currently one scholarship open/manny not happy

Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

I have no idea if Diaz is the answer...but I assure you Shannon is/was not.

WRONG.

Facts are Randy Shannon is proven twice the D-coordinator Diaz is.

You can use that talent excuse all day long. But Al Golden would have taken that same talent from randys early 2000's defensive teams.. Made them 2 gap, read and react and they would have sucked *** with that same talent. He would have benched ED reed for "freelancing" too much.

Randy wasn't a good HC. cool. BUT randy is a great DC. and just because he doesn't take a job just to say he has one doesn't mean he's not offered them.

As if Randy couldn't get a job at some College as a HC or DC. He could, but just like most coaches, he wants a job at a place he can actually win at or else he can just stay a position coach and make **** good money without all the responsibility.

you don't think coach KOOl was offered a bunch of DC spots?

Would you rather be DC at Colorado or head coach at Tulane, or dline coach at miami?

I wanted randy fired and fast, as head coach. But at the end of the day, hes a CANE. and was a **** good defensive coordinator and i refuse to let anyone talk bad about Randy when it comes to him coaching a defense.

Dogg him as a HC, cool, its warranted. But stfu about him not being a good DC and he had talent and blah blah blah...

Diaz Doesn't hold a candle to randy shannon. PERIOD .

HOLY ****.

I'm not even sure if this post is serious or if you're trolling. I'll just say this cause if you're being serious I have no interest in engaging this logic.

Shannon's defenses were absolutely SHREDDED by teams with a heartbeat offensively. His defenses "ranked" well at the end of the season cause his Man under, cover 2 vanilla scheme combined with elite talent DOMINATES the lesser opponents on the schedule.

But when you get a chance, and you're not busy...revisit the Louisville games, the LSU game, and pretty much any other team with an offensive heartbeat that Shannon faced while he was "coordinating" the defense.

I'll say it again ...there's a ******* reason Shannon isn't COORDINATING **** these days. There's a reason crossing routes and TE's absolutely destroyed us during Shannon's tenure (and the same can be said for D'onfrio) and it's cause you CAN'T RUN THE SAME VANILLA DEFENSE ON EVERY **** DOWN AND DISTANCE. Whether it's Shannon's Man under cover 2 or Onfrio's passive cover 3....it simply doesn't work.

And one more thing...I'm not comparing Diaz to Shannon or saying Diaz is better or worse than Shannon. That , to me, is still unproven. I'll state it very clearly for the record that what I'm saying is that Shannon is overrated garbage as a DC. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMao at this fool talking about Randy being Vanilla..... As if having an exotic defense helps you sooooo much in college football.

Last i checked, Michigan State was vanilla AF. pretty much copying Randy's defense of old and dominating with it.

You guys are dumb af

Randy is that you?

Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

WRONG.

You can use that talent excuse all day long. But Al Golden would have taken that same talent from randys early 2000's defensive teams.. Made them 2 gap, read and react and they would have sucked *** with that same talent. He would have benched ED reed for "freelancing" too much.

Randy wasn't a good HC. cool. BUT randy is a great DC. and just because he doesn't take a job just to say he has one doesn't mean he's not offered them.

As if Randy couldn't get a job at some College as a HC or DC. He could, but just like most coaches, he wants a job at a place he can actually win at or else he can just stay a position coach and make **** good money without all the responsibility.

Would you rather be DC at Colorado or head coach at Tulane, or dline coach at miami?

I wanted randy fired and fast, as head coach. But at the end of the day, hes a CANE. and was a **** good defensive coordinator and i refuse to let anyone talk bad about Randy when it comes to him coaching a defense.

Dogg him as a HC, cool, its warranted. But stfu about him not being a good DC and he had talent and blah blah blah...

HOLY ****.

I'm not even sure if this post is serious or if you're trolling. I'll just say this cause if you're being serious I have no interest in engaging this logic.

Shannon's defenses were absolutely SHREDDED by teams with a heartbeat offensively. His defenses "ranked" well at the end of the season cause his Man under, cover 2 vanilla scheme combined with elite talent DOMINATES the lesser opponents on the schedule.

But when you get a chance, and you're not busy...revisit the Louisville games, the LSU game, and pretty much any other team with an offensive heartbeat that Shannon faced while he was "coordinating" the defense.

I'll say it again ...there's a ****ing reason Shannon isn't COORDINATING **** these days. There's a reason crossing routes and TE's absolutely destroyed us during Shannon's tenure (and the same can be said for D'onfrio) and it's cause you CAN'T RUN THE SAME VANILLA DEFENSE ON EVERY **** DOWN AND DISTANCE. Whether it's Shannon's Man under cover 2 or Onfrio's passive cover 3....it simply doesn't work.

