credit for an accurate pick.

kid needs to lose about 20 pounds, hopefully IMG does that for him. At both Orlando and Miami Nike camps he sometimes seemed like his feet were in cement

Advertisement
Wonder what wiltfrog did to become so entrenched in the recruiting game

Wonder what wiltfrog did to become so entrenched in the recruiting game

giphy.jpg

Last edited:
What about his crystal balls?

Kaaya to Boise?

DJ to Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're thinking of Bartow, who seems to be anti-UM with a lot of his picks. Wiltfong is probably the most accurate/connected 247 guy. Hardly ever misses once he makes his pick

No, I'm thinking about the crystal ball nonsense in general. If a 247 "analyst" predicted Whoopi to Miami and then updated to Maryland the day before he flopped on us, the "analyst" gets credit for an accurate pick.

I'm well aware of that. Of course a large number of people who put picks in are guessing, and there are also plenty who flip their picks last minute to make it look like they were right (Ryan Bartow is probably the biggest offender in that regard, which is why his percentage is so high). However, again... Steve Wiltfong is not one of those guys. Pretty sure he's the head recruiting guy, but he is also right a very large majority of the time, without flipping his picks like Bartow does. He sticks by his CBs and also usually writes up a piece explaining his pick and posts it on the site of the CB's recipient. Highly respected national recruiting guy.

Edit: Looking at the quote chain, I was talking to jerseyshorecane anyway. Bartow was the dude who CB'd DJ to USC and then flipped it to Washington.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dunlap must be an above average guard with over 30+ offers...kid is 350+ lbs and only 17 years old..

Its insane how much we're killing it at IMG unlike any school that ive ever seen in one cycle

Northwestern

Let's pray to God this IMG class turns out better than the multiple busts from Northwestern that year.

Marcus Forston was a 5 star, can't miss player. Aldarius Johnson was a 4 star. Tommy Streeter was a 4 star (at least he had one good year) Sean Spence delivered the goods though.

Its insane how much we're killing it at IMG unlike any school that ive ever seen in one cycle

Northwestern

Let's pray to God this IMG class turns out better than the multiple busts from Northwestern that year.

Marcus Forston was a 5 star, can't miss player. Aldarius Johnson was a 4 star. Tommy Streeter was a 4 star (at least he had one good year) Sean Spence delivered the goods though.
Not sure the failures were on the those kids or the adults who recruited them, mentored them and coached them. That regime did so much less with more talent than maybe Ron Zook at UF.

Advertisement

Northwestern

Not sure the failures were on the those kids or the adults who recruited them, mentored them and coached them. That regime did so much less with more talent than maybe Ron Zook at UF.

Failure was on RS and staff

Northwestern

Failure was on RS and staff

Amongst many ogthers

I'm generally not a huge fan of HS OL and DT who are morbidly obese. I question their work ethic and discipline, which become hugely important factors if you expect to excel at the high P5 level. Not always the case, but it's true far more often than not.

Advertisement
I'm generally not a huge fan of HS OL and DT who are morbidly obese. I question their work ethic and discipline, which become hugely important factors if you expect to excel at the high P5 level. Not always the case, but it's true far more often than not.

Very good point, another concern I have is a player's motor at that weight. That usually answers the question of work ethic.

Just wait until Big Gus gets him in the strength & conditioning program and redefinds his body

According to a source. Miami not one of his top schools right now, straight from horses mouth. Not sure it's whether Miami cooled or from the other end.

Last edited:
According to a source. Miami not one of his top schools right now, straight from horses mouth.

That makes zero sense considering what his img teammates were saying a few weeks ago and the vibes from the last visit. Oh well

Advertisement
Back