And one more thing...I'm not comparing Diaz to Shannon or saying Diaz is better or worse than Shannon. That , to me, is still unproven. I'll state it very clearly for the record that what I'm saying is that Shannon is overrated garbage as a DC. Period.

I can't even entertain the idiocy in this post. Every other statement is a contradiction.

You got it bro. Randy Shannon is terrible.

WRONG.

HOLY ****.

I'll say it again ...there's a ****ing reason Shannon isn't COORDINATING **** these days. There's a reason crossing routes and TE's absolutely destroyed us during Shannon's tenure (and the same can be said for D'onfrio) and it's cause you CAN'T RUN THE SAME VANILLA DEFENSE ON EVERY **** DOWN AND DISTANCE. Whether it's Shannon's Man under cover 2 or Onfrio's passive cover 3....it simply doesn't work.

I can't even entertain the idiocy in this post. Every other statement is a contradiction.

You got it bro. Randy Shannon is terrible.

**** straight

And oh yes...your post just oozes of intelligence.

More logic and intelligence in my post than anything you've ever typed on this sight. I don't have the energy to go back and forth with dumb asses who make no sense and want to rag on Cane fam anytime they get. Friggin pathetic

Advertisement
shannon didnt get us in the shapiro mess. if anything he stopped him
as for being a DC he is clearly better then Diaz but im sure you will point out that he had talent. and with that amount of talent a cave man could have been that good. Dis like the man for being a avg. head coach but dont take away from him being a good DC.

Tell me thEn...How exactly is Randy better thAn Diaz?

Last edited:
lulz at Randy "stopping" Shapiro. His freaking recruiting coordinator was cashing checks from Shapiro. Randy was too busy monitoring message boards for negative comments about him from parents.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He helped invent the word "vanilla". There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level. Shannon's defenses were absolutely SHREDDED by teams with a heartbeat offensively.

ij8g4b.jpg

You can't just move them to fullback. In this scheme you have to really want to play fullback. I highly doubt that any of our current rb want to go head on with a lb 20 times a game.
Can Gus or Choc not play fullback? At this point they should be starting RB and if they can't break the 2 deep as juniors 1 should be moved to FB. It's not like we have 2 superstars they just aren't as good as infront. Don't get me wrong, I think Yearby and Walton are pretty good but these guys have the size and speed to be legit fb if they know how to block.

move on of those blocking TE to full back than

Advertisement
There will be attrition this spring, hopefully we are able to add some players on the waiver wire.

More logic and intelligence in my post than anything you've ever typed on this sight. I don't have the energy to go back and forth with dumb asses who make no sense and want to rag on Cane fam anytime they get. Friggin pathetic

The next semblance of intelligence that exists in any of your posts will be a first.

Let me repeat it for you S L O W L Y.....Randy Shannon currently isn't coordinating S H I T.

If he was a "great" coordinator, he'd be "coordinating"

If he was a "good" coordinator, he'd be "coordinating"

If he was a "decent" coordinator, he'd probably be "coordinating"

Just to repeat, Shannon is currently coordinating S H I T.

Randy Shannon is currently a ******* POSITION COACH AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL.

But by all means, carry on with your nonsense. You keep championing that position coach til the cows come home.

Last edited:
for a summer addition. richt looking at CB, WR and FB. more might become available per matt porter tweet.

Would like CMR to explain why not JC! Inquiring minds would like to know why the **** not. After his non-conviction he'll be a model citizen, plus we need the muthaphucker bad as we need WR speed.

Possibly because he hasn't graduated yet. Maybe there is something about his transcript's that's a problem.
Who knows. We will see when he graduates.

Advertisement

What makes you think Randy wants to be UM's DC.?

I can' believe that someone thinks he is a great DC. He was fired how long ago? and still no DC job. Simple fact if there was a "great DC" that had recruiting ties to South Florida, there would be a bidding war for his services. Not no interest.

Advertisement
I'm glad Diaz is calling out the poor tackling. It's been a problem for far too long.
I'd rather he fix it.

Not mutually exclusive.
We shall see when the season starts if they did both.

Out last coach called out the tackling regularly. Couldn't fix it. We're going on 13 years of coaches calling out players. It's fix it time.

This dude's making a lot of money. Come up with a solution to the problem.

I'm glad Diaz is calling out the poor tackling. It's been a problem for far too long.
I'd rather he fix it.

Not mutually exclusive.

Out last coach called out the tackling regularly. Couldn't fix it. We're going on 13 years of coaches calling out players. It's fix it time.

Agreed, but at least he is actually trying something different (per the other thread about the new tackling style). Whether it works remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I'd rather he fix it.

Not mutually exclusive.

I agree. We will know if a few months if all they did was talk about or if they are capable of fixing it.

Advertisement
Back